February 7

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this opener Jana and for the article you shared Svetlana @Jana_2020 @Winner_in_Life The article really made me think, and I appreciate that.

I totally agree with you @summerskier and I personally have the same reaction to “discipline”.

I’ve been reading a lot about habits recently and am currently doing the free James Clear 30 Days to Better Habits email course. That shift in thinking is still underway for me, but it has been helpful. Obligation, requirement, “discipline”, mandatory, and other words have a different impact on each of us - and to each their own. If it works for you — go for it! 🌟

For me, my goals and habits are now always set in a positive wording, and they support the identity I want to manifest (rather than using only goals and habits that are performance based). It is really helping me.

What is also helping is these posts in our UAC group, and everyone’s sharing. Even if we don’t always agree — it prompts a thoughtful consideration, and isn’t that exactly what we all need to be doing to ensure we are both on the best path, and that our success is sustainable? Well, it is for me.

Wishing everyone a terrific day today 🥰
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,664 Member
    Options
    2/7
    Exersised-alittle,but not really
    Caleries-yes
    Logged yes
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 50 minutes Peloton bike.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes