Dec 8 - 14

Options
Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
AWT: 228.0
LW: 229.3
TW: 229.0

Ok eating has been wacky and I ate heavy and later last night (meatloaf, potatoes and corn). This week's avg weight is 228, so as long as hubby and I remember to toggle the scale when we get on, I like to see the averages.

Sarah - my "dancing" is a true girl with NO RHYTHM while her hubby has the cool dancing moves all night long. But I dance like no one is watching and I don't care. We had so much fun! I was thankful for the slow ones so we could "sway" and cool down. haha.

We had our biometric testing at the office yesterday. Glucose is up this year (probably all of my starbucks that I've been drinking). I did attempt to go without it and yeah, well, I just went down there later. So I have to work on that. Overall cholesterol was good...trigs are still high. BMI - Bahahahaa....and BP...wah wah wah. I told the nurse it would be 165/94... 175/102. WTH? In my BP defense, she had also just poked me for blood draw...so yeah. I do take these numbers seriously and give it a lot of thought to my lifestyle and such. Sometimes I joke about them, but I am very much aware of their meanings. And bbbrrr our weather just turned. I was sleeping with the windows open one night and now bbbrrrr I have the heaters on. I know it's not as "cold" for you guys, but for me in the 40's at night is bbrrr. aand it's cloudy and dampish feeling. It's mid 50's but dampish...35% humidity. Compare to our normal 15-18%.

OK...So after typing the above, I put on my Brooks and walked the 1 mile route in my neighborhood. It was cool when I started, but thankful for the cooler temps when I ended. So thank you team. If I weren't posting and sharing here, I would not have gone for that walk.

Have a great day!

Replies

• Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Ok. Got in a 2nd walk at a late lunch.
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    LW: 122.4
    TW: 122.8

Oops. Well, I did have a high sodium dinner last night . . hope it's gone tomorrow. I got a workout today (cardio dance . . and yes ladies, I LOVE to dance . . not sure how good I am at it, but like Lois, I don't care) and last Monday with trainer and walking. So, the eating isn't as dialed in lately. I'll work on that this week. Yesterday I was at my daughter's taking care of the baby <3<3<3 They hired a nanny who will start tomorrow. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Sad, but also relieved because it's a long drive and it does wear me out in ways I'm not used to. My daughter told me "you don't have to babysit, you can just visit." I was like "Oh, yeah."

Lois, congratulations on getting TWO walks today! Well, I gotta run to Family Zoom. I'll check back tomorrow.
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Stopping by today to say hi and let you know that I am still around, even though I don't post much. Life lately has been a lot. This time of year is probably one of the most stressful times of the year, as much as September when the kids go back to school and hockey is starting.
    I managed to get on the treadmill a few days ago for a walk and then did weights, then 2 days ago I made it on the treadmill again, but yesterday I just didn't get it done. Up at 5:30 for work after sleeping crappy, work from 6:30-4:15... home for an hour for a quick supper.. then drive Ella to hockey in a snowstorm... then after had to drive back to pick up Tyler from his practice that was around the same time because Shawn had hockey last night. Finally got home at 9pm, had to wash Ella's hockey equipment as she's leaving to go out of province for a tournament today, then had another crappy sleep last night as the wind was blowing like crazy and something outside our room was making a banging noise, so I slept on the couch... with a dog on top of me all night. And up at 5am as Tyler's alarm was going off right next to him in the basement... he doesn't hear it but I hear it all the way upstairs and it wakes me up...UGH.
    This weekend won't be much better. We are watching Jodi's dog as she's going with Ella on the trip, so I'll have 3 dogs and a teenager to watch, as Shawn is working all weekend. Back to feeling not super appreciated lately, unfortunately. I guess I just have to lower my expectations of thank you's? I dunno.
    Sorry for the rant. Feels good to type it all out.
    I haven't weighed myself in a long time, but I can tell it's not good. I don't feel awesome, but can't seem to find the time to do anything about it. I might just have to say F it and put me first and let everyone fend for themselves.

Ok.. negative nelly post done. Not sure when I'll get a chance to post again, but I'll be reading!
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    LW: 129.0
    TW: 130.4

That's yesterday's weight after a pasta dinner that made me sooo thirsty. This morning it's down to 129.4, but that is still up a little and not down.

Sorry I didn't make it online yesterday. The trip to meet hubby's cousin halfway between his house and ours took much more of the day than I had planned. We ended up leaving earlier than planned because we expected to run into snow on the way, and then the traffic on I-83 was horrible. It was horrible because most of the traffic was huge tractor trailers that just refuse to stay right. By the time we got home, I had time to eat late lunch/early dinner and get to the mall for 50 minutes before it closed.

My new walking buddy could not make it last night, so I walked alone. And I was surprised when I logged on today to see that I burn a lot more calories when I walk by myself. Believe it or not, she is several inches shorter than me, which may be why my usual walking pace that is influenced by walking with super-fast Toni is faster than she can go. As we walk, I notice that she is breathing hard and sweating, so I slow down a little. I am doing neither but having someone to talk to makes walking more fun and having a commitment to someone gets me out of the house, so I'm thinking that I might want to go a little earlier than our planned meeting time and walk by myself for a few laps.

