NEW YEAR CHALLENGE

Options
Restfinder
Restfinder Posts: 2,308 Member
Just as with our other challenges I want us to make goals for the next three months. I've learned from the past couple of challenges and will make my goals more doable for the way my life is going right now.

Goal 1 - stay between 1000 and 1200 calories a day; maxing out at 1500 but never more than that.

Goal 2 - As much as possible, remove wheat and dairy from my diet.

Goal 3 - Exericise. If I can't walk outside I will walk inside, working on increasing my steps every few days.

I will be extremely happy if I can keep up with this!

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,697 Member
    Options
    Goal 1 - Stay within 900-1200 calories a day
    Goal 2 - Get back on track and stay there (pare down those cheats!)
    Goal 3 - Try to find an exercise that Bill and I can do together without going downstairs (Bill needs the exercise more than me due to mobility, so I want to make this for both of us...maybe I will stick with it?)
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,496 Member
    Options
    Goal 1: 3 meals no snacks

Goal 2: start counting steps setting a small goal for January and increasing it in February

Goal 3: keep up with my daily devotions getting my spiritual food for the day and my daily coaching call for me eating health
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Goal 1: 3 meals no snacking after dinner (1200-1500 calories)

Goal 2: Increase activity: Minimum 15 minutes daily and increase to 45

Goal 3: Aim for better diabetes and pain control/management
  • bren5535
    Options
    Starting Stats: Will update weekly

Weight: 236.8
    BP: 126/72 HR 65
    FBS 220

I had fast food lunch on Thursday and Friday and will not be doing much of that now that I am going to be at home. I will do my kitchen inventory, make a meal plan, find my grill pan etc. and cook simple meals for myself. I have a great deal of good things in there to use and I am thankful for my abundant supply that God has provided.

75n07fkjr8he.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I didn't even think about taking my weight this morning. I think my starting date is going to have to wait until the fourth when my breakfast protein drinks get here and I can manage my eating better. My knee is well enough that I should be able to walk each day, it's just feeling up to it that is going to be the problem - taking care of mom both physically and mentally is both physically and mentally draining on us. Please pray for us as we make decisions about the future.
  • bren5535
    Options
    Yes, Kim! Prayers for you and Wade in the time ahead. Continued prayers for strength and provision in the circumstances of your household. Rest when you can and be gentle with yourself to avoid injury. Love you, Sister...
  • Edsqueen
    Edsqueen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    New to MFP but not new to trying to lose weight! This time I'm going to trust more in God and less on myself! My goals are:

1. Stay with my devotions daily!
    2. Stay under 1500 calories.
    3. Get off my hiney and start walking!

SW: 251.2
    CW: 251.2
    GW: 200 (My first goal weight!)

Praying that we will all be successful in our goals!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Though it is only the 2nd day of the month here is a small update on how my goals are going

Goal 1: 3 meals no snacks This was accomplished on January 1

Goal 2: start counting steps setting a small goal for January and increasing it in February This was accomplished on January 1 with 525 steps recorded

Goal 3: keep up with my daily devotions getting my spiritual food for the day and my daily coaching call for me eating health This to was accomplished on January 1 though had thoughts of breaking from what I had written down in my food journal but having committed the food to Christ I held firm and stayed to the plan.
  • bren5535
    Options
    Hello Edsqueen and welcome aboard! Wishing us all a blessed and productive New Year and new mercies each morning.

That's a great report Marilyn!

I had a high carb day yesterday and confess it was mediocre and not "wonderful"....I was over in calories but stayed on track with the 3 meals, no snacking. But...my FBS is really high today so I'm paying the piper for my carelessness. I am back on the wagon and firmly seated for this new day.

I need to sort my fridge and freezer, do a Kitchen Inventory and make up a meal plan that I am actually willing to cook. I will keep things simple and light.

Blessings to all in this new day!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I am hoping that my Amazon order gets here today and I can get started on my goals. Without my protein drink in the morning it's hard for me to stay on goal. I am starting at 237 lbs., just two pound gain over the holidays, so I am very happy with that. No more sweets in the house either, so that should be a big help.

