January 21

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    I know this isn’t our monthly NSV day but something happened today and I’m pretty stoked. I have an old pair of jeans that I wear when I work outside or paint. For the last few years, even if I could get them on, they were so tight that I couldn’t stand to wear them. Today, grandkids came sledding. I don’t have snow pants so I first put on my fleece running pants and then wore those jeans OVER the fleece with no problems! They fit fine, with maybe even room to spare. It was great evidence of the progress I’ve made.

Awww how exciting!! Yay to u!! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    21/01/2022
    Love the opener post today – thankyou Maddie.

Exercise – only a short bike ride, it was so cold! But I got my 12,000 steps doing Utube videos.
    Tracked – yes
    Calories – yes
    2/3 pass days

I should have gone to the gym today - I have been trying to go 3 x a week - but I just didn't feel like it. I cut my bike ride short, just went to the shops, round to mum's and home.
    Winter blues?

Awesome that u still went for ur bike ride though yep winter blues is def a thing!! Xo
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 110+ mins
    ✅ Calories: under goal
    ✅ Tracked

Remaining pass days: 3️⃣

@MadisonMolly2017 Very thought provoking.
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Exercise – yes
    Tracked – yes
    Calories – yes
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    January 21
    ✅✅✅
    4 pass days used
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Pass day
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi Friends,

Congratulations to all of you who are hitting your UAC goals & making progress!

Today’s opener is for those of you who might be struggling (as I am) right now.

I’ve dealt with this a few times over the past few years of maintenance. Here are some things that have helped me & that I’m concentrating upon now

1. We are dealing with a “chronic, relapsing disease” NOT a personal failing.

* SO, no shame (the disease wins.)
    * No giving up (the disease wins.)
    * No “I’m dealing with X, Y, or Z, so I’ll just take a break / stop tracking / reduce my exercise / stop weighing myself / etc (the disease wins).
    * No feeling sorry for ourselves (the disease wins)

How to beat this disease?
    1. Gratefulness. We’re alive❣️
    2. Self-Love, Self-Care, Positive Self-Talk
    3. Keep tracking/weighing/exercising even if you don’t like the results & especially if you don’t want to! (Refer back to #2.)
    4. Don’t make drastic changes. Little tweaks work. Treat our bodies with love.
    5. Look at past records to see what worked.
    6. Decide on the One Thing that would help the most & do that.
    7. Focus on stopping the gain first. Once you are solidly maintaining a weight (even if it’s higher than you would prefer), THEN work to lose.
    8. Veggies & water!

So, I recently came across an article on the great British actress, Dame Judi Dench, who is still acting at age 85-6 (Amazing). But the inspirational part to me was she has macular degeneration & cannot read/see. Did she give up? NO! Her friends read her the lines over & over & over until she’s got them. The director guides her if she’s saying her lines to a tree instead of her fellow actor - with gentle humor.

I decided - and have already begun - to ask myself when dealing with a tough situation- what would Judi do?

Enlist help
    Ask for feedback
    Come up with creative solutions
    Never give up

Wishing you all the best these final 11 days of a January. I’m beginning a fresh start right now. This minute. I think Judi would, too❣️

How is it going for you? What strategies are you implementing to make the rest of January awesome?

Thank you @MadisonMolly2017, this is very inspirational. We should always have the winner's attitude. I like Judi's attitude.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/judi-dench-is-tired-people-748698/
    I have an aunty (89yrs) who has this same attitude and she inspires me a lot.

"Where there's a will, there's a way"