DAILY QOTD (Question Of The Day)

Options

Replies

• katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    Do you often feel stressed?
    Unfortunately yeah a lot of the time or frustrated which leads to stress. Can't do as much as I want to do, can't keep going like I used to and feeling it when I push too hard. Then it turns into a circular repeat system...frustrated= stressed, etc. We all too often do it to ourselves..I know I do!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,556 Member
    Options
    QOTD 3/19/22

What is the one thing you do that becomes a time killer? LOL OR more than one thing. Does this affect how you take care of yourself?

Ohhh I call it "going down the rabbit hole!" Now I wait to "go down the rabbit hole" until I'm in bed at night, and have my studying and necessary things.

• katiecondy1
    Options
    What is the one thing you do that becomes a time killer? LOL OR more than one thing. Does this affect how you take care of yourself?
    Getting on the computer...between checking FB, MFP, and mail , then of course my lessons and the jig saw puzzle and the crossword puzzle and now Wordle...hours disappear. I set my alarm to get up once an hour to walk a bit..ya know how easy that is to ignore!!
    I try to do this stuff in the evening when I am done with my day outside..otherwise I don't get out and about doing what I need to out there.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,933 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -thx! Yeah I have some friends with kids who are autistic-one is such a lover of math (and he’s only like 8)-but his mom is such an advocate for him and encouraging his love of math
  • bookieNJ
    edited February 2022
    Options
    QOTD for Thurs 2/17/22

How often do you weigh? Would you say why (NOT required)
    I weigh in twice a week because the challenges I do require it
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    A BIGGIE QOTD for many of us:

Do you often feel stressed?

Yeah basically because of my kids. 17 is a Rough age. She got her license-so some independence but still figuring this out. My 13 yo loves quality time (we share that love language) but and sometimes gets sick of me. Hubby is going in the office 3 Times a week starting March so I will be more of mom’s taxi

• bookieNJ
    Options
    Games on my phone! Wordle and nerdle you only get one turn each day but I have many games. I do limit myself to the morning while everyone is waking up and in the car waiting for my kids
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    LOL Looks like many of us LOVE WORDLE!!!

QOTD For Monday 2/21/22

This week we are adding in 10 more minutes of exercise for our LTGL!!! Is this a struggle for you? Do you get in the extra 10 mins other than walking or being at the gym? If so, how?

It can be quite a challenge for me since my foot is a BRAT!! I did earlier do that though with my peddler ,,, it doesn't hurt so much without the full weight on it.
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    QOTD For Monday 2/21/22

This week we are adding in 10 more minutes of exercise for our LTGL!!! Is this a struggle for you? Do you get in the extra 10 mins other than walking or being at the gym? If so, how?

I was stumped at first as to what could be considered "additional" as I push to do what I can and the last week or so I've been really dragging and struggling to get even 10 minutes of anything some days. I don't have a good pattern to know what is extra because what I can do varies a lot. So I dug out my worship flag which is a large rectangle of silk fabric with the bottom corners rounded and attached to a flexible rod. The rod is moved, waved and worked to the music while the fabric attached to it ripples and twirls. It can be done with arm movements while mostly standing still, or both arms going at the same time with 2 flags, and even turned into dance that keeps the entire body moving. I used to flag 45-60 minutes at least twice a week until covid hit and shut everything down, including my church. During that time my health also took a nose dive and I was diagnosed with arthritis in my hip and back and now walk with a cane. Flagging has become rare. I set the timer and even though pain kicked in, I made it 10 minutes. I thought I might have to break it up into two 5 min. segments. I've missed it. I feel such freedom and joy watching the movement and ripples in my flag which moves in step with my spirit in ways my body can't.

I've found a lot of people aren't familiar with flagging. This is a screenshot from of a poor quality video that picked up a few minutes of my flagging during a church worship service. It will at least give you an idea of the size of the flag. Mine is considered medium. The large ones can be as long as people are tall and take a lot of arm and body movement to control.

5swk8nuvi366.jpg

I started a discussion on my team asking what members are doing for their extra 10 minutes. I'm enjoying reading the varied answers. One posted a link to this 10 minute arm workout. Since it's hard for me to move today, I tried it while sitting at my desk. I had to have rests on all but one of them, so I think it will be a good one for me to continue with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E7cjvOit64
  • katiecondy1
    Options
    Thanks for this..since having Covid, plus being diagnosed with A-Fib I just have not gotten my energy and drive back. This being something I can do while sitting in a chair is just great!!
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,151 Member
    Options
    QOTD 3/19/22 (Diane dove right into the future LOL)

Pre-planning/logging/preparing my food and scrolling mfp trying to keep up with all the discussions and friends posts.
    This IS how I take care of myself!
  • Catwmncat
    Options
    QOTD For Monday 2/21/22

Stretching and it is helping my hip a lot!!
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    I hopefully will tomorrow. No school today so my only exercise was a walk-might throw in strength training too
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    QOTD For Monday 2/21/22

No it is not a struggle since I often do more than the 120 mins. allowed. But for this challenge I am looking up new exercises on U tube that I have not tried before, they have some very good ones bonus they are timed for 10 minutes.
  • katiecondy1
    Options

Picked up a 10 minute yoga video to do each AM..added that to my "do this list daily"
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    LOVE THESE!!!! I also have one on yt that helps me to sleep as a yoga sleep that's not really "yoga" but just simple stretches so my body is all relaxed.

QOTD For Tues 2/22/22

What do you enjoy the most about the 5% Challenges?

The support I get!! HANDS DOWN!! I really the team I am on (Positively Strong 4 Life) many former team members from Sparks are on it, but also 1/2 of the team is "new to me". I love this!! Its so refreshing. You are ALL A support too!! WIN/WIN!! And my weight is FINALLY heading down!!
  • Catwmncat
    Options
    QOTD For Tues 2/22/22

The Support & Encouragement, but mostly the Accountability to the team
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    QOTD For Tues 2/22/22

Definitely The Support & encouragement
  • katiecondy1
    Options
    Indeed that is my statement too...the support and learning new dishes from our creative members.
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options

Support, the different challenges & sharing different recipes, finding out what different people have used successfully to reach & maintain their goals.