Welcome, Edsqueen, we are so happy to see you here. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of any help to you!

Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Lost a bit more of my holiday weight. I had gained 4# and now have 8/10 of a pound to get back to December 20th. I am hoping to stay on track and make goal sometime in March or April.

Calories 941
    Carbs 94
    Sat Fats 14 (one over, maybe - I don't think I put butter in the soup, so may be okay)
    Cholesterol 108
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Protein drinks came yesterday so am on track today. I had a protein drink for breakfast, will have a smoothie for lunch (blueberry and peanut butter powder (no sugar)) yummers. I also add some cranberry grape juice to it and my coconut milk, French vanilla protein powder, magnesium-threonate powder, and my fruit and veggie powder!

I didn't even think about weighing this morning but will try and remember tomorrow so I can see where I'm at.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Was totally awful yesterday! We enjoyed the cheat, though.

Today
    Calories 944
    Carbs 96
    Sat Fat 11
    Cholesterol 132
  • bren5535
    Options
    I was over my calorie limit again yesterday. I did have an extra meal so will watch myself today. I did work more tho....mostly in the kitchen area, sorted fridge, vacuumed, trash out again and did a Wal-Mart pick up at 9:00. The electricians are changing out our breaker boxes and I hoped they'd get mine done during my nap yesterday but they didn't.

Today, my bedroom needs my attention....I'll make sure it gets some.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Wow, Connie, your numbers do not look awful! LOL! That would be awesome for me.

I am back to my weight before the holidays, 235.6, so it's downward from here! I'm going to try and do my house walking today too!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    One week into the month / new year and here is what it looks like re my goals for January

Goal 1: 3 meals no snacks This has been accomplished with all meals so far with a bit of modifications due to hernia being sore.

Goal 2: start counting steps setting a small goal for January. So far so good getting my walk and got in 571 steps in yesterday so making good progress

Goal 3: keep up with my daily devotions getting my spiritual food for the day and my daily coaching call for my food encouragement. Have been doing this regularly actually it is the easiest part of my goal as I have been doing it now for quite a while.
  • bren5535
    Options
    I joined a new group today...Buy Nothing Big Country....and am giving away today, my first tub of clothes. She will be by at 5:30 to pick it up. I will have more to pass down once I am caught up on laundry.
    There was a bit on the news a few days back about this new group so I looked it up today. It's a great way to bless others with the excess and I know I'm not alone in having it. Now if I could figure out how to post pictures again...my phone crashed a year ago and I need simple instructions to do my pictures again.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Kim -HA HA!! I didn't post anything from the cheat day! I didn't even keep track. It was awful!

Today:
    Calories 844
    Carbs 77
    Sat Fats 11
    Cholesterol 98

• bren5535
    Options
    Week One Results:
    234.2 (-2.6)
    131/85 68
    231 (avg. 234)
    nedv8pi0i6bo.png

I had a good week one overall....but hurt my back lifting that heavy tub on Friday and last night had some bad pain in my lower belly, left side but I think that's related as well to my carelessness. I rested yesterday, a lot...and do feel better this morning. Praising God for His care.

I did not adhere to a meal plan really, but am on track about 3 of my 7 days. I want better for me in week 2.
    Wishing you all a great new week....be blessed and refreshed. Praying for us all.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Saw this and had to giggle.

Twas the month after Christmas,
    and all through the house,
    Nothing would fit me,
    not even a blouse.
    The cookies I'd nibbled,
    the chocolate I'd taste
    At the holiday parties
    had gone to my waist.
    When I got on the scales
    there arose such a number!
    When I walked to the store
    (less a walk than a lumber),
    I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
    The gravies and sauces and beef nicely reared,
    The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
    And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
    As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
    And prepared once again to do battle with dirt...
    I said to myself, as I only can,
    "You can't spend a winter, disguised as a man!"
    So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.
    Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.
    Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
    Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
    I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.
    I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
    I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie.
    I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
    I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore...
    But isn't that what January is for?
    Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
    Happy New Year to all, and to all a good diet.!