Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Super fun trip plans @Terytha ... I haven't been to Seattle yet but it's on the list!!

Ok guys seriously... all this McDonald's talk and THEN the Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry talk came out.... you can bet I'll be planning one of those bad boys in. Creme eggs are a major fav.

@PlaneMonkey Glad your pump situation turned out okay... that must have been scary in the moment!

Yesterday I got out for two shorter walks and today I did a similar length in one go. Getting good sleep right now and starting to feel much better. Had a good long chat with a high school friend who just separated with his wife and now I'm just relaxing with Brad.

3/23 exercise: 7590
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    It is already time for the Friday people line-up!

@Pearl4686
    @Micki48
    @gak71
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @bonnie_red
    @ells_bellz
    @collegelyfe17

and some catching up to do:
    @wendydpromos
    @kdblpn
    @PlaneMonkey - no water problems tomorrow, I hope!
    @evangsimmons170 - are you back from Hawaii? Was it fabulous?
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    CW - 172 lbs

Back on a 500 cal deficit for now. If I start getting too hungry, I will switch back to maintenance again. We'll see.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 193.4

Water is working fabulously! time to go drink more!!

Hockey last night was ok, but we were short on players again. I get a good cardio workout because you're almost always on the ice, but hockey is supposed to be an anaerobic sport, where you're doing lots of short sprints instead of a longer aerobic even pace, so when you don't have enough spare players on the bench, you end up just coasting around a lot and gliding instead of stopping and starting and changing directions to follow the play. My heart rate stays up, but I don't get the same feeling of satisfaction that I pushed my muscles hard. I guess the feeling is more like going for a long run instead of an intense weight lifting session. I feel more satisfied with my effort when I have the muscle tiredness from weight lifting vs the allover body tiredness of cardio exercise. Both are good, and my Garmin sure thinks I burned lots of calories, but it's a different feeling psychologically for me. Does anyone else feel like that? you might have burned the same calories, but some things just "feel" more satisfying?
  • jugar
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I second your feeling of satisfaction with more intense muscle use. Some things can be both, like if your hockey game had had more fierce bursts mixed in with the gliding about. I find that true with many things - biking hills then gliding, hiking up steep terrain then walking along the flat for a while, horseback riding with athletic work in the ring, cross country jumps, or covering terrain quickly vs a nice ramble. No matter how you get it, pushing your muscles hard and the mental effort that goes along with it leave you with a great glow for hours.

And they make us all wish for a beautiful stretch in the hot tub afterwards @evangsimmons170 !! Hawaii sounds like it treated you well, once you got past your bad turn at the beginning. Exercise in the water is a great way to make progress, too, not to mention a half marathon with your true love! We'll help get you ready for that on for sure :smiley:

@collegelyfe17 congratulations! You had a good loss this week AND you bought a house. Is it the first house you have bought? It is a great feeling - and you'll have all the fun of setting everything up just how you want it. Photos? We love progress reports of weight loss, fitness, and all the other parts of life rolled into one!
  • bonnie_red
    bonnie_red Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    CW: 162

First week back traveling for work, so I need to adjust my routine a bit
  • ashleycarole86
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I may have an endurance side to me! I thought I'd be more of a short super intense burst effort person, but I'm finding on the Peloton I really like the long endurance efforts versus the more HIIT style rides.

@evangsimmons170 Super fun on the half marathon! I did one once around 10 years ago... tried to run and wasn't well prepared. I would love to walk one! Enjoy the training... super special to be doing it with your husband. Glad Hawaii was so amazing.. it's definitely on my list.

@collegelyfe17 Congrats on the new house! How exciting.

I am definitely feeling mostly back to my old self! I haven't pushed it on the exercise yet, but I did get my 10,000 steps today for the first time in over a week. Great feeling! Doesn't hurt that the weather is great too...

3/24 exercise:
    6542 steps

Enjoy the weekend all!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hope everyone's Friday was a good one and that we're all rolling into Saturday full of beans!

Update on the numbers -

still due through Friday:
    @wendydpromos
    @kdblpn
    @Pearl4686
    @Micki48
    @gak71
    @conleywoods
    @ells_bellz

Due Saturday:
    @eggfreak
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359

One more week to go for March! Let's make it fabulous.
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Rubbish week for me 🥺
    I think it is heading for time of the month so it is gain, sorry 🥺
    Ells_bellz
    Friday
    PW 220.6 lbs
    CW 221.4 lbs

Have a lovely weekend 🥰
  • JenSamuel94
    JenSamuel94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

@collegelyfe17 congratulations! You had a good loss this week AND you bought a house. Is it the first house you have bought? It is a great feeling - and you'll have all the fun of setting everything up just how you want it. Photos? We love progress reports of weight loss, fitness, and all the other parts of life rolled into one!
    [/quote]

Thank you.
    It’s a bit of a fixer upper haha, but I’m excited to move in! It’ll take a few months before we can though- it is our first house!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    CW: 187.1

I'm hoping this is mostly food in transit 😫.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    PW 238.2
    CW 239.2

A little bit of a bounce back after my 2 lb loss last week. 2 lbs is a big loss for me but if I could stay on a lose 2, gain 1 rhythm I would be ok with that.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    You asked, I heard you...and thus our Week 5 Group Challenge was born...join us this week as we awaken all the senses and take care of ourselves. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10859980/march-week-5-group-challenge-taking-care-of-me#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar....I'd already started my day, and eating, when I realized I hadn't weighed in. Can I take a 'pass' for this week pls.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    PW=88,3Kg
    CW=88,3Kg
    :(

I'm gonna turn that :( upside down! Sometimes staying where we are is worthy of celebration. Time to make the upcoming week GREAT and have something to smile about :)
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar....I'd already started my day, and eating, when I realized I hadn't weighed in. Can I take a 'pass' for this week pls.

If you weigh in early enough tomorrow (Sunday before 8:30) it can count for this week. If not - I'll give you the pass.
This discussion has been closed.