Let’s say Hi!

Options
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for joining this group. Hopefully we can support each other as we work toward better health and happiness.
My name is Anita, and I am 58 years old. I have struggled with my weight since my 20’s, but really started to pack on pounds after veterinary school at my first job, which was very stressful.
I finally considered bariatric surgery this year after so many attempts to lose weight on my own, but alas, I was denied by my insurance company. I have decided to just work toward better health, by moving my body and by trying to stick to around 1500 calories a day. I am not doing any special diet. Well I am trying to get enough protein and less carbs, which can be difficult. I am going to try not to be obsessed with the scale, and worry more about trying to move every day and stick to my calorie budget. I am anxious to hear from everyone and share your journeys.

Replies

• awesomesue
    awesomesue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello

Live that you created this group. I am 54 and have 105 to drop. Swimming up stream against a few health challenges but that only means I need to work a bit harder. Meh no big deal (prediabetic, RA, Hashimotos thyroiditis, and so on...)....just what I get to work with.

I want to get back to strength training. Years ago I did a half marathon. Though it was fun at the time I want to get back to bike commuting to work. Did before pandemic however lost much fitness and moved further from work. These are my bigger goals.

Sort of a midpoint is doing more stairs. I used to be able to do stairs between all the labs and department office. That was anywhere from 18 to 36 a floors a day! So I am doing what I can and take the elevator when I am done/tired. Stairs are hard but I know they will get easier, again.

Immediate goal/action plan for the next couple weeks is to stay in my calories and get 10k steps.