January - Week 1 Group Challenge - Things to Do in 2022

Options
jessicakrall8
jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
ke7zgrishfni.jpg

As most of us have learned, getting your head in the game is the majority of time we spend to prepare for this journey. Once you get serious, make a plan, balance things out and then consistently work toward your goals, things tend to fall in place. The science part is fairly solid. Last week, we reviewed our past year, we made plans and spent the week thinking about our goals and the results we want to see in 2022. If you're like me, you spent much time OUTSIDE of that challenge, thinking things through as well. So, now, we're going to take it one step further. Below are a few "things to do" to get ourselves in the right mindset for success.

I am SO excited to see what we can all accomplish in 2022! I KNOW this year will result in some amazing changes for each of us. And I can't wait to share those celebrations as a group! So, I challenge you to do one more week of reflection, deep thought and preparation...then the real work begins, but after this planning, I have a feeling things are going to fall right into place. I'll also include a few tips throughout the week to get us all moving.

Happy New Year! Here's to the NEW YOU!

40 Things to Do in 2022!

SUNDAY, Jan 2nd

1. One habit I’m going to build.
2. One bad habit I’m going to break.
3. One person I’m going to forgive.
4. One person I’m going to befriend or reconnect with.
5. One toxic tie I need to break (anything holding you back)!
6. One person I’m going to spend more time with.

MONDAY, Jan 3rd

7. One way I’m going to strengthen my personal relationship.
8. One thing I’m going to create.
9. One negative belief I’m going to drop.
10. One positive belief I’m going to reinforce.
11. One unhealthy food I’m going to stop eating.
12. One healthy food I’m going to start eating.

TUESDAY, Jan 4th

13. One book I’m going to read.
14. One new place I’m going to visit.
15. One adventure I’m going to go on.
16. One hobby I’m going to try.
17. One personal development goal I’m going to achieve.

WEDNESDAY, Jan 5th

18. One fitness goal I’m going to achieve.
19. One new food I’m going to try.
20. One fear I’m going to overcome.
21. One risk I’m going to take.
22. One thing I’m going to throw out.
23. One thing I’m going to save for and purchase.

THURSDAY, Jan 6th

24. One way I’m going to make more money.
25. One expense I’m cutting out.
26. One way I’m going to stop wasting time.
27. One skill I’m going to learn.
28. One class I’m going to take or workshop I’m going to attend.

FRIDAY, Jan 7th

29. One way I’m going to make myself indispensable at work.
30. One thing I will no longer tolerate.
31. One way I’m going to keep my energy high.
32. One way I’m going to relax and de-stress.
33. One way I’m going to get better sleep.
34. One way I’m going to have more fun.

SATURDAY, Jan. 8th

35. One small way in which I’m going to make the world a better place.
36. One bucket list item I’m crossing off.
37. One way I’m going to follow my dreams.
38. One major goal I’m going to conquer.
39. One letter I need to send.
40. One way I want to pay-it-forward.

Jessica

Replies

• GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Wow I love this list. If I do 1/2 the list I will have a lot to be proud of. Don't know if I'm supposed to list it here??
    ok starting 1/2/22
    1.make my bed every morning as soon as I get up.
    2. not brushing 2x a day
    3. ? varies usually get over things in time. Will try to not hold on to anything for more than a week, sometimes think about the offense well beyond that.
    4. Will work harder to connect with a long time neighbor that I only chat with. She seems hard to connect to. I've been trying for years... never give up
    5. People pleasing. I've always wanting to be there for everyone I care about, until I want to run and hide when I feel used. Setting boundaries.
    6. Spend more time in Gods word

I don't thing I can work on more than that for now as a new habit. Not if I'm being consistent.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    GMgetsfit wrote: »
    Wow I love this list. If I do 1/2 the list I will have a lot to be proud of. Don't know if I'm supposed to list it here??
    ok starting 1/2/22

I fixed it this way, so you can go and cut/paste each day's questions and then answer them...so you don't have to try and work from memory. Or you can go back to the original message, click QUOTE and then delete the days you DON'T want before answering...

I like what you said...if we do only half, that's a lot to be proud of...

Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    ke7zgrishfni.jpg

As most of us have learned, getting your head in the game is the majority of time we spend to prepare for this journey. Once you get serious, make a plan, balance things out and then consistently work toward your goals, things tend to fall in place. The science part is fairly solid. Last week, we reviewed our past year, we made plans and spent the week thinking about our goals and the results we want to see in 2022. If you're like me, you spent much time OUTSIDE of that challenge, thinking things through as well. So, now, we're going to take it one step further. Below are a few "things to do" to get ourselves in the right mindset for success.

I am SO excited to see what we can all accomplish in 2022! I KNOW this year will result in some amazing changes for each of us. And I can't wait to share those celebrations as a group! So, I challenge you to do one more week of reflection, deep thought and preparation...then the real work begins, but after this planning, I have a feeling things are going to fall right into place. I'll also include a few tips throughout the week to get us all moving.

Happy New Year! Here's to the NEW YOU!

