Need encouragement...post your progress please!

Options
Hey All!

I am new to lifting and am looking for some friends and supporters to go on this journey with me. Also l am really struggling with getting into this (I think it is because it is such a long program I am a bit scared to make the full on commitment). If I could see some progress pictures or hear of your results that would be very encouraging for me just to see that it is worth it. I know it is worth it just need a little push today. Thanks!

Replies

• nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm just starting the lifting part tonight. Excited and nervous and would love to see some pics too!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I don't have my "after" pictures yet, but the mirror is giving me amazing results! I have three workouts left in Stage 3 and I am blown away by the changes I see already. I will be back in 3-4 months with pictures.

Oh, and my boyfriend can't quit with the compliments (or the booty grabbing)! He loves it! :bigsmile:
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    More boyfriend bootgrabbing is not a bad thing! Thanks!
  • pikminprincess
    pikminprincess Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies...that is great! Glad you have had good results. Would be great if anybody else could post some pics or talk about their results. Looking for some friends to hold me accountable as well!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I can't really post anything at work right now, but feel free to look through my pictures. The first two being the most recent. I've been doing Strong Lifts now for maybe 1.5 months. I'm hoping that 6 months in I will look somewhat awesome...at least....kinda...lol :)
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Don’t think of it as a long program. It is not something that should have a “finish” line. Make it your lifestyle. Setting realistic goals will keep you motivated. Track your progress. Hold yourself accountable. ….and buy yourself some cute gym clothes ;) that always motivates me! Starting something new is always scary but you have it in you to do it.

You are worth it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I lost 14lbs, 10% BF, and many inches doing NROL4W. I am currently doing NROL Supercharged. It takes time to see results with weightlifting, but over time your body will change in ways you didn't know were possible.
    My one year results:
    d3572297-3688-4b37-824e-9b718b955e11_zps0d404efd.jpg
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options

I suspect he's just disoriented because my booty no longer is where it was. :wink: Seriously, after three months of this program I can't pass the "pencil test." That's where you take a pencil and tuck it between the bottom of your booty and the top of your thigh. Squeeze and try to hold it there. I tried no less than a dozen times this weekend. Could. Not. Do. It. :bigsmile:
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    I lost 14lbs, 10% BF, and many inches doing NROL4W. I am currently doing NROL Supercharged. It takes time to see results with weightlifting, but over time your body will change in ways you didn't know were possible.
    My one year results:
    d3572297-3688-4b37-824e-9b718b955e11_zps0d404efd.jpg

That's amazing! Excellent work, cowgirl!
  • BreMurie
    BreMurie Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I suspect he's just disoriented because my booty no longer is where it was. :wink: Seriously, after three months of this program I can't pass the "pencil test." That's where you take a pencil and tuck it between the bottom of your booty and the top of your thigh. Squeeze and try to hold it there. I tried no less than a dozen times this weekend. Could. Not. Do. It. :bigsmile:

I don't have 'after' pictures yet either, I'm almost through stage one and my booty is the FIRST thing I noticed improving. My boyfriend is a total booty guy so It's the one part of my body I wanted to go after, and all of the squats and lunges are paying off. .. i swear it's lifted a bunch!

Another thing I've noticed is that the cellulite on the back of my thighs is fading... YAYYY!
  • pikminprincess
    pikminprincess Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    fantastic results @tessa175 and @chubbycowgirl!! Really gives me some encouragement to keep going! Yesterday was day 4 hitting the weights for me (albeit my workouts were a bit more spread out than I would have hoped). I know that if I just keep pressing on I will get great results. I am just so used to cardio...but that clearly isn't working anymore. I will keep on pressing on!!
  • sarah2002
    sarah2002 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When I was working through the program last year, I started to see amazing results around stage 4. Like my cottage cheese thighs and buns disappeared completely. My arms also started to look sculpted and my belly was almost completely flat. That was probably the first time in my life that I had actually been happy with my body. I also felt really strong and had tons of energy. If you stick with it, I think you will be really happy!
  • jmartis21
    jmartis21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm starting out the program tonight! I did a run through yesterday and was a little discouraged but I'll push through. I've always been a weakling, so I'm excited to see gains in my strength!