January 5

Options

Replies

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    @slimtastesbetter - you get the perseverance award! Way to go!
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Remaining pass days 3
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    Options
    Dec 5
    Exercise: ✨ core work - 12 mins; balance practice - 5 mins; exergame 35 minutes plus other get-those-steps-in
    Logged: ✨ everything
    In Range: ✨ all 206 fitbit activity credits left in the pot!

(if there is a P=instead of a 🌟, its a Pass Day)

🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Thanks @biketheworld, I was proud of myself, especially because at first I thought I'd just do 2 miles. But then as I was finishing up 2 miles, I thought to myself why not do 4 more "laps" and make it 3 miles. So that's what I did. :blush:

Last night it rained and today it's supposed to rain like crazy with a high near 50 so perhaps all the snow and ice will be gone from the trail(s) tomorrow! Today I'm going to stick to the treadmill, probably a combo walk and jog, and I should also use the dumbbells, even if just for a few minutes. Got out of the habit of strength training.

Re eating back exercise calories, I like to know they're there if I 'need' them. I usually eat some but not all of them. Yesterday I earned 300 extra calories but only used about 45 of them.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,613 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Tracking yes!
    Calories no
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your opener @victorious55!
    I love your chart!!

I believe 1/2 my weight loss was due to significantly increased daily walking- 90 mins & a total of 4.2-4.5 daily miles for the past 4 years. It raised my whole level of movement & I was more as drive throughout the day, too.

I lost about 1 lb a week at my best or a decrease of 500 cals a day. 250
    Decrease in food 250 increase in exercise.

I felt this gave me the nutrients & energy to walk faster & longer & hopefully kept my
    Metabolism up - which it did seem to do

PS I know there is astonishing new research on metabolism currently…
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options

✅ Exercise: 110+ mins
    ✅ Calories: under goal
    ✅ Tracked

Remaining pass days: 3️⃣

• PiccoloStar
    PiccoloStar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pass day, exhausted.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    @victorious55 Great opener today. I came back to read it since I was busy yesterday. The chart is eye-opening and your post about your friend who continued to drink an excessive amount of juice (sugar) was insightful. Thanks for sharing!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    Jan 5/22
    I tracked (although I filled my diary in this morning - which I don't like to do bc I do tend to forget), I stayed under (deliberately paid attention to what I was eating) but I didn't exercise. I was very conscious of not letting perfect be the enemy of good and managing to NOT let a non-perfect day become my enemy (by not letting myself have free reign to eat whatever I want - and yes I was tempted to last night but I refocussed myself and ate 1/2 cup of Tom Yum soup, some grapes and 2 mini cucumbers instead and then put myself to bed).

@Jana_2020 what I do is pre-log (usually the night before for the next day), and then for each meal or snack, I open the MFP app on my phone, and take a look at the diary to see "what's on the menu" for that meal! That way, I know if I'm following the plan, that I won't go over.... and I don't ever forget to log a meal! Just FYI.....

I also wanted to add a HUGE CONGRATS for not going hog wild for the remainder of the day!!!! Way to go!!!