Feeling proud

Options
Hi everyone, I am still new to to this app having just started this month BUT it has already helped me tremendously. I am being super faithful in logging everything I eat. Today was my husbands birthday and I knew we would be having cake and ice cream to celebrate BUT I was still able to stay within my daily calorie limit with 103 calories to spare. I had a sliver of cake and a small amount of ice cream and it was great. I didn’t feel left out or cheated. I am feeling proud of myself for being able to stay within my daily limit despite attending a few family potluck events. I kept all my portion sizes small so I could participate without the guilt. I am loving the accountability this app is giving me. It’s making it easier to say no and or choose healthier options. I’ve got a lot of weight to lose and for the first time I actually feel positive about being able to do this successfully

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    It is awesome that you're starting strong and tackling some of the most difficult eating situations such as potlucks and birthdays and holiday eating straight off the bat.. and successfully! Actively choosing what, where, when, and how much to eat for the win!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    Big congratulations to you!

It is inspiring to read your post. And it makes me happy that you started this thread. Proud is always a weird word for me - but I know that I did indeed feel proud when I was "eating for the win" (thank you for that phrase PAV). I've been missing that feeling. Thank you for reminding me.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Me, too….me, too….I have to make a new little star chart/graph next week because I now have more pounds to lose than I have squares!