Introductions!

Options
13»

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @koeitjiesa Elsa, oh no! I'm so terribly sorry to hear of your fall and broken nose!! But I do agree with @BMcC9 in that I hope you'll try to continue to check in and report whatever you are able - please don't worry about pass days. At the end of the day we're all here to work on building healthy "habits" that will enable us to change our lives over time. Do what you can - we certainly understand. {{HUGS}} <3
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    @koeitjiesa, so sorry to hear about your accident. But you don’t have to give up on the UAC.

The beauty of the challenge is that you can decide what you can do. “Exercise” can be quite simple – chair exercises, just a few minutes at a time, walking just to the end of the drive, even active stretching can count. Break the 20 minutes into 5 minute sections.

And as @BMcC9 says – you can still be a champion!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Options
    @koeitjiesa as @lesdarts180 points out .... sitting and intentionally working on wrist-shoulder flexibility can count ... for our purposes it doesn't HAVE to be heavy-duty calorie-burning so long as it is intentional. Then as you heal, gradually phase back in more of whatever you would normally be doing.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I'm joining this late, so February will be a 'soft launch' for me. I was part of this group back in 2020 and found it worked well, but then a string of personal challenges wreaked havoc with my mental health and I couldn't keep up. I'm now in a much better place, and getting my weight and health in order feels like the last pieces of the puzzle. In total I would like to lose about 18kg but the first goal is 10 which will bring me out of 'overweight'. More importantly though, I want to get my fitness back - two years of home working has really made my fitness levels plummet!
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone throughout the challenge. :smile:

Welcome @josefinejem !! It's never too late to get started, right?! ;) We're so very glad you're back!