hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Steps:
    8.12. 9281
    9.12. 11029
    10.12 7459
    11.12 4541
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,101 Member
    Week 2's Group Challenge has been posted and begins tomorrow (12/12/21). Watch each day for a new picture and activity. Enjoy!

Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850791/december-week-2-challenge-activity-candy-cane#latest
  • Justanotherloser007 first name Tarean
    Step goal: 10,000 daily
    Dec 8: 14,849
    Dec 9: 10,518
    Dec 10: 8,182

@LaurieWrobo praying for a Christmas miracle for you and your hubby ((((hugs))))
    @hipari I am a total shortie, I am 5’3” and I am 48 yo. When I was 179 the scales said I needed to lose 30 lbs of fat. So I figured I will probably get to 150ish go to “maintenance” sort of, and work on changing fat to muscle. Kind of like Frank is doing. I know that is a long process especially for older and short people. Like years in the making, but that is okay. If I survive that long, I am in for the journey.

Thank you all for the prayers, mother-in-law is out of the hospital and while they have no idea what happened they did diagnose her with dehydration... again. I am trying to figure out how to get her and Pa to drink more, and also eat less junk food. Taking suggestions! They are 75 and Pa has severe dementia Ma has moderate dementia.
  • jessicakrall8
    Hello

Can you please remove me from the team? I'm having some personal issues and need to take time off.

Thank you and best wishes for everyone

@BlueSkyNomad I've asked the MODS to remove you. Hope you find the time you need and we'll welcome you back whenever you're ready. Take care!
    Jessica
  • Here is a great blue heron, I see this sort of bird a LOT around here:
    c4rljczrzqjf.jpg
  • hipari
    Thank you all for the prayers, mother-in-law is out of the hospital and while they have no idea what happened they did diagnose her with dehydration... again. I am trying to figure out how to get her and Pa to drink more, and also eat less junk food. Taking suggestions! They are 75 and Pa has severe dementia Ma has moderate dementia.

Are your in-laws obese, or why is there a need for them to eat less junk food? I ask because literally all elderly people I know and need to somehow care for are eating too little, and we are resorting to sneak tactics to add calories to everything. If that’s the case with your in-laws, ”junk food” aka energy dense food might actually be helpful. Vitamins they can get from a pill if needed, calories not so much.

Anyway, adding more drinks might work similarly: strategically place drinks and beverage they like everywhere so they’re within reach, and make sure it’s easy for them to enjoy. That means placing water bottles, juice boxes or whatever they like to drink not only in the fridge, but also on their dining table, next to the sofa, on their bedside tables etc., wherever it’s within reach from where they spend their time. Also, make sure the beverages are in containers that area easy for them to open. For example, there’s no point in putting a can of soda in front of them if their hands are too shaky to open it or if the water bottle has a cork that’s too tight. Even just a pitcher of water and some glasses can go a long way if they actually drink water. My experience is clearly different, but if they’re dehydrated enough to be hospitalized (fairly common, I think) it’s probably more critical for them to get enough fluids than to make those fluids super healthy. So, if they want to drink sugar juices or soda all day and there isn’t a health condition that directly prevents them, I’d say let them. We spent several years feeding our grandpa chocolate, crackers and most calorie-dense meals possible because he wasn’t eating large enough quantities. Chocolate isn’t very healthy, but sneaking the calories in by simply leaving boxes of chocolate lying around his house sure helped a lot.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,553 Member
    Saturday, December 11

Exercise: no
    Net calories: 2126
    Protein: 88
    Steps: 11.818 / 11.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I had an okay Saturday. I did groceries and my laundry. I had a planned high food day which was alright. I didn't really enjoyed my food though, which I would have in the past. I feel like the meds are making me worse. I have an appointment again in two weeks, but I am considering going sooner to discuss stopping with them. Happy Sunday everyone <3
  • suziieq56
    suziieq56 Posts: 14 Member
    Sunday Weigh in
    PW: 244
    CW: 244.2

• jessicakrall8
    Lw was 180.6
    Cw 180.1
    Today is my birthday and I am going to enjoy it.

ycwmuq38lf6p.jpg

Enjoy your birthday @jennifersusanmcdougall ...I removed all calories from this cake!! :smile:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    z08zd0zregzo.jpg

Good morning Shifters!!

