Not Eating Enough?

Options
sewfast
sewfast Posts: 65 Member
Good morning!
Last night as I was closing out my food diary for the day, I got a warning that I had not consumed enough calories for the day. I hadn't tried to undercut my daily calorie allowance and didnt feel hungry or deprived, but I do understand the health risks and consequences. I wonder if anyone else has encountered this, and if so, what strategies did you use to make sure you consumed the recommended calories. *Full disclosure...when I mentioned my dilemma to my husband, he said "Great, let's have a bowl of ice cream for dessert!" 😁 I did have a small dish of ice cream, which brought me up in the "safe zone", but I was still under the calories for the day.

Replies

• s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,397 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's any need to worry about that unless it becomes a trend, or you have a medical condition like diabetes (in that case you should be following your doctor's guidelines).

Some days I'm over, some way under, but on average I'm good from week to week. Once you've gotten out of the habit of craving too much all the time, your body should be telling you when to eat. Regular exercise helps your body stay in tune with its needs.

I continue to use MFP regularly to keep things reasonable for those times when cravings reassert themselves, which does happen from time to time. Part of my body does want to go back to being overweight. :#
  • Luannelizabeth
    Luannelizabeth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    s1im62 wrote: »
    I don't think there's any need to worry about that unless it becomes a trend, or you have a medical condition like diabetes (in that case you should be following your doctor's guidelines). :#

I agree. I've gotten that message on the days when I'm too much under my calorie goal. It happens every so often, but it's not a trend so I don't worry about it. Eating too little has NEVER been my problem! LOL!