February 17

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    TODAY'S TOPIC:

What if all possibilities were possible?

What are your possibilities? Can you think of new ones?

IDEA ---> PROCESS ---> GOAL

Is there something you'd like to do you haven't done yet, large or small, that might improve your life?
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    17/02/2022
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    • DAY 15 of EPIC I | TABATA STYLE HIIT 30 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Pass days: All used
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on vacation all month and have tried to keep up on posts. I know this is back tracking but WOW @MadisonMolly2017 on your 2/12 post about habits. I’m still absorbing it, thinking about it while I hike and bike. I know many others have mentioned the Atomic Habits book and although I’ve said I was going to buy it, I never have. I am going to check out the MFP group you mentioned.

This is exactly why the UAC is so valuable. I did join another group in January just because I thought a little change up might get my weight loss moving again. It’s a very nice group, I’m enjoying it, but I’m not learning much. This group gets me thinking, inspires change, and helps create lifelong change.

So thank you to everyone who contributes, who encourages, who posts their ups and downs. I think we’re a great team.

Thank you @biketheworld !
    I do try to help others have an easier path.
    ❤️
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Exercise 60
    Tracking complete
    Calories under
    Pass days left 3
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Feb 17
    Exercise: Yes - Epic- program 1 day 6
    Tracked : Yes
    Calories : Yes
    (0 pass days used)
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 55 minutes Peloton bike, and 10 minutes stretching.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    February 17, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (15 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (14 days)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    I have the good fortune to be a naturally positive person. However, I have had many downs along the way.

After many years of reflection and self development, I have reached a state of relative equilibrium. I am positively working on developing habits which support my quest to improve my health and fitness.

We cannot control events. However, we can control how we react to them.

Current Life Beliefs:
    💎 Waking up each morning is better than the alternative. It is a daily gift for which I give heartfelt thanks.
    💎 Thoughts shape our actions. Be mindful of how you frame them. I choose to acknowledge negative thoughts, then endeavour to reframe them positively to support my aspirations.
    💎 Celebrate your achievements.
    💎 Habits need practice. Make small changes, one at a time.

This was what I did at the start of my journey in Jan 2015, at the age of almost 69. My primary objectives were to improve my health/fitness, and lose weight prior to essential hip surgery.

1. I tracked my CI/CO. It showed me that although I ate healthy food, my portion control was non existent. I also needed to move more.
    2. My weight had soared, and had impacted my mobility. I started regular short periods of exercise and increased them gradually.
    3. I started weighing/measuring, and decreasing my portions, and looking for healthier options.
    4. I began to make friends with people who were supportive, and encouraging.
    5. I began to join groups on MFP, and increased my support network.
    6. I started recording my vital statistics and weight, which had began to drop. There were many plateaus, but I kept going.
    7. I felt and looked better as time went on.

There have been many bumps along the way, but I am reasonably content with how thing are progressing.

💕💖💕 Terri

Wow O, thank you very much for the inspiration!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,804 Member
    Options
    Love today’s topic!
    ✅✅✅
    Possibilities ❤️❤️❤️ Reach for the moon.
    2 pass days used.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - holy moly you are a hottie! I love how happy you look in all 3 photos, but the improvement in your health is awesome. Good for you and thanks for sharing.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Feb 17:
    ✅✅✅

What if all possibilities were possible?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately...... In September this year, I will retire from my day job (bank job), and am looking forward to being able to do massage on a more "full-time-ish" basis. I'd like to work full days on Thus-Fri-Sats, as I share the room with another therapist and she works on Mon-Tue-Wed. Between now and Sept, I have 4 weeks of vacation time, as well as sick time, and personal time to use before I retire. So I've scheduled to work 1/2 days every other Friday, enabling me to work full days in the chiropractor's office. I say all this because this is something that I've wanted to do for several years now...... and it's finally, very slowly, beginning to come to fruition!!

(I've always wanted a job where I worked 3 days and then had 4 days off!) Lol. In all seriousness, I do "In-Home" massages on Mon-Tue-Wed, but I don't do near as many of those as I'd like! I want to volunteer at our local Heartbeats Pregnancy Center 1 day/week. My DH and I would also like to be able to travel a little more often..... and of course I'd also like to be able to spend more time with my grandchildren and new great grandbabies!! ;)<3