Susan’s Hit the Gym Challenge!

Options
sls631
sls631 Posts: 89 Member
I am going to use this discussion to set Gym challenges. Was doing great in Sept and Oct then sidelined with a back injury in November. Took Jan off using high COVID numbers as excuse but now is the time to get back on track. Also good to let the New Years Resolution group finish up 😄

This week’s challenge is 5 gym visits. Already completed two. Will set a new monthly gym challenge for March next week. Because of a bad knee I focus on low impact activities. My three favorites are swimming, stationary bike (not a spin class but maybe someday) and free weights.

Any swimmers out there?

Replies

• beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    That's great! You are inspiring me already! I am a swimmer when I go south for the winter. This winter I am away from a pool.

By the way, I love the name of your thread!
  • sls631
    Options
    Thanks beccaboo.
  • sls631
    Options
    3 gym visits completed; two swims one bike. Today, despite bad knee, is a walking day with friend. Might squeeze in a gym visit later. Challenge needs to be completed by end of day Saturday.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Wow! Wonderful work!
  • sls631
    Options
    Challenge completed! Finished today with a 1 1/2 mile swim this morning. Good week for mental health and greatly improved attitude.
    March challenge will be 23 gym visits.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    MorticiaAddamsMSFS Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!
  • sls631
    Options
    Thank you. I was in a slump and needed to breakout of it. The gym challenge is a good start. Now I need to work on food tracking and better choices. Bring it on March!!!!
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I am ready for March too. I feel I am doing the best I have done in years in every area.
  • sls631
    Options
    That’s great. Very encouraging. Been tracking my food and very low on protein so I decided to add protein powder to my eating regime. Seems to be helping with hunger. With exercise calories burned I have been eating under my target calories. Weight is staying on but I think the exercise will ultimately help with weight loss. Been to gym first two days of March so off to a good start with latest challenge.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I also need more protein. I find it hard to do without consuming more fat and/or carbs and/or calories. I don't get a lot of calories and carbs are restricted too. Some days I actually balance my macros and am shocked. I lost a few ounces finally. Hopefully this will restart the loss. Slow is okay but I do need to see some downward movement.
  • sls631
    Options
    Yes, some downward movement would be greatly appreciated but I just might need to celebrate a non scale victory (NSV) like the fact that people are noticing the weight loss or that I am down another size on my pants. Off to the gym. Adding some resistance training today, aka free weights.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I managed to lose another pound. At my age a pound loss is thrilling. It's slow to come.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Wtg to both of you! 😁💕
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I am down 40 pounds now.
  • sls631
    Options
    Jealous, completely jealous!!!! I seem hopelessly stuck at 175/176. Maybe my scale is stuck? NOT! Just need to keep on keepin on.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I have periods with no scale movement too and then all of a sudden it will drop.
  • sls631
    Options
    Scale is unstuck and going up!!! Ok, here’s some self-talk. It’s a journey Susan, not a sprint. Breathe. What can you change today and what tripped you up? SUGAR.
    OK, today’s plan is to avoid sugar, drink more water and stay busy which includes a gym visit. Out of first 10 days in March have had 8 gym visits. So get off the self flagellation and start moving! Yes ma’am.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Yep, you have a plan and you can do it!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @sls631 Your gym challenge sounds good; it seems that you are able to do a mix of exercises, cardio and strength training, even with a bad knee.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    You are in good shape with a plan! You can do it!