Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,193 Member
edited March 2022 in Social Groups
How many 5% Challenges have you done?

What do you like to do for fun?

What major city do you live in or near? State?

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

Anything else you would like to share?

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,093 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've lost track, but since the 2011 Winter 5% Challenge so now 11 years.

What do you like to do for fun? I LOVE to paint, read, walking I still enjoy, playing with my GGS and kitty cat and lately I am enjoying being quite creative in the kitchen!

What major city do you live in or near? State? The Greater Portland, Maine area.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose at least 50% of my 5% Goal which will be approximately 4.3 lbs. I lose slowly, but steady is my way. To continue to explore recipes, and my own creations of food.

Anything else you would like to share? With a positive attitude it's hard to be beaten down!! What we think we follow. AND I LOVE the 5% CHALLENGE!!! So far I am down 115 LBS!!
  • ladyluk1
    ladyluk1 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Hello, Hi, Howdy and How are ya? ladyluk1 here or Barb whichever you prefer.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I do not remember when I joined but I have done alot of them

What do you like to do for fun? play games and make a lot of crafts

What major city do you live in or near? State? Fayetteville, Arkansas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To increase my exercise one day at a time; so that I can better my lung capacity and hopefully my back. I would love to be able to start walking more again.

Anything else you would like to share? The 5% Challenges have kept me sane!! I love them!! I did a 5K with the help of my team several years ago. This past challenge was not good for me, I was sick for the whole challenge. But I am feeling better now sooo.. Let's go Spring!!
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,745 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? If I'm not mistaken, the Winter Challenge was our 50th. I missed1 so I have done 49.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, movies, games, I used to love counted cross stitch and have been thinking about picking it up again. I enjoy teaching Bible Studies and of course, I am passionate about this challenge!

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Central PA, 3 hours NW of Philadelphia. Eastern Time Zone

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Continue to build muscle and endurance

Anything else you would like to share? Let's get rid of 5%
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 51!

What do you like to do for fun? RV camping, hiking, playing cards, karaoke, dancing to live music, joining friends for brunch, watching kids play hockey, a bit of pickleball

What major city do you live in or near? State? Vancouver Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? lose 5% of my starting weight, joining the gym again

Anything else you would like to share? I look forward to seeing old friends and making new friends.

What do you like to do for fun? I moved to Vancouver, Canada 10 years ago and love going to new places. There are hundreds of parks in the area - ocean, lakes, rivers, forests

Anything else you would like to share? I love finding new things to do. I have a zillion interests.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? several I've lost count

What do you like to do for fun? Read, watch Instagram stories

What major city do you live in or near? State? Girard, Kansas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Build muscle while dropping body fat

Anything else you would like to share? I have an amazing advisor on the 1st Phorm app where I track my food and workouts.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    5 and all the in-betweens

Cooking healthy foods and trying new recipes

Tampa, Fl

Continue living a healthy lifestyle and maintain 134-138lbs

I believe that nutrition plays a much bigger part in weight loss than exercise, but BOTH are essential to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many

What do you like to do for fun? Birding, crochet, bicycling

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in New Hampshire, about 1 hour from Portland ME or 2 hours from Boston MA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am recovering from a broken wrist and would like to regain strength in that hand/arm (get back to the level of Strength Training that I was doing before the broken bone) and I would like to be bicycle-ready by the time the weather is amicable to bicycling.

Anything else you would like to share? I am at my goal weight and maintaining.
  • Sioranth
    Sioranth Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I actually have done so many I don't remember anymore. lol

What do you like to do for fun? Mountain bike, kayak, cross-stitch, fiber arts, read, cook.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm in Southern Maryland not too far from DC (as the crow flies)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Getting to (or very close) ONEDERLAND! (only 16.5 lbs to go!)

Anything else you would like to share? I love these challenges and the community. I'm glad we found a space here on MFP!
  • EclipsedAgain
    EclipsedAgain Posts: 3,503 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've only done one here, but am signed up for number two!

What do you like to do for fun? I love reading, photography, lifting weights (yes, I really do!)

What major city do you live in or near? State? Eastern Ohio, biggest city near me is Pittsburgh, PA about 40 miles east.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Ugh, the same as always. I would love to lose weight, and lower my A1c.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm glad I joined the challenge, I've gotten to know a lot of nice members.
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,502 Member
    Options
    I am not sure. Seems like it has been quite a few, and I always enjoy them.

