Jan 19 - 25

Options
Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
LW 223.2
TW 220.2
Avg 225.6
AVG 221.0

Again, still not eating much. Coughing, working sleeping. I am averaging one can of progresso soup (1/2 at lunch and maybe 1/2 at dinner), one orange, 2-4 slices of toast (2am and sometimes 2pm), some jello and/or applesauce. Lots of cough syrup and 6 tylenol and 2 tylenol pm. I'm upstairs by 730 and asleep by 9. I also take the coedine cough syrup to sleep.

Hubby slid backwards. He was coughing so much it was making him nauseous. So he's on anti nausea stuff, antibiotics, rx cough tablets (not working well) and pedialyte for dehydration. He was doing so well for a couple of days and then BAM. So I'm taking it easy to ensure I don't relapse.

We still have Christmas decorations up - tree, garland knick knacks. Now, we don't take them down until after Little Christmas on Jan 6 but yeah, we would have had that done this past weekend.

Kelly, I think you're right that everyone is probably going to end up catching it at some point...but do whatever you can to delay the experience. It's been rough. Thankful for my desk job or I'd be going bonkers by now. Obviously hubby can't go in to work. And he's driving me bonkers because he's so miserable. And, similar to Sheesh's daughter - MIL is still ok. Keeping separate has helped tremendously. And hubby wears a mask when she comes down. I heard our office was hit with illness in general, not just covid, and is somewhat of a ghost town. Only a few people are working in the office. And we're hiring people and I'm one of the intro touch points. So I've had to reschedule my intro until week after next. Fortunately, the ones onboarding now are field guys and I don't do too much with them. I hope you get to sleep better soon. Diesel's snoring was probably your white noise. I still miss our dogs and they've been gone for a while now.

Ok Ladies, I have to get to work now. Thought I'd jump on before my brain got fried.

Have a great day.

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    LW: 124.6
    TW: 124.2

Oh good . . a reduction. I've had a good week so far . . getting in workouts and all the holiday food is out of the house, so eating well. Made chicken Monday, and a roast yesterday with lots of veggies and no starches. Tonight, I plan to have fish tacos made with hubby's halibut and DIL's yummy recipe of a spicy yogurt sauce for them. I finally just finished making up all the beds again, and the house is back in order from the holidays. The only down side is that my trainer didn't come on Monday, and tomorrow is in question. Her kids are at home because of this Covid mess. The state is out of control, with our state being the 4th highest in cases per 100K people, and is running out of tests. The governor says "if you're sick, assume it's Covid and just isolate". Wow. The economy is going to suffer.

Lois, gosh, I'm so sorry about you and hubby. Thankfully this variant isn't as deadly as Delta. I'm praying you all get well quickly and that MIL doesn't get it. Take care . . especially of your cough. <3 My daughter and baby are still negative and feeling good. She sent a video of her and baby this morning, and they look great. Her in-laws brought a casserole and parmesan trout for them, so between us and her in-laws they are well fed and have a few test kits. Unfortunately her hubby tested positive still this morning . . so he is staying in the basement even though he feels better. He's determined to not spread it to family, especially since baby can't get vaccinated. He must feel better though because he cleaned the entire basement and set up an office, workout area, rugs, a bed, and organized storage. And he's working from home down there on his laptop. LOL! Something good comes from it.

Kelly, I hope you can get caught up on your sleep. It's hard to function when not rested. I'm sure the work stress doesn't help. I'm so glad you can work from home and don't have to get exposed to Covid. Hang in there . .

Sarah, I'm wondering how the storm affected you. Hope you're still getting out for your walks with your buddy, and that you and hubby are well. I'm also wondering why they haven't called you back to work. Lord knows they must need you right now. I wish I had more info on getting a 4th shot. I really think the booster was important, and I'm about 5 months out from mine. No info is out there yet, other than Israel is giving it.

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    LW: 130.2
    TW: 130.4

Bummer! Monday, I weighed 128.6, yesterday 129.2, and now on weigh-in day, I'm back in 130s. I think it's partly that I want to snack more when I'm inside so much, and it's partly the dinner hubby cooked last night. He is normally a great cook, but he way overdid it last night with both soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. I swear sometimes that that man cannot taste salt. At first, I was not going to say anything since it's so nice to come in from walking and have dinner ready. But I finally did because that's not healthy for either of us.

