• ciaoder
    ciaoder Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2022
    ciaoder

March Challenge Week 1
    weigh in Friday (March 4)
    PW 254.9
    CW 250.4

Steps challenge? I want to do a steps challenge, tell me more please.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott

Can I please skip this weeks weigh in?

I have celiac’s and was somehow glutened and I’m dealing with all the terrible side effects of that.

Oh no! That's never fun. Please take care of yourself!
  • TwinMama91521
    TwinMama91521 Posts: 47 Member
    TwinMama91521
    Friday
    PW: 148.0
    CW: 148.4

I've been struggling with a head cold this week, and it's my time of the month, so I'm not surprised at all. Hopefully I'll be able to get a bigger number next week.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited March 2022
    ciaoder wrote: »
    Steps challenge? I want to do a steps challenge, tell me more please.

Oh boy, thanks for reminding me! I completely forgot to post the results this week!

And if you're interested in joining, all you have to do is post your weekly steps in the chat (daily or weekly totals work). The results are typically posted every Wednesday, so be sure to get the previous week's (Sun - Sat) values posted before 9AM EST on Wednesdays.

~ Steps Challenge ~

February Team Statistics

Total Steppers: 6
    Total Steps: 1,489,010
    Average Steps per Stepper: 248,168

February Leaderboard:

@motylekokruchy - 421,908 total
    @JMNagain - 280,585 total
    @ljdanny - 277,790 total
    @IDebraK - 275,337 total
    @TwinMama91521 - 197,746 total
    @pacsnc6 - 35,644 total

Week Four Leaderboard:

@motylekokruchy - 104,311 total | 14,902 average - Most Consistent!
    @IDebraK - 94,548 total | 13,507 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @TwinMama91521 - 69,260 total | 9,894 average
    @ljdanny - 64,182 total | 9,169 average
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh

Weigh in day Friday

Pw 131
    Cw 131.5

Sorry I’m a day late.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Went to see "The British Invasion" at DPAC last night. Great show - highly recommend seeing it for anyone
  • sherry9999
    sherry9999 Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2022
    Sherry9999
    My journey with weight:
    In 2017 I was at my highest weight of 233 or more. I had "tried" every "diet" under the sun. What I did not do was consider a lifestyle change. In 2017 I changed my thinking and said No to diet and yes to a lifestyle change. I have exercised since my 30's. I began gaining weigh towards mid 30's or late 30's. I never stopped working out hard. The thing I learned was I could not exercise and lose without beginning to truly look at what and how I ate. In 2017 I tried the Whole 30 and lost my first twenty pounds. I was keeping my carbs at less than 120 with whole 30. At that time one of my sons was doing keto he encouraged me to try it. Over the course of a year, I dropped down to 160 with keto and tracking my progress faithfully in MFP. Then in 2019 the pandemic hit, and I made the decision to give up my gym and workout partners. I also quit tracking anything in MFP. So of course, my weight has blossomed to the 180's go figure. Three or four months ago some of my beloved friends and I began texting and encouraging each other. Misty being the one who brought three of us to this challenge which has been a game changer for me. Thank you, my beloved friend Misty1!! So, when we began texting, I came to the realization (DUH) that of course I gained because I was clueless about what I was consuming. I began tracking the good, the bad, and the ugly. I would begin each week with full intention of cutting carbs and not eating when I was stressed. I am a nurse and I come home stressed a lot some days worse than others. And I would just sabotage myself time and time again. With this challenge I opened up my diary for my own personal accountability. I am not yet Strick keto I am working my way back into it trying to cut carbs between 50 to 60. This week I am so proud of myself because I have stayed on track. One day this week I truly wanted to just throw in the towel and eat. The accountability of this challenge has been exactly what I needed. Thank you, Misty, thank you for the powers that be that created this challenge. I am very grateful to you!!!!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,971 Member
    Weigh in for march 1

Username GingerPwr
    PW 149
    CW 150

Finally feeling like myself again, though, so I may actually get to start exercising!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The March Week 2 Group Challenge is posted and ready to go starting tomorrow, Sunday, March 6th. Join us as we Step into Spring!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10858208/march-week-2-group-challenge-5k-x1-2-3-step-into-spring#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Timibotkin
    Saturdays
    PW 299.6
    CW 299.2
  • MistyGoes4Goal
    MistyGoes4Goal Posts: 18 Member
    I'm excited because I've worked out for 6 hrs this week...and it's been amazing. I've had a blast...a little sore, but happy, energized, and feeling very happy and positive. I haven't lost a bit of weight, but I believe it's temporary. I know in the long-term, the weight will come off. I'm proud of myself for carving out time for me!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Melaniedscott
    Weigh day: Sat
    PW: 220
    CW: 225

I totally forgot to weigh yesterday. I am positive that number is wrong. I did eat junk this week after my horrible Monday but not that much junk. i have some ideas but I won't share (TMI).
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    7nK2.gif

We've completed another week, folks! And with some awesome numbers up on the spreadsheet, we've set ourselves up to have a successful month. Can we do it again next week? Can we do even better?

Take a look at last week's results in the links below:

Here's a sneak peek into how your (our!) team did...

sbqljtr7g5a0.png
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 5,057
    Mon- 9,935
    Tues- 6,209
    Wed- 8,590
    Thurs- 7,686
    Fri- 7,182
    Sat- 7,681
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    My steps were horrible last week. I didnt exercise at all. I didnt do that bad with my food. Never got 10,000 steps at all. I have to change that this week. I did get to zumba today but she is cancelling next weeks class so I will do something else in its place. It's a nice day here, I'm hoping the weather keeps getting nicer. My granddaughters are off practicing riding their bikes and scooters today.
This discussion has been closed.