Susan’s Hit the Gym Challenge!

Options

Replies

• sls631
    sls631 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the encouragement. Just finished a 1.5 mile swim and yesterday was strength training. Up to 11 gym visits this month. Going to be a squeaker meeting my 23 visit challenge. I have a 3 day business trip later in the month and that might mess things up. Need to plan accordingly. Weight loss has stalled but it’s because I am over eating and drinking. My love of cheese is my weakness…..and wine.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @sls631 Cheese is my absolute favorite food! (Of course, it’s high in fat and salt!)
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    MorticiaAddamsMSFS Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I also love cheese. Especially smoked gouda.
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    Smoked Gouda is our latest great find! We spent some time in the southeast part of the US several years ago and fell in love with shrimp and grits. I make it every 2-3 weeks or so. These days, I make it with half of the cheese with smoked Gouda (the other half with the usual sharp cheddar cheese). We now are doing that with our Mac and cheese, as well. So good!
  • sls631
    Options
    So happy to meet fellow cheese-a-holics😊. Going to Italy in June and will spend time in Piedmonte region, known for wine and cheese. Also want to hike Cinque Terre so need to get some weight off my knees. Might have to make a cheese abstaining challenge next for a couple of weeks (could never make a full month). Possibly earl April.
  • sls631
    Options
    Every year I make Shrimp and Grits for my annual Easter Brunch. I think if I didn’t make it I would have a small riot on my hands. Smoked Gouda might be an interesting recipe change. Thanks for mentioning it.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Another favorite of mine is butterkase.
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    Just Googled butterkase; it sounds wonderful. I will attempt to find it the next time I go grocery shopping.
  • sls631
    Options
    Gym visit #17 completed this morning with 30 minutes of strength training. I just might make it. I am getting stronger as I am now lifting heavier weights. Beautiful day outside. Definitely don’t feel like working in office. Tulips are starting to bloom.
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    Great on the workouts! More than a bit jealous of flowers coming up; this is the snowiest time of year here in Colorado. It’s been snowing one time a week for weeks now. Just a couple inches, though, and mostly melting when hitting the roads. Still, wrong, so wrong…
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Butterkase is awesome. A lot of our flowers have started to bloom - periwinkle, daffodils, crocus, forsythia, grape hyacinths.
  • sls631
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I am trying to be patient about lack of weight loss as this month’s challenge is all about fitness. Next month I think I will start a tracking challenge to get weight loss moving again. Swim was short today but spent 2 hours putting together some very heavy Adirondack chairs from Costco. Thank god I had help. I know I burned some calories there.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I love Adirondack chairs! So comfortable! We did shopping and errands.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wtg on your gyms visits! I too love cheese and wine, but diary does terrible things to me. Thankfully, I can still enjoy a glass of wine.

Love grits!
  • sls631
    Options
    Gym challenge has stalled. Weekend guests and the trip to LA got in the way. Will try and get in a final workout on Thursday so final number will be 20 or 21. All in all not bad; just a little short. Need to work on calorie tracking in April.
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    20 or 21 vs. 23 is still all good!
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I agree!
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I am planning on tightening up my diet too.
  • sls631
    Options
    Thanks gals. Really appreciate the encouragement.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    We have to stay strong and succeed!