Lois, I am so sorry that you are feeling so terrible and that so many of your family and friends are also sick. I hope everyone is well soon with no long-term effects. Like Sheesh, I'm relieved to hear that your MIL is okay. Sometimes I wonder if some people had asymptomatic Covid and thus have some degree of immunity.

And Sheesh I am so happy to hear that your SIL is recovering and that your daughter and the little one are fine. I know that you've been very worried about them.

And I am also surprised that I have not been called back to work on the response team, but then I haven't heard of any part-timers who have. I also wonder about my team lead. There's a story there that I may have told you gals about, but I'll do it again when I get a few more minutes here at the laptop. For now, I need to run, but I wanted to log my weight before the day was over.

I'm so glad that everyone has posted in the past few days. Kelly, I'm dealing with sleep issues, too. I can go to sleep but can't stay asleep. I think we all are under more stress than we realize sometimes. But better times are coming, my friends. I have to believe that.
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Sheesh - Our province is doing 4th shots but only for “moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals.” They say that includes people receiving active chemotherapy or immunotherapy for cancer and anyone who has received a solid organ transplant and is currently receiving chemotherapy or other immunosuppressive therapy. Our numbers are okay in our province for vaccinations, but definitely better than other provinces and most of your states. We currently have 85.1% of people eligible having 1 doses, 78.3% with 2 doses and 36.5% with 3 doses. It's the booster that people are taking a long time to get, although most people wouldn't even be eligible until close to now due to the 6 month wait time in between.

We know so many people who have tested positive including my Brother who just tested positive on 2 rapid tests yesterday. He said he had a "tickle in his throat and some minor sinus issues" so he tested to be sure. He's an RCMP officer and had access to unlimited tests. His wife, also had COVID 2 weeks ago, but is back to normal. Although their 2 kids tested negative on rapids tests, they're pretty sure they had it. Both of Shawn's Sisters and their family's had it too. Luckily with all of these, no one was terribly sick.

Unfortunately, COVID also has taken a hold of my Brother's mental health too. He has been struggling for quite a while, but has made the decision to end his marriage. They have been together for 21 years (since he was 16 years old) and have basically just changed so much that he can't do it anymore. He's just not happy. It's such an extremely difficult life decision, with 2 young kids and a wife who doesn't want to end things. Unfortunately, when you're not happy and can't see a light at the end of the tunnel to the point where it's affecting your mental health, then you have to do something about it to make it better. I feel so bad for him for what he's going through mentally, but I feel really bad for her too. My heart breaks for them.

We're back into the deep freeze again today! -35F with the wind this morning BRRRRRRR When we drive, our tires feel like square blocks. Do any of you live in a place where you need to plug in your vehicle, in order for it to start? lol We have sooo much snow this year and more coming tomorrow. The winds are supposed to pick up again tonight too. All I keep saying to myself is "We don't have hurricanes.. we don't have typhoons.. we don't have killer bees..." lol
  • GaGasheesh
    Options
    Kelly, thanks for the info on how your Province is rolling out the 4th shot.. my son sent me some data that shows it hasn't helped much in Israel with preventing Omicron anyway. So, we'll just hang in here with our booster and be careful. All we can do. It's hard for me to accept when things are out of my control, lol!

Your brother's state of mind is very sad. I think all marriages go through rough spots, but some marriages should end. Both of my SIL's were married before . . one with a child and the other had no children in that marriage. But, I have to say there is little doubt all the parties are better off now. It's hard, but with support, they can come through it and be happier.

My goodness, I can't believe how cold it is where you are. When I was in college, it was so cold with the wind chill on campus . . the professors were checking students for frost bite in all classes. My car totally froze . . radiator water and battery acid! It was unbelievably cold. But, maybe it's because of me growing up here, but I prefer the cold to the heat. But, maybe not THAT cold, lol. Layer up.

