Turning 40 in June 😱

Elsbeth2021
Elsbeth2021 Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2022 in Social Groups
Hi guys / gals so I am new to MyFitnessPal pretty much, I downloaded it in November and I only just recently started using it a few days ago
Most of the time I have just been tracking steps and doing challenges on my Fitbit but there's a whole new community of people here on MyFitnessPal I have not met that might have tips tricks and motivation for me that I'm not taking advantage of.
I'm a grandmother already to five little ones, I definitely want to not lose myself to bad health and miss out on being able to keep up with them!
I weigh 241 lb right now.
Iwas sick in May and was put on steroids and I gained 20 pounds of this weight while on those meds.
At the short height of only 5 ft 2 in I definitely want to lose at least 80 lb..
This is a pretty big goal but I am hoping to hit it by at least this time next year.
I am currently doing keto and I would love to add some friends on here.
I'm not really sure how to add people since I am using my mobile device and the MyFitnessPal app is not as user friendly with mobile devices as Fitbit or Facebook etc so be patient with me...
Anyways this was a pretty long introduction!
I always have a habit of writing a whole lot, but if anybody wants to add me so that I can at least try to build up a few friends or contacts for motivation on here or challenges if that's a thing here?
Then that would be awesome!

Replies

• ONUnicorn
    ONUnicorn Posts: 45 Member
    Hi Elsbeth! I sent you a friend request.

I'm 42, no kids, but have been considering ART. I'm always amazed when people my age have grandkids. It must be awesome for you.

When I was 30 I worked hard to lose about 50 pounds, then decided to go to law school at night while working full time and the eating and exercise habits that had helped me lose the weight were, shall we say, no longer practical. My mom passed away right before I took the bar exam, and there was a period of depression, and several job/lifestyle changes, the most recent of which is working from home due to COVID, and with every change I gained weight, until I'm now 40 pounds heavier than I was at 30. I've lost about 10 pounds in the last 3 months, and am trying to figure out how to adapt healthier habits to my current lifestyle - before it changes again.

The MyFitnessPal app is a bit of a learning curve. My biggest problem with the app is actually with trying to post on the discussion forums. I need to remember to click "Post Reply" or "Post Discussion" (at the bottom, under the keyboard) rather than "Done" (at the top left, where it's very visible). But I think you've figured that out already!

I don't do keto, or any particular "diet", so don't look to me for advice re:keto. But for general support and not feeling alone in this journey of life, we can be there for eachother.
  • Sparticus_2022
    Sparticus_2022 Posts: 23 Member
    Glad to have ya… add me if you want, always looking for new friends and motivation