Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• Lisapersists63
    Lisapersists63 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    A few on sparks. I started the 1st one on MFP but was unable to complete for being a caregiver for my Mom.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, walk, play with gs, puzzles.

What major city do you live in or near? State?NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    I’m trying to get back on track after numerous health issues.

Anything else you would like to share?
  • sunrisedancer1
    sunrisedancer1 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think that this is my 7th. I know that I did 3 or 4 with Sparkpeople as an Awesome A

What do you like to do for fun? Travel, camp, garden, kayak, bike, read, play piano, and read to my granddaughters

What major city do you live in or near? State? In southeast Wisconsin between Milwaukee and Madison.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? I want to be consistent with calories, workouts, and water/liquids. I would love to lose at least 5 pounds.

Anything else you would like to share? I am so happy that the leaders of these groups found a way to continue this on MFP!!! I love the challenge and the group!
  • Mjw205
    Mjw205 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Counting the Winter challenge that just finished, one.

What do you like to do for fun? Cycling, walking, movies, reading, music, camping and family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Melbourne, Australia.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'm going to get to me goal weight, which is so, so close now. And then I'm going to stay there.

Anything else you would like to share? Thanks to the leaders for their efforts to pull these together.
  • Sp33dy143
    Sp33dy143 Posts: 2,017 Member
    Options

11+ years with SP and an OG since moving to MFP = I've lost count but will start a new count once I reach 1 year with MFP ;)

What do you like to do for fun?

Spend time with family, camp, play puzzle games, garden and enjoy swimming in our pool once it warms up.

What major city do you live in or near? State?

Southern California... small coastal town in Orange County an hour and a half North of San Diego and an hour South of Los Angeles.

Lose the weight I gained during Covid and regain the strength and fitness I lost with weight-gain, age and back issues.

We have a big family vacation planned for July/August this year that I want to be able to participate in without using a walker/wheelchair. Family is more than willing to push me around but I want to be able to walk so I'm very motivated.... Glacier National Park/Yellowstone/Bryce Canyon/Las Vegas-OR-BUST!!!!!!!!!! B)
  • Mango1960
    Mango1960 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None on MFP but did several at Sparks with Determined Daisies.

What do you like to do for fun? Play computer games, playing cards with my family, read, do puzzles and spend time with my husband.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in a suburb near Minneapolis, Minnesota.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My health and fitness goals for this season is to start to make the scale move in the right direction. I will accomplish this by getting back on track with my eating and exercise.

Anything else you would like to share? I am almost 62, my birthday is coming up later in March. I will be married 8 years in November. We have no children and no pets currently. I am a retired nurse for the last year (hard to believe it has been a year already) I plan to use my spare time to try and get healthy by losing weight and exercising more.
  • Patricia1CR
    Patricia1CR Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Since 2013.

Read, walk, knit, crochet, watch TV, do my own soaps.

Grecia, Alajuela, Costa Rica

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    Create a habit: to eat well. Lose weight.

Have fun. Life is short.
  • Anneboo67
    Anneboo67 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Was On SP for years, so many, here on MFP it's my 3:rd.

What do you like to do for fun? Spending time with my daughter and my dad, and of course visit friends and family in the states! Also, binge watching shows while playing games on my phone :D

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm down south in Sweden, in Malmö, but the closest major city would be Copenhagen, Denmark. (20 min drive across the bridge)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Focus on planning, prepping and portion my food.
    Get back into my schedule of planning on Saturdays and cooking on Sundays

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I believe I have done 4 challenges

What do you like to do for fun? I love photography and helping with our Pride Organization

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Michigan near Kalamazoo called Battle Creek

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My health and fitness goal this season is to lose weigh this time.

