constipation

Options
2»

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    To be honest I just upped my carbs from under 20 to under 40 a day.. Losing just fine and staying in ketosis, plus I can go on the toilet again! :)
    Yes, this. :smile: I aim to keep my carbs under 50g and go in and out of ketosis frequently but I still have the suppressed/normal appetite and blood sugar control. I don't experience any bathroom problems and that small amount of additional carbs allows for more variety -- like enough flour to thicken gravy, beans in my chili and some fruit. Try adding a few more carbs to your diet -- but not too many; you still want your body to be able to slip effortlessly into ketosis when it needs to.
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I take a herbal laxative twice a week.
    I know people say its a no no but it works for me.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    A bit late, but I just saw a video on youtube this morning, tried it and within half an hour it felt like I p**ped the largest turd known to mankind :bigsmile: Just check it out, it doesn't take that long and is so easy to do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N39GIWquhWg

Further I have noticed ab workout make the system going for me.
  • soxanderous
    soxanderous Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was occasionally having problems with this. What I've found helps is just sitting on the throne, relaxing and reading, and doing this everyday. If I go a day without "going" it is more difficult the next day.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I like to be a regular kind of gal so I add a tsp of chia seeds to my protein shakes if I need encouragement.

It keeps me moving, regular and fills me up if I'm really hungry but have forgotten to pack a snack to take to work (I keep a small tupperware tub of chia seeds in the freezer at work and a Donkey Kong-sized barrel of protein powder at my desk to make sure I have food on hand if I'm hungry and then I don't bother buying crap from vending machines or from the coffee shop on the main floor of my building)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I've found that making sure to have a large salad with at least 1 meal per day will keep things moving along. Sometimes, I can be lazy about preparing my fresh veggies & find I might skip a week & will then end up 'waiting around' more than I'd like to :huh:

Metamucil, Konjac root & stuff like that in capsule form don't do much but piss me off :laugh: so I try to get as much fresh veggies as I can stomach.
  • KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like to be a regular kind of gal so I add a tsp of chia seeds to my protein shakes if I need encouragement.

It keeps me moving, regular and fills me up if I'm really hungry but have forgotten to pack a snack to take to work (I keep a small tupperware tub of chia seeds in the freezer at work and a Donkey Kong-sized barrel of protein powder at my desk to make sure I have food on hand if I'm hungry and then I don't bother buying crap from vending machines or from the coffee shop on the main floor of my building)