No Drama here

Options
toni_mmh
toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
I love the Couch To 5 K Running Program message board! It's my favorite... wait... the only board I always enjoy.
There is NO DRAMA on these threads. Could it be all the endorphins? Thanks to everyone who posts updates here.
Sometimes we aren't able to be completely positive (darn the blerch) but in these cases we are reaching out to others
for support. Drama we are not. :smile:

Replies

• yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    So true! :)

I know sometimes you have to be honest with people for their own good but on some parts of the forum they are brutal!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I know there's anorexic runners, etc. but really, I rely on the running to guide people into a healthy lifestyle. You can't go fast if you don't fuel. You can't run long if you go too fast. If you give yourself half a chance, your body will figure it out for you.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I have learned so much about running from this community too. It provided a lot of inspiration, motivation and support for me as I was doing C25K, but it also taught me so much.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I know. They're so childish.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    The word drama comes from the Greek word δρᾶμα, which means action, and there is tons of action here. So there is tons of drama. There are people succeeding, falling down, and then getting back up. There are people expressing their fears, doubts and triumphs. There is so much drama in this group that we could put on our own reality television show and people would watch.
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love that we are positive with each other here. I almost never post anything (other than here) because I don't need the negativity that's out there the main boards. People get just downright rude out there. It's great to know that if I have questions or a rough time I don't have to worry about people here being mean just for the sake of being mean.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I agree, runners rock!!! Everyone is always so supportive and encouraging. This forum is a great place to seek out guidance from others without any negativity.
  • toni_mmh
    Options
    I know there's anorexic runners, etc. but really, I rely on the running to guide people into a healthy lifestyle. You can't go fast if you don't fuel. You can't run long if you go too fast. If you give yourself half a chance, your body will figure it out for you.

more fantastic wisdom.... you da bomb!
  • toni_mmh
    Options
    The word drama comes from the Greek word δρᾶμα, which means action, and there is tons of action here. So there is tons of drama. There are people succeeding, falling down, and then getting back up. There are people expressing their fears, doubts and triumphs. There is so much drama in this group that we could put on our own reality television show and people would watch.

Love this viewpoint!
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I had to go on hiatus due to a knee injury so don't have much to contribute, but agree wholeheartedly - the boards are a mean and ugly place these days.

Thanks for a oasis of kindness and wisdom.