Anything else you would like to share? I am the WL for Fit Force and I love it here.
  • Jer2ber
    Jer2ber Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Attempted 1, not so good

Cook, walk, hike, go boating, lift weights, P90X exercises, play with my German Shepherd baby

Indianapolis, Indiana

Eat cleaner, lose weight, get away from sugar and bad carbs, get more cardio and walking in

You all seem so wonderful, just the kind of people I need in my life for success. I’ll be cheering you on too
  • peppikaye
    peppikaye Posts: 4,499 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? - Lots, too many to remember. I was Kayelene on SP and CL of the Cloverleafs team.

What do you like to do for fun? - Read, crafts and play with my grandson :)

What major city do you live in or near? State? - I'm near to Perth in Western Australia

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? - To build muscle and lose some body fat. I need to stay fit and healthy, playing with a 3 year old is exhausting.

Anything else you would like to share? - I would like to thank everyone involved in these challenges for making the transition from SP to MFP a great success.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options

Gardening, hiking, cuddling with my cat and dog

Minnesota

Continue to lose some weight and build up stamina for hiking after a lazy winter 🤣

Let’s make this next challenge count!!!
  • spinkycow
    spinkycow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first one!

What do you like to do for fun? Cook, watch movies, listen to spooky podcasts.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Windhoek, Namibia.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to ease the pain in my joints.

• bevpresley1
    bevpresley1 Posts: 5,284 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think this is #14

What do you like to do for fun? now that I am retired, I hike, bike, kayak, and make quilts.

What major city do you live in or near? State? south east of Birmingham, AL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I do hope to reach my goal weight. I'm 8 pounds away.

Anything else you would like to share? Thanks everyone for your support. With your help I have lost a total of 52 pounds. Just 8 to go and I'm at goal.
  • RevivingRachel
    RevivingRachel Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This is my first on MFP. I've done a few on Sparkpeople.

Read, puzzles, play games, yard work, but only in agreeable weather.

Closest major city is Grand Rapids, MI.

Create some healthy habits and lose weight

Just that I am excited to be here!
  • Lywyn
    Lywyn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A couple on Sp

I like read, sometimes I play pogo games.

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan north of North Dakota.

I aim to increase my walking time. I am also going to start adding chair palates.

I am hoping that I will start to lose again as I've been vasselating around the 250 mark for too many months. I have lost 60 pounds in total.
  • KirstyBabesX
    KirstyBabesX Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    None

Boxing, reading, gaming

Somerset, UK

Overall weight loss while building muscle to achieve a more toned appearance as well as improving my fitness and boxing performance.

I've managed to lose 7.5kg currently, with about 20kg more to go to achieve that 'normal' bmi. Turning 30 in 4 months and want to feel happy with my body.
  • epivan
    epivan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 5

What do you like to do for fun? Cycling, hiking, concerts.

What major city do you live in or near? State? 80 miles from Los Angeles, CA - for a few more months, anyway....

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Cycle 2500 miles in 2022, SoCal Six Pack of Peaks Challenge

Anything else you would like to share? I really appreciate the support and accountability from this group.
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi 👋🏻 I’m Bendiz from Norway. This will be my first 5% challenge. I’m doing this to stay motivated with my workouts and to continue with good choices everyday. My overall goal is to lose some body fat while building strength/muscle. I lost 35 kg’s, but the last belly fat is being a pain in the *kitten* 😌 My goal is to do atleast 3 days of strength training every week and atleast 2 cardio sessions. Getting rid of that last 5% once and for all 👊🏻

For fun I like to play around with web development and play video games 😃
  • Kopsbaby
    Kopsbaby Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many between MFP and SP.

What do you like to do for fun? Camping, swimming, beach and ocean

Near Penn State University in Pennsylvania. Right in the middle of the state.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To eat better and stick to some kind of fitness plan

Anything else you would like to share? Married for nearly 33 years with a blended family of 5 children and 8 grandchildren
  • skaniski26
    skaniski26 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I have done enough that I lost count. This will be my third one on mfp.

What do you like to do for fun? Swim, walk, read, crochet, watch TV,

Pittsburgh, PA
    In Maryland , Hagerstown

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To get stronger and have better balance.