Rant! OR, overshare of the day

Options
stacyrey12
stacyrey12 Posts: 34 Member
I thought I would be under 150 by now, but I have had some short bouts of depression and lots of pain. I'm trying to get to 145-149 by March 9 in time for back surgery that will prevent me from doing all my normal exercise. I've been freaking myself out about the next year, because that's how long it takes to fully recover from the surgery. I'll be able to add exercise incrementally, but it's daunting to think about.

I am up to 156, which is not terrible, but my pants are tight! I refuse to buy new pants! I think I'm back on track, but it's rough, all.

I feel like I need to list all my current challenges, so you all can feel bad with me for a minute, then I can get back to thinking positively.

I'm in perimenopause and my hormones are OUT OF CONTROL, but the symptoms are not terrible. I am just struggling with overeating during the surges.

Surgery. Blah.

Lifelong insomnia. Also blah. Medication mostly helps but the hormone surges...

Injuries galore-back, shoulder (probably will have to have surgery there, too), hands.

Because of injuries I can't always exercise in a way that helps me stay emotionally and mentally fit. I'm working on it, but oof.

I'm trying to start a business and it's going okay, but not as well as it needs to in order to succeed.

I'm deciding if I want to stay married for the last 30 or so years of my life. He's a great guy, but he exhausts me.

I think that covers all of it. Please return to your regularly scheduled programming.

:#

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    You've got a lot on your plate right now. I can't speak for everyone else in here, but as far as I am concerned, anytime you need to rant or get something off your chest, go right ahead. Sometimes it helps to just dump it out for a minute.
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @stacyrey12 thanks for sharing. That's what this place is for, as far as I'm concerned. You have so much going on. I can see how it would seem daunting as a whole. Can you tackle little bits incrementally? Nutritionist, new medication, hormone replacement, therapy....? One thing seems certain - the operation must be important or you wouldn't be doing it. So good for you. And your muscle memory will be there, don't worry.

I'm sending you hugs, long walks and virtual low calorie, high protein smoothies...
  • stacyrey12
    Options
    @k8richer I'm only just now getting back to this. It's been a rough bit here, but I think some of the worst is over. Maybe just a little more of the worst?
  • zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It's easy to get overwhelmed. You will get through this.
  • k8richly
    Options
    Oh @stacyrey12 you hang in there!! You are stronger (in all ways) than you think. As my Nanna used to say "this too shall pass". Glad to know the worst is almost done and you are healing!!!
    PS - did you ever try the magic magnesium? Can't hurt to try!
  • stacyrey12
    Options
    @k8richer I'm back at it this week. I'm not allowed to push/pull/lift more than 10 lbs, nor bend or twist if avoidable, so the weights I normally do are off limits, but I'm managing to find stuff plus my physical therapy to burn some energy and calories. I eat enough magnesium in my food that I don't need to take more, but I have been trying protein drinks (Ensure max protein type style), and that seems to help some. It's been great to keep up with your adventures, by the way!
  • k8richly
    Options
    Hey - Im just seeing this now! I don't know how I missed it before.

I'm so glad to hear about your awesome progress. It sounds like it is going better but be gentle with yourself! And yes, physio exercises totally count as a burn! Ive been known to break a sweat during post-injury rehab! Can you go for walks and enjoy the (almost) spring weather? That would pick up spirits and get you moving. And it's all about movement in any and all forms. Every little bit is awesome when you are coming back from something major.
  • stacyrey12
    Options
    @k8richer We're only this week getting some decent spring weather. It's been colder than usual and we've had a few days of snow. I'm still walking, and I might drag out the ol' kick scooter next week. :)