Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,084 Member
    Options
    3/25 exercise:
    12635 steps

I'm going to try hopping on the bike today, so we'll see how I make out. Had a good walk with my dog again.. definitely feeling okay for steps so hoping a bit more cardio will feel okay too!

So good! I'm just getting back into the swing a little bit as my back feels better. It was not terrible, but slowed me down for a few days for sure. Go Ash!!
  • jugar
    Options
    CW: 187.1

I'm hoping this is mostly food in transit 😫.

food in transit. cracks me up, and is reality. yep.
  • jugar
    Options
    Last Call! Week 4 of March ending in just a few hours...
    @kdblpn
    @Pearl4686
    @Micki48 you're totally excused if you don't make it!!
    @gak71
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Hey @jugar just a heads up for this upcoming week.. Brad and I will both need to weigh in early on Wednesday as we are travelling Thursday to Wednesday. This will be the first trip where I don't have a scale with me daily since I started with you fine folks.

When I first started my journey I weighed weekly but I really do enjoy having the daily data point now. When possible, anyway ;)

We had a successful first ride back on the Peloton today. I actually felt really good. A little surprised, but I'll take it!
  • jugar
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    CW 70
    Struggling to get out of the slump...

I think this must be a typo? I'm using 85 - please correct if that is wrong. Thanks!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Oops, if only!
    CW 87
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    PW 146.5
    CW 148.5

No surprise to me. I ate more dinner & evening snacks than planned this week. I thought I’d be 149-150 because I ate later than I planned last night. Sorry.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    3/26 exercise:
    46 minutes Peloton + 10166 steps

Looking forward to seeing how much additional progress we make towards the distance of @micki48 's move this week :)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

b50144nqbme7.png
    678jqt7qcfxh.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    g8yfo7t7vqer.png

By Pounds
    7or9vp77stke.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    te6i128b7ei9.png

By Pounds
    fe97d283csca.png
    wnmkyd8ivggz.png

Find Additional Statistics Here

Team Winners
    qbth9n79a134.png
    jurs4me4nead.png
    vnt1cd7qf373.png
    iq3dmtbhy7wi.png
    myc9bkwxz0zs.png

• jugar
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    PW: 139.6

CW: 133.0 I don’t know how?? 😦😅

I went on the scale like 5 different times because I didn’t think it was correct, like I didn’t believe it😅

I think what contributed to this week’s loss is that I ate more veggie 🥗 based meals this week. Was afraid that homemade chick pea brownies and homemade mint brownie ice and banana chocolate ice cream was going to impact progress, but looks like it was okay 😊 Plant based is really the way, I need to stick to it, because you can eat more and not fear the scale, lol. The homemade sweets used a variety of Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetners (powdered sugar, brown sugar, white sugar), Organic Raw Agave, Organic Honey, Organic Grade A? Maple Syrup, Organic Date Syrup, Organic Bananas.

Fantastic loss! Plant-based is an amazing way to be able to eat quite a bit and not suffer from it - the fibre makes a huge difference. Sweeteners are still pretty high calorie, but things like chickpeas instead of lots of fats sure help! Well done :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, we made it to #3 by the tips of our fingernails! I'm feeling like we need an energy reboot this week.

Let's take some time to question ourselves, share the answers, and see how we can kick up our success. Here is a list of questions - pick any one of them every day and post an answer. Or ask one of your own! Use the answers to find the best ways to keep on going with this challenging journey to weight loss, health, and fitness.
    • What do I need to do this week?
    • What lessons did I learn from things that did not go so well last week or recently?
    • What is your greatest accomplishment so far in March?
    • What can you do right now to make the coming week(s) less stressful?
    • What is one thing you need to do this week that you have been putting off?
    • What good habits do you have?
    • What are you resisting?
    • How can your teammates help you? How can you help them?
    • What is the next step towards your goal?
    • What excess baggage are you carrying that you can drop this week?
    • What will help keep you on plan this week?

That should give us some good mind exercise :sweat_smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Don't forget! Weigh-ins Sunday-Monday:
    @wendydpromos
    @Terytha
    @graceojo999
    @DD265
    @kdblpn

Off we go!
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    PW: 139.6

CW: 133.0 I don’t know how?? 😦😅

I went on the scale like 5 different times because I didn’t think it was correct, like I didn’t believe it😅

I think what contributed to this week’s loss is that I ate more veggie 🥗 based meals this week. Was afraid that homemade chick pea brownies and homemade mint brownie ice and banana chocolate ice cream was going to impact progress, but looks like it was okay 😊 Plant based is really the way, I need to stick to it, because you can eat more and not fear the scale, lol. The homemade sweets used a variety of Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetners (powdered sugar, brown sugar, white sugar), Organic Raw Agave, Organic Honey, Organic Grade A? Maple Syrup, Organic Date Syrup, Organic Bananas.

Fantastic loss! Plant-based is an amazing way to be able to eat quite a bit and not suffer from it - the fibre makes a huge difference. Sweeteners are still pretty high calorie, but things like chickpeas instead of lots of fats sure help! Well done :heart:

Thank you!💫
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    What good habits do you have?

I track every bite, every single day.
    I weigh in daily (and for me this works well).
    I aim for intentional movement every day for a minimum of 20 minutes.
    I ensure I drink a minimum of 64 oz of water.
    I aim to get a good amount of sleep every night and I'm working on extending that.
    I toggle between deficit and maintenance- 10% days depending on life circumstances but stay below my chosen budget almost all of the time.
    I check in with various parts of the MFP community every day.
    I walk my dog every day.

