Leslie Sansone January 2022 Walk Challenge

texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
WELCOME to all walkers!

It will soon be January, 2022, and time to start the first monthly challenge πŸ˜…πŸ’ͺπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ of the year!

Actually, depending on your time zone, tomorrow may be closer than you think πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜„.

This group is open to any and all walkers. Many of us use Leslie Sansone, as well as other favorite instructor's walking or workout DVDs πŸ“€. Some may be inspired to go outdoors to walk or hikes on the trails or pathways that are available. Perhaps another may find that a walk in the neighborhood or on the treadmill is the perfect way to walk at times.

However, or wherever you get your walk or workout in, as well as strength or other form of exercise, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked or worked out, however you did it... it is all good!
The goal that you choose is your own personal goal for this month πŸ‘Ÿ πŸ“†.

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this group will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

If you discover this group during this month please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. You are always welcome, and it is never too late to join in :) . Just set your goals to reflect what you want to accomplish during the remaining days in the month.

Let's tie up our shoes πŸ‘Ÿand get some water πŸ’§, and start walking strong....

texasgardnr 🀠🌺
Β«134567

Replies

• sewfast
    sewfast Posts: 65 Member
    Happy New Year!
    My January goal is to get at least 15 minutes of physical activity each day before retreating to my sewing/craft studio. My thought is if I can maintain this for 1 month, it will become a healthy habit that I can sustain. Here we go...
    1/1/22 Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk with fitness band strength training (30 minutes)
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    My December goal was 182,000 steps and 82 miles. I walked way more than that but I had a lot of days at work that I don't normally have. I walk at work when I don't have anything else to do. I plan to walk at least 185,000 steps & 93 miles for January. (My steps and miles are tracked by my Fitbit.)

January Goal: 185,000 steps / 93 miles
    1/1: Nothing to report yet. I will report my total for today in the morning. B)

Walk On, Everyone!!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 977 Member
    Welcome, 2022!

This months goal:

Milage goal: 70 miles tracked
    Apple Watch Chall: 5 workouts of 15min or more.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Happy New Year Walkers!

Haven't done this challenge in a while. Going for 3 workouts a week and see how I do.

πŸŽ†πŸŽˆπŸ§¨πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

• MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Hi, all! My January goal is 6000 steps at least 5 days a week.
    How does one convert that to a miles goal?
  • Americanbabydoll

1/1: 5,437 steps / 2.73 miles

@MeowScout My Fitbit tells me how many steps and miles I have a day so that's what I use. Google says "About 2,000 steps. An average person has a stride length of approximately 2.1 to 2.5 feet. That means that it takes over 2,000 steps to walk one mile and 10,000 steps would be almost 5 miles." So 6,000 steps a day would be about 3 miles. Hope this helps.
  • sewfast
    My January goal is to get at least 15 minutes of physical activity each day before retreating to my sewing/craft studio. My thought is if I can maintain this for 1 month, it will become a healthy habit that I can sustain. Here we go...

1/1/22 Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk with fitness band strength training (30 minutes)
    1/2/22 YouTube channel "Improved Health" 30 minute aerobic workout to the 60s (*fun and inspiring workout)
  • AnnofB
    January Goal: 3 workouts a week.

1/1/22 rest day
    1/2/22 Drop Set Strength, 42 minutes
  • sandra2bfit1
    sandra2bfit1 Posts: 747 Member
    January goal walk 3 times a week
    2 miles today.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 977 Member
    We finally got a real amount of snow. Enough that the snowblower had to be used. So while my son took care of the driveway I took a very slow intentional walk around the snow cover field. That also gave me the opportunity to play with my new lens for my phone camera.

Welcome to all the new/newer walkers, So glad to see you here.

dtlniscog2or.jpg
  • Americanbabydoll

1/2: 4,508 steps / 2.21 miles

Totals: 9,945 steps / 4.94 miles
  • sewfast
    edited January 2022

1/2/22 YouTube channel "Improved Health" 30 minute aerobic workout to the 60s (*fun and inspiring workout)
    1/3/22 Reps to the Rhythm Walk & Tone #3 (20 minutes)
  • AnnofB
    edited January 2022

1/1/22 rest day
    1/3/22 3 Fast and Fun Miles 37 minutes
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,231 Member
    Hello & happy 2022 😊!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely photo @Deeder522 !

For January I am aiming for at least 15 active minutes per day or minimum 6000 steps on 5 out of 7 days each week.

For me, my steps per mile are much higher than 2000 - all depends on your stride length.
    My brother is very tall - he practically looks like he is walking slowmo beside me while I scurry alongside! 🀣

My preferred activity methods are Leslie Sansone or other YouTube walks inside, jump on my new rebounder or (gasp!) actually venture outside to walk! This week will incorporate taking down Xmas decorations too πŸ˜†. If not for blasted Covid I would love to have people over more, maybe a regular games night, which leads me to be more active in preparation & then cleanup after. I retired in 2021.
    sewfast wrote: Β»
    Hey @sewfast - thanks for sharing - I just subscribed to this channel!

Jan 1 - 7000+ steps entertaining at home; Fitbit recorded 110 active minutes!
    Jan 2 - pass! Day of recovery lol.
    Jan 3 - Improved Health 60's workout for 20 minutes (just did aerobic section)
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Happy new year everyone.

I've been walking 1-2 miles most days but in separate sessions. Yesterday 2 fast miles made my foot hurt so I can't push beyond that right now. Today is my next medical appt so I've got some nerves.

My January plans involve 2 miles a day as long as no pain, GETTING MY 250 STEPS EVERY HOUR (up and moving 3 minutes an hour is nothing and I should be doing this everyday), wrapping my ankle at night and strength and core sessions 3 times a week. I remind myself that short walks indoors now allow me to heal for the long walks outside when the weather is GREAT!!!!
  • Americanbabydoll

1/3: 10,046 steps/ 5.04 miles

Totals: 19,991steps /9.98 miles
  • sewfast
    edited January 2022

1/4/22 Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk (30 minutes)
  • AnnofB

1/1/22 rest day
    1/3/22 3 Fast and Fun Miles 37 minutes
    1/4/22 2 miles of 5 Fat Burning Miles 41 minutes
  • Americanbabydoll

1/3: 10,046 steps / 5.04 miles
    1/4: 5,427 steps / 2.72 miles

Totals: 25,418 steps / 12.70 miles
  • sewfast
    edited January 2022

1/4/22 Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk (30 minutes) Bonus! Shoveled snow for 1 hour!
    1/5/22 Jessica Smith Cardio Slide and Glide (31 minutes) Good change-up!