How's everyone doing with new year goals? I know it's hard to think about with Covid roaming about and infecting so many people. But, like I said, I like to (more like NEED to) focus more on something I can control. I can report that I would grade myself a B with exercise, a C with intake, and a D with my other resolutions not having to do with fitness or weight. My goal for the rest of the month is to focus more on intake and drinking enough water. Keeping up the schedule I have for exercise (I might add to it later), and at least starting one project on my other resolutions.
  • SarahMaxx
    Options
    Sheesh, I can so relate to what you said about control and also about your preference for cold versus heat. I just said this morning that despite the fact that we woke up to temps in the single digits, I'd rather deal with this than hot, humid July weather here on the east coast. People refer to DC as a swamp for more than one reason. LOL Of course, I am NOT looking forward to our power bill next month. I think our house was built during a building boom in the 70s and lots of corners were cut--one being adequate insulation. We've added more to the attic and have insulated the ceiling of the garage, but we haven't addressed inside the walls. So Pepco (our power company) can just keep me on their birthday card list!

My steps are doing okay and I'm still doing some arm exercises without weights, but my intake has not been good and my burn is still not up to 1800/day. Today, I've been hungry all day. I just said to hubby that I wonder if I'm getting enough protein. I think our needs change with the weather and the amount of stress we're under.

I said I'd remind you about the issue with my team lead that might affect my call back and it's hard to put it into words. She was always very nice and complimentary about my work, but in my last few weeks there was a change that I find hard to describe. I learned later that her father had recently died and she did not mention it to me or the other person doing the work I was doing. Perhaps that was part of it, but a few weeks before my contract ended she insisted that she had given me and my coworker information that we did not have, and when I asked for it, her reply was not pleasant. So I called her on it. I did it in a nice way, but I let her know that we did not have the info and that they way she responded wasn't acceptable. After that, things seemed okay, but I wonder. I've recently received a nice, long text from her wishing me a happy new year and asking how my nose and face are doing, but honestly, I have an odd feeling about her.

Well, I have to run. I have 10 minutes to get to the mall to walk!
  • GaGasheesh
    Options
    I'm glad you're still able to use the mall for your walks, Sarah, and good job keeping that going, as well as your arm exercises. I'm curious what your arm exercises are. By the way, I looked back through my Apple Watch fitness, and over the last week I surpassed 1800 calorie burn only twice . . the day I did a HIIT workout and a walk, and the day I did an hour of weight lifting and cardio. So, it takes a lot at our age and body size to get that kind of burn on a daily basis. I realized (again) how important it is to keep intake under control. It's dang hard to reduce body fat, no doubt about it. I also think it isn't just about calories, but what those calories come from, as I'm sure you know. For me, the key seems to be sugars and starches. Those raise insulin the most, and insulin is the hormone that stores fat, and as long as it's circulating in the blood, it also locks fat in the cell so it can't be used for energy.

I do remember the story about your team lead. Sometimes I think certain people just can't tolerate being "wrong" about anything. Could that be the case ? It either stems from deep insecurity or extreme narcissism. They especially can't stand being shown to be wrong in the presence of others. I'm guessing about this, but I've known people like that. But, it's really too bad because they need all the competent, trained people they can get at this time, it seems to me.

Lois, I hope you and hubby are feeling better. I've been thinking about you and sending you healing thoughts. Covid is such a bummer. I can't wait for herd immunity to happen! My SIL finally tested negative and is out of the basement, but is wearing an n-95 mask when on the same floor as daughter and baby. (They remain healthy, thank goodness) He still sounds congested when I hear him talk, but he's feeling so much better. It took a long time though.

Kelly, I hope you're getting some sleep and staying warm and healthy. Living where we live with so many cold days, do you feel like we get enough exposure to the sun? I don't think I do, and I think it's important for the rhythms our body needs to get a good night's sleep. I've thought about getting some kind of lamp, or just forcing myself to go out even on cold days.

• Lastchancelj
    Options
    Good Monday morning ladies.

Hubby and I spent the weekend relaxing and I got SOME chores done. Not enough but what was necessary (Bending down to fill Brava to clean the floors for one). Small loads of laundry. I did make some butternut squash soup yesterday and then we ordered Tomato soup from Panera. It was tasty. Neither of us are really ready for real food (though I've been having some bacon in the morning with my Clear Premier Protein shake). The positive side is I haven't jumped back up too much in weight. I'm sure that will change once we start to eat again.

