Hello

Options
Hi,
I’m looking for support and friends to share this journey. ‘ I know I don’t like using the word journey it’s soo cliche’ 😂. But, it seems to fit.
I would love to build a positive group of friends who can support and motivate each other. Here’s a bit about me;
I’m in the U.K. female over 50 wanting to get back into shape. Reduce my weight and increase my fitness. We most probably share many obstacles. Mine are staying motivated, I love dance type fitness like Zumba, but my hip doesn’t like me doing too much of it. So I need to be wise with my exercise regimen.
I don’t really eat that unhealthy I enjoy cooking, planning my meals has been difficult due to changing Work shifts. But, that is sorted, I have changed jobs and only do 12 hour shifts 3 days a week, and they are fixed shifts. Unknown in nursing here in the U.K.

Replies

• Marcia421
    Marcia421 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well I am 52, was born in Colchester, Essex, moved to Washington State on the West Coast of the US, when I was 8. I am also a Registered Nurse, but am not currently working due to a work related injury. Also Love Zumba, but for me its the low back and knee that are holding me back. And the best quote I ever heard was "it's not your destination that counts in life, but the path that you take", so journey works just fine. 12 hour shifts are brutal.
  • jenkfay
    jenkfay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I’d love to connect if you’re still active in this group. I’m new and I’m trying to find some accountability partners here.

I’m 51 and I have about 60 lbs to lose. I live in New Jersey USA, about a half hour from New York City. The eta of COVID has really wracked havoc on my fitness level… I’m trying to build myself back up and be more mindful about my diet. Hope to hear from you!