What's On Your Mind Today?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    BeeJ, I was thinking the same thing! We woke up to -5(F) yesterday morning here. But the weatherman says it's going to be in the 40s next week! Woohoo!! Break out the bathing suit!! Lol.

@TerriRichardson112 I love your poem! You're so talented! :love:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    (🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁 please!)

I have signed in for 90 days in a row! (one of my Jan goals was to have a perfect 94-day cumulative total since I got active on MFP again the last few days of October 2021)
    Well done, BeeJ. You have such great determination. I have no doubt that you will add 28 days to that cumulative total in February.
    BMcC9 wrote: »

There will be cold snaps, but these too shall pass. The spring bulbs are already breaking through and snowdrops are scattered under the trees at the end of the garden.

OOOHHHH LOOOK! The "Severe Cold Warning symbol is missing from my computer! Wait, it's back again! 🌬 🌡 (wind chill -26C right now or -18.5F if you are in the USA) ... and SHE has spring bulb breaking through!! 😾
    😂🤣😂🤣😂 The vagaries of the weather around the world!

Patience, my dear. This, too, shall pass. 😉

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,134 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    @ideas2
    Oh no. I'm sorry that yours didn't turn out very well. My current yogurt that I've been making in my Dutch Oven has been turning out just perfect, so I think I'm a little spoiled. (No pun intended!) Lol. But my starter was a 1/2 cup of Fage 5%, and I'm wanting to switch to the l.reuteri yogurt instead. I have heard that this one will have much more of a "tang" to it than the regular yogurt... so I'm expecting that too.

I plan on making mine this evening. I'm not going to vary from the Dr.'s recipe for this first try. I'm going to use a mix of whole milk and ultra pasteurized half and half. My l.reuteri came yesterday and my Inulin from Blue Agave is supposed to arrive today. I figure if I start it tonight about 8pm, it will be ready by Sun morn at 8am. I usually put blueberries, chia seeds, flax seed, and the rolled Rye that I recently ordered in my yogurt - and if it's an "acquired taste", then I'll have plenty of time to get used to the new yogurt! Lol.

(Someone in the group mentioned the rolled rye a week or so ago ( was it you @Bill70sStrong OR @ForLangston ??), and I'm LOVING it! I've been using it in the yogurt more than oatmeal now!)

I think it was @Revlish that posted about the rye first) Teresa.
    @Mrs_Hoffer

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,160 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman Good reflection and understanding of the challenges your difficult day presented and the places where little issues could become the slippery slope. Your corrections sounds spot on..hoping for happier days to round out the end of January
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    @jamcnewman Good reflection and understanding of the challenges your difficult day presented and the places where little issues could become the slippery slope. Your corrections sounds spot on..hoping for happier days to round out the end of January

@ashleycarole86
    Thanks Ashley 💛
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman: nope, I am not a great baker. So it wasn't me discussing rye ;) Take care!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Julie @jamcnewman Yikes! It sounds like you had quite a challenging day! Great job taking steps so that you don't find yourself in that spot again! {{Hugs}}.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman
    I hope you are getting to grips with the new phone. I also rely on my iPhone to keep on top of all the things I have chosen to do.

Great insight into the problems you encountered. Warning re iPhone 11 duly noted.
    Tech is great, when it works, but v frustrating when it doesn’t.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,631 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman man that sounded like a awful day I was tired reading it! Like you noted it is frustrating when technology fails for what ever reason and we then realize how dependent we have become. I do hope today and the coming are better, stay the course and I am confident you won’t slip down the slope and if you slide a little you will recover just like the rest of us you’ll make it!
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Thanks @Mrs_Hoffer for your kindness 💛

@TerriRichardson112 All sorted out now — whew! It took forever (or it felt like it) for all the apps and data to load … Returned the old iPhone 11 for the trade in and good riddance 😂😂😂

Thanks Kate @snowshoe072 It had been a week of struggle really. But, back up on my feet now and looking forward.
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you your Son and family