Options

Replies

• justanotherloser007
    Options
    Dec 11: 16,013
    Dec 12: 14,497
    Dec 13: 13,148
    Dec 14: 14,277

Here is the BESTEST ever walking partner, who never lets me down and is ALWAYS ready for the crazy walks I take him on. He is my pumpkin spice pibble mix. This guy! At mile 3.5 he always acts like walking is our life now and we will simply walk forever lols...

lows9nv80kuz.jpg

@hipari I am really glad that all is well down there! Also, the appt for questions seems like it will help you glean some good info for postpartem exercise. You got this, your goals seems completely doable!

Thank you so much for the recipe, I can’t wait to make it as I am pretty sure that they both like pecans. In my experience, even if you don’t like nuts all that much, putting all that deliciousness on them makes them fully addictive!! As for diabetes, I am very familiar with it, as the hubby was diagnosed with it 12 years ago now. Of course, he has kept a perfect weight and walks - neither of which his parents did. He is struggling with all the horrible effects of kidney disease right now. His Mom’s kidney’s were down to 15% working last year. Diabetes is a sort of a systemic, makes all the things not work kind of disease.

@jessicakrall8 Thank you, I will try to stay with them a little more often, even if it is just a few days a week at first. They seem to like me much better than they did when I was younger (I have been married 28 years Jan 6) so that helps!! Nothing worse than caring for people who just don’t like you lols. I will definitely ask for help, the elder sister is very helpful and the youngest brother is struggling with cancer in his marrow so he just can’t do much right now which is completely understandable. That is why he sent the meatloaf. Really, really helpful actually!
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    @angmarie28 (((hugs))) for you and your daughter. I hope she starts to feel better and I pray she will be able to breathe really soon. And yes, someone moving in is such a HUGE life change!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @justanotherloser007 sorry hear about your husband’s diabetes and your brother-in-law’s cancer. Glad to hear your husband is doing well with his diabetes care, though.

Steps:
    12.12. 4529
    13.12. 4758
    14.12. 9045

On Sunday I never left the house, and on Monday I had a lunch date with a colleague who insisted on picking me up and dropping me off with her car. She always does that, as she likes to talk while driving, which is OK but results in me not getting steps in :) I work HR and whenever she wants to talk about something that’s bothering or stressing her, she invites me to lunch, picks me up from home and drives around until she’s done talking. Luckily her worries on Monday weren’t really related to work, so it didn’t bother me to go out with her despite being on maternity leave.

Today I noticed something that has likely inflated my step counts a little: I was syncing my Fitbit while bouncing the baby to help her tummy troubles so I had the app open and saw numbers updating live, and noticed Fitbit treats each bounce as a step. Luckily our daughter is fairly easygoing and doesn’t need a lot of bouncing or calming, and even when she does it usually happens when I’m stuck pumping milk so my husband takes care of it.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    Hi All...had a fairly good day at work. Got a lot done, but had trouble keeping up with the emails...sometimes they just multiply like bunnies, I swear it!! Boss is on vacation after tomorrow until the new year...he also told us we can work from home for the next two weeks (YAY!!) and of course we're off two days next week and one day the next (for New Years)...time will surely fly by. Can't believe we're on top of the end of the year. It's crazy how time flies!

Hope we all have a good day tomorrow!! Remember you're all wonderful people and everyone else just needs to pick up on that, right?!! WE COLLECTIVELY ROCK!

Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @frankwbrown I love that quote!!

@justanotherloser007 What a great pup pic!!! You've got a friend for life there...and the BEST walking partner, as you said!

@princessdimplz Nice loss this week! Great work!!

@pupowl So glad your Mom made your day!! Your post made me smile...

@kcpond Thanks for your steps!!

@angmarie28 Sorry your little one is having such a time...hope she's all better soon!!

@hipari Glad your hubby is teaming up with you...you can support each other...that's awesome!
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Monday, December 13

Exercise: gym
    Net calories: 389
    Protein: 43
    Steps: 12.638 / 11.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I finally made it to the gym again which was really good. When I got home, a package from my mom was waiting for me. She sent me some small presents for Christmas. It was really nice to get after a rough week. My fitbit went a little crazy and gave me 2477 extra calories today for some reason. I usually burn a little over 900 on gym days, so I just used that to calculate my net calories. Hopefully this is a one time thing and it will behave from now on. Happy Tuesday everyone <3

MFP was doing maintenance yesterday with Fitbit. Everybody's calories were wonky. It working now.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    @Chalmation
    Ah, thanks for letting me know. I wasn't aware. I had to add the app again to MFP but it does seem fine now. :smile:
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Steps for Monday, 14 Dec: 14.489
    My cat Tinus went to the groomer on Monday. The last time she was done really fast, so I figured I would wait around town for the call that he was finished. I checked out a gift shop which was really nice. Picked up some cards for my mom's birthday that's coming up in January and then I waited around. Of course I should have taken into account that it's winter now and that he explodes to twice his size in hair around this time. So I ended up waiting for 50 minutes. Tinus was also exhausted after such a long appointment and he slept most of the rest of the day. He looks very pretty again and I am sure he is glad to be rid of a huge pile of undercoat.
    Happy Wednesday everyone <3
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Opinions wanted: what would be the best time of day to get weighed in my situation?