Pushed myself a bit too much yesterday but I felt so strong, I couldn't help it. I did a 2 mile walk in an hour yesterday morning and then pushed throughout the day and hit 10k steps! Had to take a tylenol to sleep, but feeling just a little stiff this morning. I've done a half mile this morning and will endeavor to do another.

I'm doing some meal planning this morning with my neighbor who has a new recipe to show me. That means my evening meals will be all planned out for the week to save time. The closer we get to the holidays, the busier things are getting with work and work events. I'm closing out my piano studio this month so that chapter is closing and I'm not as sad as I was. I'll miss it, but it will be nice to only have one job and my down time will be mine. I really want to continue my walking and reading in the evenings, so looking forward to that.

Hope you have a wonderful and restful Sunday!
    Jessica
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @LaurieWrobo so sorry to hear about your husband. Sending good vibes and thoughts your way.

@jennifersusanmcdougall Happy Birthday!!🎁🎈
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    Results-of-the-Week-in-Education1.jpg

We have completed the first week of December! Click the link down below to check out the results!

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...
    iz39dq4kk64w.png
  • hipari
    Hi team! How was everyone’s weekend, and what are your plans for next week?

Today was a fun, albeit long day. My husband went to play dungeons&dragons with a group of friends at our daughter’s future godparents’ place, so her godmother evacuated herself to our place for some relative peace and quiet. We hung out with the baby, ordered pizza and decorated my christmas tree. After coming back home, my husband made dinner and now I get a 3-hour evening of alone time while he takes care of the baby. I’m going to take a long shower, put on fresh pj’s and watch the silliest holiday movie I can find from netflix. And eat ice cream, of course.

Next week is going to be busy but fun - we have something happening most days, and our daughter’s Christening party is on Sunday. It’s also the last workweek of the year for my husband, as he is taking his winter vacation and his last week of together-with-mom paternity leave* around the holidays.

*For the curious: in the current Finnish system, dads get 3 weeks of paid paternity leave they can take while mom is on maternity leave or parental leave, and 6 paid weeks they can take when mom is working. Moms get 4 months paid maternity leave, and there’s a roughly 7-month paid parental leave that either parent can use. After these, either parent can stay on a very poorly paid care leave until the baby turns 3 (the big benefit is not the money but the fact that this leave is a legal right that employers can’t deny, and the parent has the right to return to their old job). My husband took first 2 weeks of paternity leave right after the baby was born, and saved the third week for Christmas. He’s working from home, though, so he’s able to help out which is nice. He’s planning on staying home for at least a few months after I go back to work next fall, possibly even a full year.
  • jessicakrall8
    @hipari Sounds like you guys scheduled everything just right for all concerned (BRAVO!)...glad you got some "me" time as I know from talking with my friends who are moms and just how vital that time is. As always self-care is important!!!

This week is the last week at work before everyone runs for the hills and is out for vacation for Christmas. I always work and let the employees with kids take the time...don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but it's magical for kids...they only get that childhood time once...I have family that have decided not to be vaccinated, so I will be alone on Christmas...my parents are both deceased and my brother and niece are in KY and FL respectfully, since my two cousins are not vaccinated, I won't risk my health. I just had my booster, but won't be around non-vaxxers. So, other than work, I'll be walking, reading and playing Christmas music on the piano. I love my nice quiet evenings.

My neighbor came over and fixed a recipe for me and I made some lean onion/turkey burgers for the week, so now all I have to do is reheat and add a veggie in the evenings...takes the pressure off. Only shopping I had to do was for a few colleagues on my team at work and I got that done, so the week should go smoothly I hope.

Are you guys still shopping or got everything ready for the holidays?

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2021
    Don't forget to pop in on the Candy Cane Activity Challenge for the week. Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850791/december-week-2-challenge-activity-candy-cane#latest
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,178 Member
    edited December 2021
    frankwbrown
    Step goal: 10,000 daily
    12/10 Fri: 10,048
    12/11 Sat: 10,006
This discussion has been closed.