Good prompt @jugar - looking forward to reading some responses from our team!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    PW: 83.2kg
    CW: 83.9kg

We ate out A LOT this last week due to having things on and family visits. Ended up getting pizzas yesterday lunch (Mothers Day in the UK) but I don't eat cheese, so I was having chicken strips. The takeaway don't do anything green (unless it's on a pizza!) so we stopped at a service station on the way up for me to pick up a salad because I was craving something healthy. I felt pretty good about my chicken & salad, but it's the exception rather than the rule for last week unfortunately. Not a bad gain, but I've drawn a line under that behaviour for sure.

Steps @ashleycarole86
    Saturday 20th - 17795
    Sunday 21st - 6772
    Monday 22nd - 12664
    Tuesday 23rd - 8558
    Wednesday 24th - 4665
    Thursday 25th - 5648
    Friday 26th - 9902
    Saturday 27th - 7523

What do I need to do this week?
    Track calories and stay under my goal

What lessons did I learn from things that did not go so well last week or recently?
    Eating out is expensive and doesn't get me closer to my goal. Nice in moderation but last week was excessive!

What is your greatest accomplishment so far in March?
    Having a focused week (week before last) - if I can do it for that week, I can do it for today

What can you do right now to make the coming week(s) less stressful?
    Meditation, plenty of sleep, lots of water

What is one thing you need to do this week that you have been putting off?
    There's nothing that needs to be done this week

What good habits do you have?
    Not eating chocolate has stuck

What are you resisting?
    Going to bed at a reasonable time

How can your teammates help you? How can you help them?
    Being here to chat in this thread

What is the next step towards your goal?
    Focus on one day/meal/hour at a time

What excess baggage are you carrying that you can drop this week?
    Alas, this is not the week for it

What will help keep you on plan this week?
    Sticking to the meal plan, and pre-logging so it's less effort overall and I only need to track the 'extras'

The alarm went off at 5am this morning, and OH has gone to do his first shift out on patrol. I've been feeling run down since Thursday (hello mouth ulcer that won't go away) and can only attribute it to stress. Focusing on work today is proving to be a significant challenge. I did get a 5k done on Saturday, where I focused on maintaining a quicker pace, which was successful but it wiped me out so I'm planning on taking it easy today.

The food for the week is planned. OH isn't eating with me for the next 3 days, so I'm either using up single portions or things he is less keen on. It's all freezer food this week for the convenience/flexibility, and all bar one of those meals was home cooked then frozen. We need to see how his shift pattern affects our current routines, then we can figure out new routines and I'll know when we have time to cook from scratch, vs when batch cooked is better etc. A big challenge is that he's never guaranteed to finish work on time, so even if we can theoretically eat together, in practise he may be home too late. This is why batch cooking is so great; we can reheat our portions separately. Sides are a little trickier but we'll figure that out. It will probably take a few weeks to settle into the rhythm of things!

I had my women's health physio assessment on Thursday and I do indeed have increased tone in my pelvic floor. I wouldn't have said it was that bad going in, as I don't really have any symptoms, but I think I got lucky. Apparently it's extremely common for women (men to a lesser degree) to hold stress/tension in the pelvis, and she's seen a lot more general pelvic pain since the pandemic. I don't have any stuff to do at home yet, but going back in a couple of weeks for a follow up. Still hoping it might help with my running!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It's been kinda crazy at my house. The stomach flu has been working its way through our house. The kids and I have all had it and I am home with the last sick kid today. Fingers crossed my husband doesn't get it. I think I slept a total of 2 and a half hours last night and not all at once. Before I got sick my husband and I had massages and it was very needed. My shoulder that I thought had inflammation is actually just a very big knot. I had been holding off on any weight lifting until I knew for sure what the deal was. I did one run so far and it went pretty well overall. I may need to wait a bit longer to get back into a full workout routine. The new refrigerator is coming on Wednesday and I can't wait. So tired of trying to feed a family of 5 out of a mini fridge. The nearest grocery store is about 25 minutes away so no such thing as a quick grocery run.
  • jugar
    Options
    Where did the day go? I got some work done on a medieval song I'm "updating" - new lyrics (by a friend of mine), slightly new harmonies, and finding a way for it to work well in a more folk sound with guitar, voice, and flute. It is a beautiful tune.

Foodwise things are going OK - and my first seeds are planted for this year's vegetable garden. Soon the plant starting window will be chockablock with baby plants, but so far it is just a few. More to come later this week.

I will be going to my physiotherapist/osteopath on Wednesday to follow up on some seriously annoying neck and head pain from my right shoulder issues, and to make sure that all is now well with my back after last week's pain. It is feeling ok but I'm a bit wary of getting back to my weights. Taking it slow, bodyweight for now.

@ashleycarole86 last week's numbers are not much to brag about! I was stopped pretty hard by that back thing for a few days there...

Sunday - 15,527
    Monday - 10,6867 + 45 min. bike
    Tuesday - 8,074 + 30 Pilates + 45 bike
    Wednesday - 6,852
    Thursday - 5,844 + 35 bike
    Friday - 7,770
    Saturday - 7,847 + 15 Pilates
This discussion has been closed.