Normally I would weigh in in the morning, naked, after bathroom and before breakfast so I’m as ”empty” as possible, as usually recommended. Currently that’s a problem as I wake up in the middle of the night to pump milk and possibly feed the baby, and always have a night snack. In the morning it’s the same thing: I get up, get dressed, start pumping and eat my breakfast while pumping. Since pumping is also a major part of the ”emptying” process currently (literally more than half a pound this morning alone) I’d like to weigh in post-pump, but the breakfast part is throwing me off. Pump time is pretty much my only chance to sit down and eat it, as after pumping I have to start morning chores if I want any chance of loading dishes and laundry before the baby wakes from her morning nap. I also drink lots of water during all pumping sessions to stay hydrated, so that would mess up the scales even more.

I’m normally a daily weigher and use a trendweight app, so I’d prefer to stay consistent even if I end up skipping some days due to baby hassle.
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wtbarunner
    Wednesday
    PW 240
    CW 236.9
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    kcpond
    Weigh-in Day - Wednesday
    PW - 247.2
    CW - 247.4
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    @LauriWrobo - I hope you don’t feel too badly after your booster shot tomorrow. I cleared my schedule after my booster on December 23rd for the same reason: lousy symptoms while my body adjusts to the shot! I’m just trying to focus on the fact that the symptoms passed after one nasty day and maybe one more of feeling fatigued. You have a lot of stress right now so I hope you can schedule some days that you can dedicate to yourself and spend doing whatever soothes you, gives you energy, or feels meaningful. Wishing you the best news and treatment possible for your husband and sons.

@hipari - I’ll offer an opinion just for the fun of it, along with the caveat that I have no medical or lactation expertise. I’m wondering if you can skip the mid-night snack and weigh yourself after pumping. Would that work for you? My rationale for that suggestion is because it seems more important for you to fuel your body in the morning so you’ll have energy to start your day. At night, it’s not as necessary to eat because you’ll want to get right back to sleep and maximize your rest time. Maybe a cup of chamomile tea will feel soothing and hydrate you in place of the usual snack. Of course, as you noted, the consistency is what’s most important and it doesn’t really matter what time of day you weigh in as long as you replicate the other variables (e.g., clothes/ no clothes, food/ no food, etc.) as closely as possible each time you weigh in. Monitoring the pattern over time is the key to making informed decisions based on your results. You’ll likely make adjustments once you don’t have to wake up during the night anymore, and your body stops producing as much milk. You can happily return to your morning routine again at that point.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    @hipari As long as you weigh around the same time, you'll see your progress as it happens. You got this!!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,191 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Step goal: 10,000 daily
    12/12: Sun: 11,679
    12/13: Mon: 10,635
    12/14: Tue: 10,009
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    12/13: 10,152
    12/14: 10,061
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    @hipari You have so many fluid factors! I would maybe pick the time you went to the Dr. Also, maybe instead of the usual thought of "This is my lightest I weigh now" consider weighing yourself at your plushest instead. If that isn't doable since it is all going in and out at a steady rate, pick the most doable convenient time, like when you wake up to make breakfast. You can even make sure that you do it with your nightgown on to make it that much more convenient. That might be easier since you are literally juggling duties right now! Then be consistent.
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    @coblujay What an inspiring fun NSV!! Very nice!!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    Opinions wanted: what would be the best time of day to get weighed in my situation?

Normally I would weigh in in the morning, naked, after bathroom and before breakfast so I’m as ”empty” as possible, as usually recommended. Currently that’s a problem as I wake up in the middle of the night to pump milk and possibly feed the baby, and always have a night snack. In the morning it’s the same thing: I get up, get dressed, start pumping and eat my breakfast while pumping. Since pumping is also a major part of the ”emptying” process currently (literally more than half a pound this morning alone) I’d like to weigh in post-pump, but the breakfast part is throwing me off. Pump time is pretty much my only chance to sit down and eat it, as after pumping I have to start morning chores if I want any chance of loading dishes and laundry before the baby wakes from her morning nap. I also drink lots of water during all pumping sessions to stay hydrated, so that would mess up the scales even more.

I’m normally a daily weigher and use a trendweight app, so I’d prefer to stay consistent even if I end up skipping some days due to baby hassle.

@hipari Anytime you change your routine and habits, there will be some fluctuation, so the first week will be strange, but after that I think you're right...after pumping even with the snack in your system...again, once that first week is out of the way, you'll have a new routine...

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.