40 Things to Do in 2022!

SUNDAY, Jan 2nd

1. One habit I’m going to build. Drink more water
    2. One bad habit I’m going to break. No nighttime snacking
    3. One person I’m going to forgive. Me
    4. One person I’m going to befriend or reconnect with. An old best friend
    5. One toxic tie I need to break (anything holding you back)! Thinking negativity about my body
    6. One person I’m going to spend more time with My husband
  • sequimtrim
    sequimtrim Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1. One habit I’m going to build: exercise every day
    2. One bad habit I’m going to break: eat the right amount, not until full or overfull
    3. One person I’m going to forgive: my neighbor, Rik
    4. One person I’m going to befriend or reconnect with. My friend, Robin.
    5. One toxic tie I need to break (anything holding you back)! stop trying to connect with my brother
    6. One person I’m going to spend more time with. My husband.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY, Jan 2nd

1. One habit I’m going to build. Work on increasing my steps.
    2. One bad habit I’m going to break. Never saying no.
    3. One person I’m going to forgive. Myself
    4. One person I’m going to befriend or reconnect with. My friend Mike from Ontario
    5. One toxic tie I need to break (anything holding you back)! Relationship with my uncle
    6. One person I’m going to spend more time with. My mom
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2022
    Options
    SUNDAY, Jan 2nd

1. One habit I’m going to build. Stretching before getting out of bed and reflecting on the previous day!
    2. One bad habit I’m going to break. Talking/thinking negatively about my small accomplishments.
    3. One person I’m going to forgive. Myself...for years I've let guilt and shame hang over me for things I couldn't control.
    4. One person I’m going to befriend or reconnect with. A family member I'd lost touch with long ago.
    5. One toxic tie I need to break (anything holding you back)! Fear of change
    6. One person I’m going to spend more time with. My friend, Niyah...

Enjoy your day, All!
    Jessica
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY, Jan 2nd

1. One habit I’m going to build. Taking care of my teeth, and regular dentist check-ups
    2. One bad habit I’m going to break. Leaving the clothes in the dryer.
    3. One person I’m going to forgive. Myself, I have not been kind to me at times.
    4. One person I’m going to befriend or reconnect with. Kendra
    5. One toxic tie I need to break (anything holding you back)! Fear of success, that once I get there, I won't be able to keep it up.
    6. One person I’m going to spend more time with. My husband.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Promised some fitness tips this week, so I've been collecting some great articles.

https://www.bustle.com/wellness/fitness-trends-2022-low-impact-workouts-interactive-strength-training

Hope you find it interesting as I did...
    Jessica
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY, Jan 2nd

1. One habit I’m going to build. Doing strength exercises as well as cardio
    2. One bad habit I’m going to break. Eating just because it’s there
    3. One person I’m going to forgive. Myself for letting 2021 diet plan die
    4. One person I’m going to befriend or reconnect with. Needs some more thought
    5. One toxic tie I need to break (anything holding you back)! Sweeties, except they're my stress buster go to
    6. One person I’m going to spend more time with. Mum. Quality time not just meals
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1. One habit I’m going to build. -- Read everyday
    2. One bad habit I’m going to break. -- Watching criminal/murders movies
    3. One person I’m going to forgive. -- Myself
    4. One person I’m going to befriend or reconnect with. -- Myself
    5. One toxic tie I need to break (anything holding you back)! -- bad thoughts
    6. One person I’m going to spend more time with. -- My brother
  • sweetlady9783
    sweetlady9783 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY, Jan 2nd

Cooking dinner every night

Buying take-out

Myself

Not sure. I tried reconnecting with my childhood bestfriend, but we still don't talk much. I would like to reconnect with my cousin, but everyone seems to be too busy so we will see :)

I am always trying to get through the anxiety and depression that I deal with everyday, so I am hoping that this year I am able to really break through the mental stuff.

My youngest brother has been home for winter break and we watched every Marvel movie together. He is leaving tomorrow and spending this time with him made me realize how much I do miss him and I am going to try to make a better effort going to visit him more.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    ecuodemvco0l.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    ecuodemvco0l.jpg

1) Drink more water
    2)Chocolate
    3)Myself when I eat chocolate 😜
    4)My friend Bernie
    5)Saboteurs not supporting me
    6) My great nieces & nephews
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ecuodemvco0l.jpg

I love this challenge!!!

1) Drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning (bonus point to make it the night before in my special cup and putting it in the fridge so it is nice and cold)
    2) Forgetting to brush my teeth and wash my face every night
    3) An ex-friend who ghosted me after being close friends for 2 1/2 years.
    4) N and M, 2 friends who have been very good to me in my food addiction recovery
    5) Getting overwhelmed and not doing anything when there is a large task- some progress is better than none!!!
    6) Syd, my work friend (but actually meet up outside of work too)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY, Jan 2nd

1. One habit I’m going to build: stick with a strength training program
    2. One bad habit I’m going to break: playing solitaire on my phone as a stress reliever that goes on too long...
    3. One person I’m going to forgive: my taller half - I blame everything on him!
    4. One person I’m going to befriend or reconnect with: I'm going to have to work on that one. Not sure.
    5. One toxic tie I need to break (anything holding you back): silence.
    6. One person I’m going to spend more time with: well, 2, my two closest friends Marie and Anne. I have not been a great friend lately.
  • sequimtrim
    sequimtrim Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    7. One way I’m going to strengthen my personal relationship.

