Walkin It Off

Options
bfmorrill
bfmorrill Posts: 13 Member
Dang wish I could remember the old intro,,, something about parking at the far end of parking lots. Time to remember that instead of gizmos and gadgets, getting outside or onto a treadmill and walk is a bonus on our journeys. Post your questions, comments, routes and other "stuff" as we walk it off.

1.5 mile recovery walk today after yesterday's walk along the coast

Replies

• misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,307 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,142 Member
    Options
    I wish I could walk like I used to. As my spine moves more into a scoliosis, I can't, even with insole with lifts, walk any "real" distance without pain.
    I do use my "gizmo" to count what steps I do take, usually between 4500 and 8000 per day, and to prod me to walk 250 steps per hour, for 12 consecutive hours.
    That, with stretching, leg, balance exercises, and some light dumbbell lifting, has helped me to lose weight and get fit.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,998 Member
    Options
    I’ll admit I’ve moved from walking as my primary exercise to using the Nordic Trac. I can get a more intense workout in a shorted period of time, and I’ve never slipped on the ice while Nordic Traccing.

I do walk for exercise when I’m traveling. 😊
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 6,011 Member
    Options
    Trying to walk more since cardiac procedure currently doing 5 - 8K per day. For most of last year it was in the 3 - 4 range. I was once a 12K a day guy, I would like to get back to that