Mardi without the Gras - March accountability thread

Options
Oh, I need to be better. Desperately better. Let's go!

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    March goals: Keep going on my daily critical task list with fewer "misses" than I had last month.

5'7", 43 years old
    Starting Weight 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish
    2/23/22: 150

3/2/22:
  • Lazuliz
    Lazuliz Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    March Goals: Increase activity (My calf is finally feeling better, no more excuses on slacking off), making better food choices on the weekends. Drop those stubborn pandemic pounds!

5'4", 36 years old
    SW: 2/1/22: 141.2
    GW: ~120
    CW: 2/28/22: 137.8
  • lonwii
    lonwii Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    March Goals: My goals for this month are to find new ways to improve activity levels without sacrificing productivity, to eat less indulgent foods, and to focus on well-being & overall health.

5'6", 26 years old
    SW: 3/1/22: 130
    GW: 115
    CW: 3/1/22: 130
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Now in the right thread (oops)

'5", 44 years old
    CW: 123.4
    GW: My pants continuing to fit, basically.

3-1: 123.4

I don't want to say I'm suffering from apathy about my weight/maintaining the loss, because it's not that. It's more that I am very apathetic about the scale and my clothes fitting is all I really care about. This spring is a LOT of dog stuff, both professional (board and train/raise puppy, some behavioral clients) and personal (trials, trials, more trials). Most of my goals are focused there. We'll see how it plays out and how often I remember to get on a scale and report that reading.

That said I seem to be hovering within about a pound of 123 pretty much all the time, now and for the last month or so, and that's basically my sweet spot.

I do expect that to go up a couple of pounds a couple of times around trial weekends. I pack a lot of my food for these things and I've never had FAT gain but my sodium intake jumps by about 2000% AND I get sore as heck, so I almost always have somewhere around 5lbs of abrupt water gain that comes off over the next few days/week. We'll see!

(thank you all for continuing to be my MFP 'home base'!)
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 44y/o

3/01: 132.2

I’m flirting with the idea of doing a dry March with no sweets. Sweets are not usually something I struggle with, but have been lately. I have been working hard on strength training and it’s going well. I need to buckle down on cardio though, because it really helps me.
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    5'3" 48yrs
    GW a strong, fast, flexible 125lbs

Mar 1 - 131lbs (feeling strong-ish)

Ok March. Let's do this! Spring is coming, and the days are longer. Warmer weather means less ice and snow, so more walks and runs soon...but not quite yet. This week I will focus on deep stretching to prevent injuries and be less sore after workouts.

I'm also very happy to have this group be my MFP home base (in fact I find some other corners of MFP to be a little overwhelming or intimidating!) We are a very nice welcoming bunch here. 😀
  • Move_It_Renee
    Move_It_Renee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    almost 5'5" 50yrs
    GW 125 lbs

3/1 131.4 lbs

I didn't do too hot in February so I'm hear to start fresh again in March. I've been exercising more often so I have that going for me. I'm on the cusp of losing weight but I usually eat a little too much or another little something that prevents me from doing so. I'm not starving myself so I don't understand where this "need" comes from. But I must admit that I often feel very contented when I give into it. If I could just not eat that extra 200 to 300 calories, I know I would be able to reach my goal weight. As I'm writing this I'm thinking that I should try to drink some water or tea instead when I'm feeling this or try having a half of the serving I would normally have - every little bit should help!
  • taylorgardnerr
    taylorgardnerr Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    March goals: Drop 5lbs and keep it off

Starting: 5’4, 138lbs
    GW for March: ~132-133
    (End goal is around 125-128lbs)

Fell off the wagon a little bit in February from being so busy with work and classes and just life. Looking forward to a good month of eating right and exercise!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    March goals: Keep going on my daily critical task list with fewer "misses" than I had last month.

5'7", 43 years old
    Starting Weight 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish
    2/23/22: 150

3/2/22: 146.4
  • Happyness4me2
    Happyness4me2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    March goals: keep tracking my intake. Get 2-3 resistance sessions in per week. Walk most days of the week.

I think ideally I would like to weigh 125lbs, I'm currently at 129.8lbs and was up 132lbs in January. I'm about 5'2.5" and 38 years old.
  • pygmygoatlover
    pygmygoatlover Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I’m 64 years old I’m 5’3”, I gained 16 pounds since August. My current weight is 150, goal weight is 135.
  • SonFlowerTC
    SonFlowerTC Posts: 42 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi I’m SonFlower 😀 I want to lose 5 pounds. If I’m really careful and stick to 1200 calories and exercise I can lose .5 pounds in a week! Very slow going but I’m also prediabetic. I’ve been at this weight before (130) and when I lost to 127 I returned to normal. That’s my goal - avoid Diabetes 👍
    I’m also aiming to drink at least 1/2 my body weight in pure water and keep my sodium, sugar, fat, carbs and protein in check. I’m following a 40-30-30 regimen of carbs- fat- protein.
  • zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Such a great thread.
    I have walked this road before. I have all that I need to succeed. Next Sunday I will report that I feel better and stronger through better eating and exercise. And maybe the scales will show it!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    Beautiful shot! We have daffodils this week. Thanks for the reminder of all the green that will be here.

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    '5", 44 years old
    CW: 123.4
    GW: My pants continuing to fit, basically.

3-1: 123.4
    3-7: 124.3
  • Iitstuesday
    Iitstuesday Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    5’8 51 y/o
    SW 3/1/22 139.8
    GW 134

3/7 140.2 ugh indeed.

Tracked consistently. Not using exercise cals. Honestly have never been this stuck with weight this high for so long. It’s like my body refuses to budge. Will keep at it though….the struggle is beyond real! I have maintained a range of 134-137 for years….until now…….
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    The plateaus happened to me when I was going through menopause. When it seems like nothing will happen, I try to focus on the non scale victories. Am I doing anything that is making me feel better about my health?

I think I might be on a plateau right now as my body tries to get used to the changes.