Go outside in the garden more (where my spouse is).
    8. One thing I’m going to create.

A new business in Mexico
    9. One negative belief I’m going to drop.

I'm always hungry
    10. One positive belief I’m going to reinforce.

I have tremendous willpower
    11. One unhealthy food I’m going to stop eating.

Sourdough bread
    12. One healthy food I’m going to start eating.
    Protein drinks (orgain)
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    SUNDAY, January 2nd

I would like to send one card or letter to family members and friends each week. I’d also like to read more just before bedtime. I’ll start be sending birthday cards to each of my nieces and nephews.

I want to break my habit of procrastinating when it comes to completing business paperwork. This year, I’m going to keep better track of my business records - and calculate the hours I work, immediately after each task is complete - so I can bill my clients right away and get paid on time.

I’m going to forgive a former colleague I reached out to about doing some joint work on a state contract, rather than compete with one another for the bid. I don’t mind if she didn’t want to work together but she never responded to me. I supported her when her son died, taught her some skills I had learned over many years of practice, and introduced her to the state staff because I knew she had some good knowledge and skills to contribute to my work there. I thought our collegial friendship and complementary skills would benefit the children, families and practitioners in the state. It was disappointing when she didn’t respond to me but I’m moving on and I’ll be cordial and welcoming if our paths cross again. I wish her well and hope the state work is successful.

I’m going to reconnect with my college roommate by visiting her family this year and spending some quality time together now that our children are grown and becoming more independent.

This is a tough one. I’ll have to think about it some more. We have a toxic neighbor on one side who became the focus of a newspaper article because of the hurtful things he has done. I feel as though his behavior is due to mental health issues related to obsessive compulsive disorder, etc. so I have some compassion for him. However, his actions make my husband terribly angry, which affects me more deeply on a day-to-day basis. Some days, I think I should move to distance myself from both of them! For now, I concentrate on making sure I don’t let other people’s emotions bother me. I just try to let them pass through but, one of our sons is really struggling because of my husband’s negative emotions. I’m learning a lot about myself as I listen to my son. Something needs to change! I hope I can find a way through it while supporting those I love. If I’m forced to choose, I choose my son and I also want to be sensitive to the needs of our other son. It’s going to be tough to think through some decisions carefully but also act decisively and with urgency, when necessary. Please wish me well!!

My mother is aging and my sister - who is a nurse - and her husband - who is a doctor - have been providing the bulk of her care. My mother is fiercely independent so it’s not always easy for her to accept help but I’m going to spend more time in Boston so I can be there for all of them more naturally as things come up. I’m going to oversee some home repairs, and I’ll be able to shop and shovel snow, if I plan some longer visits from my home in Virginia.

We also have a great-aunt who lives in the same block as my mother. She’s in good health but she can use some support during the winter months, too. With the spike in COVID hospitalizations, and my brother-in-law worried about his own mother’s declining health (living farther away in Lebanon), I want to pick up some responsibilities. Maybe I can set up regular grocery deliveries, landscaping services and cleaning, if my mother will agree. We’ll see —
  • Jtchowski2
    Jtchowski2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Exercise everyday of some sort. The Big one is go for walks and not be nervous of falling. Eat breakfast!

Drink soda, no more! Water only. No sugar drinks.

Cousin Tina, she hurt me this year.

Lorena we see other once a yr probably and we say everytime that we need to get together and we never do. The time dont work. Also Tif. The thing is we moved so Im looking for gf to do things with and just connect and talk.

Fear of failure

Daughter I hope, I miss her she is teen and has boyfriend but she has no time for me.
  • shawetan
    shawetan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Follow my strength training and cardio plan and stay consistent.
    During my morning ritual when I drink water, I won’t keep my phone with me instead I will read some book or listen to music while drinking water or if my son is up then I will spend time with him instead of browsing on my phone.
    Myself
    My old friend who lives close by my home.
    5. One toxic tie I need to break (anything holding you back)
    don’t know, have to think about it
    6. One person I’m going to spend more time with. My son and husband
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY, Jan 2nd

1. One habit I’m going to build: eat an apple a day
    2. One bad habit I’m going to break: snacking on sweets
    3. One person I’m going to forgive: oh my! there's quite a selection to choose from - I'll work hard on forgiving... maybe ... my aunt.
    4. One person I’m going to befriend or reconnect with: my early 20s friend
    5. One toxic tie I need to break (anything holding you back)!: belief that I'm not good enough and do not deserve it
    6. One person I’m going to spend more time with: my neighbor

MONDAY, Jan 3rd

7. One way I’m going to strengthen my personal relationship: n/a
    8. One thing I’m going to create: knitted white cardigan (I've been planning to make for over a decade)
    9. One negative belief I’m going to drop: "I'm fat and ugly."
    10. One positive belief I’m going to reinforce: "I am strong."
    11. One unhealthy food I’m going to stop eating: chocolate
    12. One healthy food I’m going to start eating: apples
This discussion has been closed.