Lois, that's great that you got in a second walk. Not only did you move, but it got you away from phones and computers and people needing something. We need that time for ourselves.

Kelly, you do so much your family and canine family members, and I know how lack of sleep makes everything so much harder. I went through bouts of that when I was working and just could not turn my mind off. And then the stress of driving in bad weather! We worried about driving with just a little snow falling yesterday while you venture out in snowstorms. We are such wussies! I hope that you will find a way to capture some down time for yourself. You deserve it and when we take care of ourselves, we're better able to help others, too. And I'm glad that you're reading even when you can't post. That keeps me feeling connected to you.

Sheesh, I think the dancing is one thing we don't have in common. I'm sure both you and Lois are much better at it than I am. When I say I'm ridiculously bad, I am not exaggerating. I'm glad that you're able to spend time with your new granddaughter--especially since people have not been able to visit with family as much since Covid hit. And I know what you mean about intake. As I think ahead to the holidays, I know that I'll be eating out more, eating different foods, etc., and I need to plan how to manage all that.

Regarding my goals for the past week, I did good with steps (7-day average 11,850), but once again, I did other exercises only once. My doc says I should try to exercise with no weights for a while and see what happens with the shoulder, so that is my main goal for this week, i.e., do some upper body exercise without weights 3 times. Now that's going to be a hard goal for me to make. Sheesh, at some point I may need to bite the bullet and also get a trainer to at least get me started. I know how much you value yours. But with our income cut by more than half during 2021 and bills that keep going up, I'd like to cut expenses rather than increase them. We'll see.

Have a great Friday Eve everyone!
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I had my trainer today, and she kicked my kitten, ha ha. I also did some quick cardio after because I don't get as sore if I get some blood moving afterward. Now, I'm back to Christmas visit planning. I swear, I don't know what we can go do. I checked some lights venues here, and they don't require masks . . even the one in the county here that is reporting another case of Omicron in a fully vaccinated young man. Ugh. It is outside, but it gets very crowded. Same with the local zoo, which does pretty lights . . no masks required. Maybe we'll just stick to other outdoor activities like skiing and sledding. I'm so tired of Covid. :s I don't want a house full of family getting sick, especially my grandchildren.

Kelly, it was so good to see your post . . glad you're reading. Lack of sleep is the worst! And feeling unappreciated is pretty discouraging. But, I'm sure you are appreciated. And, if it's any comfort, as time goes by and your kids / hubby realize all you've done for them, they will appreciate you more. Just keep being you . . you wouldn't want to be any other way . . and you can be proud of yourself and the role you play in their lives and childhoods. You'll reap the rewards . . . hang in there. A lot of the time, the only person who appreciates us, IS US. Give yourself a big pat on the back. And, hopefully you will find a way to carve out an hour every other day or so for yourself. When I was so busy with working and family, I would go to the gym and it would be dark and I would sit in the parking lot not wanting to go in. I would tell myself, "I'll just go in and get changed into workout clothes . . then leave if I just can't work out". Then, I would say, "I'll just walk on the TM, and if it doesn't feel good, I'll go". Then, "I'll just do a few machines now, and then go". Usually, I got a pretty good workout. Once or twice, I did go home, lol.

Sarah, great job with the step averages and the speed walking. You could look online for workouts. . there are a lot of free ones on YouTube. And, bodyweight exercises are a great way to start or even always just bodyweight. It's a great way to tone up and get ready for adding weights later if you want. Look up "functional weight training". Start SLOW, and only do a few, adding on if you can. But, in the meantime, walking is a great exercise. You get more toning from that than you might realize.

Lois, lucky you with the nicer weather for outdoor exercise. It's snowing here today, and it looks like for the next few days. I like it though, and we need the water. But, I really don't like walking in it. . . the cold air bothers my lungs, my nose runs a lot, and I don't want to fall so I hardly get my heart rate up. Oh well, treadmill, workout videos, and weights for me until the weather improves. Enjoy your cooler weather.

Gotta run. Have a nice weekend everyone.

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Kelly, just checked back and was reading again and saw where in the midst of it all, you made it on the treadmill a couple of times and once added weights. Sorry I didn't give you the kudos you deserve for that when I posted a few days ago. Honestly, with all that's going on, you deserve a big hurrah.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday. Around this time of the year, it just seems like there's extra stress on everyone and so we have to shoulder our own and its effect on others. Sending my SNSers good thoughts today as we wait for the terrible storm that caused tornadoes down south to pass through here on its way out.
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Well, I made it through the weekend with insane puppies and a teenager WOOHOO lol
    I'm starting to feel a bit better and even though I was super busy doing housework yesterday, I felt like I got a bit of a me day. Sometimes cleaning actually is stress relieving for me. I just put on my airpods, listen to a podcast and giver. I think it's only stress relieving when it's stuff that doesn't HAVE to get done ASAP and I'm not in a rush. I was happy I managed to get a dog walk in yesterday and with all the cleaning, I closed all of my apple watch rings. Yay me.

Great job everyone with all of the activity you've been getting!! It's definitely helping motivate me. While I do look forward to Christmas, I do actually like January and February because I am more motivated and seem to have more time to workout.

Ok.. quick post today. Back to work. Thanks all for the kind words and understanding <3