We're both still coughing quite a bit and tired. The fatigue is crazy. We did our new test this morning and both are negative. Still not quite myself, tired and coughing but at least not covid positive anymore. I am amazed at how fatigued I was just doing the small tasks like stripping the bed, a few hours later after resting remaking my bed and the small loads of laundry. Since I've been living in my pajama tops (the only light weight long sleeve shirts I have and only have three sets) I have to do laundry every few days. I rarely wear long sleeves. If I do, it's usually a sweat jacket that comes off often.

Hubby is gearing up for his next rank stuff so he's asking lots of questions about hiking my mountain. He doesn't enjoy hiking, but hiking is part of his next advancement. He has one in March and another in June I think so he needs to get his butt out there. I'm not sure if I'll join him out there or not.

The biggest challenge of recovery is that we did not pay attention to my MIL that first week and a half. We have no idea how often she came down to eat or anything. I had made food before getting ill that Monday so there was food to eat. I didn't pay attention when it came to trash day the following week how much I threw away. Hubby thinks it was every other day and now she's really struggling and fighting us to come downstairs to eat and move around. I hate this part of her living with us. I literally have to yell at her to get up. I told her that I don't have the energy to fight her. If she doesn't move around and eat she's going to end up in a wheelchair, the hospital or die. Yep. I got angry and frustrated. I even said I was going to call 911 and she'd have to go to a hospital or a facility a while. With the trip to California and then us sick a week later, she has lost so much strength from not walking (and not eating). I'm worried about her. I want to now hire someone to come in a few days a week. But I'm not even up to doing that.

• SarahMaxx
    Options
    Lois, I'm so glad you're feeling better and finally testing negative. I think that hiring someone to help with your MIL would be a good idea. Caregiving for an elderly person can just sap all your mental, emotional, and physical strength. I don't know what we would have done if my Mom had not had her caregiver coming every day toward the end of her life. It depleted her bank account but her savings thankfully lasted until the day before she died. Literally, the day before--although she did not know that. Think about what is best for everyone and hopefully something good will come along so that everyone fares better. For us, it was a friend of one of Mom's friends who was stressed out from doing CNA work at a hospital and jumped at a chance to help with Mom.
  • SarahMaxx
    Options
    Here's a question for those who have a high arch and a neutral gait. Which shoes have worked better for you, Brooks or Hokas? I've been buying Brooks every couple of years for more than 20 years and I'm wondering once again if I should try something else. Having no problem with the Brooks Ghosts, I just k now how I get stuck on something and avoid change. Any other type I should entertain for fast walking on hard floors?
  • Lastchancelj
    Options
    Thanks Sarah. She's really just thrown in the towel and hubby and I are at wits end. We have a plan in motion to get her downstairs this weekend (we need to pack up the Christmas tree and village first). my son is coming up on Sunday to help us get the bed out of storage and put the Christmas stuff in there. Once that's done we will need to move the stuff in our overstuffed Den to the garage (it's just a big catch all and my "Milton from Office Space" office in the basement..haha). Once we move this crap out then we can move her into the den next weekend. Son will come back up next weekend to help move her furniture and stuff down. Then I will relocate my office again to her room. I'll start in Rhea's room but Rhea won't like it if my desk is in her room...lol. The following weekend we're going to have Rhea for the weekend as her parents go to Vegas for a friends wedding. We're going to be exhausted. THEN I'm going to need a vacation to recover...haha. The den is hubby's domain (other than my desk space), so we've been waiting on him to clear this crud out. If I move anything in there - whew there will be a battle that I don't want to have. I don't think our marriage will survive it. lol.

MIL has the funds to hire someone. I just need to get on it and get it scheduled.

Now shoes. I have a high arch and I believe a neutral gate. I didn't care for the ghosts - Idon't know why but they're not as comfy. I prefer Brooks Adrenaline GTS or the Launch. I love my Hokas for walking or attending functions. It helps relieve the knees and low back pressure. However, they are too cushy for me to do faster walking, more quick stroll, but not power walking or running. Trail shoes I prefer Saucony Peregrine, though it's been about 4 years since I bought my last pair since I haven't been on the trails. Those are my my preferences.