Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl
    I understand governments' concerns, but these lockdowns really need to stop. We have vaccines and treatments that are keeping more people alive if they get COVID. Enough of messing with people's livelihoods and the economy.

You can always walk inside! There are plenty of walking programs on YouTube. That's what I do when the weather isn't nice.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    12/17: 11,212
    12/18: 8,048
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    @pupowl I'm with you on no plans for the holiday. I have a work colleague who has asked me to play Christmas music for her and she's bringing over dinner on Christmas Eve Eve...other than that, I plan to just do some reading, crafting, puzzle working and enjoy lots of holiday movies.

Very sorry about your plants...hope they survive and arrive on Monday. Remember you can walk in place, to music, to YouTube walking videos, while watching tv...you have lots of indoor options. Might not be as scenic, but it will keep you active. You're welcome to add me as a friend on Fitbit if that's your tracker and we can challenge each other this week! Search for JessicaK (Chesapeake, VA) and you'll find me.

I'm worried about COVID. I wish we'd go back into lockdown. Yes, it's harder on the economy but if everyone is sick or dying, how will THAT help the economy?! I don't mean to get political but everyone's concerns are valid. I'm praying that the predictions work out to be on the milder and not worse side, but I trust the science and that's what is predicting dire consequences. My heart breaks for those unvaxxed who will face it.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
    Jessica

f50tb9wblzpb.jpg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Our December Week Two Results are in! Click on the link below to check them out!

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

t0s6yxn0zyx6.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to the top three for Week 2! WTG Ya'll!!
    Jessica :blush:
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Our daughter was christened today, so now she officially has a name! Two of her godparents stayed over for dinner after the party, and it was really nice. We also have a ton of cake left, and some of my husband’s friends are coming over tomorrow to play Magic the Gathering and eat some of it. The cake was supposedly for 10 people. We had 11 people in the party, and our pastor’s husband is a friend of ours as well so we sent a box of cake home with her. There’s still about half of the 10-person cake left after 12 people ate some.

I’m really tired of covid, but thankfully I’m not as affected by it now that I’m on maternity leave. At work it was my job to monitor the covid situation, make sure our internal policies are up to date and take care of all health&safety aspects of it. Now I’m just super irritated by the current situation regarding covid passes and non-vaxxers and omicron, but I’d rather just not get into it. Instead, I’ll load the dishwasher, take a long hot shower and go to bed.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    My steps
    12/15 10,300
    12/16 15,304
    12/17 22,529
    I managed to get to the gym today.Did some cardio on the bike & rower.Then had a swim & a relax in the steam room.
    @CasandraW I hope your week improves.
    @Pupowl I'm glad that some of your things arrived.Hopefully your plants will survive the journey.
    @hipari I'm glad your daughter's Christening went well.I hope some of your visitors will soon finish off the cake !
    @Jessicakrall8 I would love to sing along to you playing Christmas songs on your piano.That sounds so much fun.
    I've still got some shopping for gifts to do before Christmas.Luckily I have a food delivery coming Thursday so I can avoid the supermarket.Plus I have hopefully my last physio for my shoulder injury this Wednesday.So a busy week.
    Hope everyone gets done what needs to be done. 🙂

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    @izzyred9400 I could always connect with you on Messenger video at the piano, just like I do when teaching my piano lessons virtually...anytime this week we can find a time that works...Christmas song sing-a-long! You'd have to promise not to make fun that I don't have a Christmas tree up this year! :blush:
    Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,185 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Step goal: 10,000 daily
    12/17: Fri: 10,821
    12/18: Sat: 10,578
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @Chalmation
    @jessicakrall8
    Thank you guys. The gym was my only out of the house thing, so I would prefer to walk outside. My current daily steps are mostly from indoors already. I did use youtube videos in the past, so I might go back to that for a bit. Also considering putting my deskbike back for a while. I am not too bothered by the lockdown. It's just going to suck to lose all the gym progress.

@izzyred9400
    Thank you. No news on the plants yet. :smile:

Steps for Sunday 19 Dec: 13.209
    MFP is still being weird with calories burned. Hope that will be sorted out soon.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday weigh-in
    PW: 302.6
    CW: 303.3

All I have to say is "cookies" UGH :neutral:
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Steps

12/14 - 7,541
    12/15 - 6,072
    12/16 - 7,435
    12/17 - 6,776
    12/18 - 5,524
    12/19 - 3,911
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Monday
    PW: 219.5
    CW: 220

There is candy EVERYWHERE :'(
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Mulecanter
    Monday
    PW: 219.5
    CW: 220

There is candy EVERYWHERE :'(

@mulecanter And COOKIES too! I'm having a horrible time!
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Ooooooh ya'll are QUIET today!! Must be out shopping for Christmas presents!

Fairly quiet work day...walked three times on breaks/lunch so got a little over a mile in...getting ready to relax and eat dinner...then I'm reading and hoping to finish my current book. Hope ya'll have a nice evening!

Jessica

6mgmpx8yad0s.jpg
  • princessdimplz
    princessdimplz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    PrincessDimplz
    Weigh-in: Monday
    PW: 262.7 lbs
    CW: 264.3 lbs
    LTD: 6 lbs
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Steps for Monday 20 Dec - 13.931

Good morning team. Not much to report. My food has been really messed up the past two weeks. I am going to try to fix it starting today. My plants didn't arrive sadly. The track and trace says they will be here later today. I did get a few of the books I ordered so I am excited to read them. I will have a more fun post tomorrow, promise! Happy Tuesday everyone <3
This discussion has been closed.