Garden, Hike, Swim, Beach, Travel, Read, and play with my Grandson

Midway between Washington DC and Philadelphia

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    Measure my portions, 60-90 mins exercise per day, Get below 150.

dok9h2rmbmwn.jpg

• HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Don't really remember but since before Sparks closed.

What do you like to do for fun? Spend time with my family, hiking, swimming, walking, reading, knitting going to try paddle boarding this Spring.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose weight & get as fit as I can.

Anything else you would like to share? I have really enjoyed being on these challenges they have helped me so much.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count

What do you like to do for fun? Walk along the shore

What major city do you live in or near? State? Edinburgh

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To get control of me so I can stop binge/stress eating

• Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,039 Member
    Options

All but one since the spring of 2016 so I think this will be #24 coming up

Sing with and conduct a small choir that visits a couple or retirement homes each month, reading, computer games, knitting (trying to get back into it) spending time with family and friends.

A small city In Southcentral Ontario about an hour north of Toronto (Canada)

To return to my maintenance weight - about 5- 8 pounds keep getting in the way!

Challenges helped me lose over 60 lbs and help me to maintain (for the most part) and stay motivated to keep exercising.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've done two challenges: 2021 Fall & 2022 Winter.

What do you like to do for fun? Right now, fitness is my fun, but I want to get back to playing acoustic guitar, plus get some skills on ukulele and mandolin as well.

What major city do you live in or near? State? San Francisco, California

• Continue my recent yoga and pilates practices (they are really helping).
    • Continue my efforts to learn proper breathing technique to swim the crawl, instead of mostly just the side stroke and the breast stroke with a swimmer's snorkel.
    • Continue building back the muscle (and then some) that I lost during my 100+ pound weight loss.
    • Begin tai chi (yang style) practice again, later this year.
    • Do some major hiking some place like Switzerland or New Zealand some time this year.

• I've been on this journey since July 10th, 2020, and I'm down from 330 pounds to 222.2 pounds as of this morning.
    • I exercise a lot, usually 3-4 hours/day, consisting of walking, swimming, strength training, cardio, pilates and yoga (soon to add cycling). I can't run/jog; one bad knee & one titanium knee.
    • I use a Garmin fitness watch and I love challenges. Feel free to connect with me on Garmin Connect. I'm one of about 50 "Frank Brown's", but I'm in California and at level 4 (chasing level 5).
    • I plan on continuing as a member of the Thinner Winners although the Fit Force has a nice ring to it.
  • sushynes
    sushynes Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several

What do you like to do for fun? Read, movies, dinners, music, games

What major city do you live in or near? State? Chicago, IL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continue to lose and strengthen my muscles. I vary my calories most days, increasing or decreasing my exercise minutes 5-6 days a week. It has helped me overcome a weight loss slump.

Anything else you would like to share? I've lost 63 pounds so far, slowly, but it's still coming off. I'd like to get to about 135-137, 7 pounds away, and then maintain.
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Have been doing for about 10 years....lost count...so 40 or so...

What do you like to do for fun? Journal, read, go for walks by the water, go to the Ocean, Sew, Decorate my Home, Spend time with my Hubby & Grown Kids.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Seattle, Washington

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Walk by the water, Tai Chi, Mindfulness & Relaxation and Fibromyalgia Exercise cumulative exercise goals /plan

Anything else you would like to share? I am using the Loop Habit tracker & Cara Care app to track health & daily life goals with Cumulative Mindset. Healing & Choosing to become a better me one goal & day at a time.

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 2...I think :D

What do you like to do for fun? cycle, hike, read, audio books, puzzles and love me a movie!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Edmonton,Alberta, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Working on muscle and flexibility...weight loss and fat loss are just not doing what I would like. So switching it up a bit1

Anything else you would like to share? I love this challenge...you are all so wonderful :D
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my 3rd on MFP but did several at Sparks.

What do you like to do for fun? Walk, read, crochet, play games, do puzzles and hang with friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Windsor Ontario right across the river from Detroit MI.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My health and fitness goals for this season are to get back on track with my eating and exercise.

Anything else you would like to share? I have a 21 yr old Son, who now spends most weekends with us. He lives with my sister and her boyfriend and use to go to my Mom's before she passed away. We are his relax space now. I live in an apartment with my Hubby and our Rottie Trigger. It has become a bit of a tight fit but we make do.