Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,835 Member
    Options
    3/06
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? πŸ‘πŸ»
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? πŸ‘πŸ»
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? πŸ‘πŸ»

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

February goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,051 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    You managed really well, enjoyed your holiday, and that half a pound will be off in no time. Super job today getting back to it at home. πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸšΆπŸ»β€β™€οΈ @enlightenme3 🌟
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    On Plan: yes, <1000 calories
    Exercise: yes, walked 30 minutes
    Tracker: yes.
  • Sumner100Christ_follower
    Options
    Wednesday
    Exercise: Yes - peloton bike 60 minutes
    Tracked all: Yes
    Calories under: Yes
    (4/3 pass days used)
    I joined this group April 5th, and I am counting April 1-4 as pass days.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Great job today @GrandmaJackie @Lynn__W and @Sumner100Christ_follower 🌟🌟🌟
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Wednesday April 6
    βœ…βœ…βœ…
    84 minutes exercise (two outdoor walks & core work); 8 km; 12,000+ steps

1️⃣ Pass day April 2
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    06/04/2022
    Exercise – yes, bike ride, gym and cardio.
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes

No pass days yet
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    4/6

Exercise: 150 minute
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: over, pass day
    Pass days used: 1
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Weds April 7
    Another pass day - making 3 - I had hoped to make it through the first week at least! But oh well. I at least feel good that none of these pass days have been me going and busting through all the rules. Just technical passes.

Exercise: None. 30 minutes stretching (during a work meeting) - but I had made a rule for myself that stretching alone doesn't count as exercise. My daughter kept me up late the night before and so I slept in and missed my MommaStrong time. Then I was busy at work and it was raining so I didn't go for a walk. Didn't leave the house at all.
    Tracking: Planned the day
    Calories: Followed the plan - under calories

Speaking of eating exercise calories (yesterday's question that I didn't get time to answer) - I made a decision a few months ago to stop counting and eating exercise calories. That works well because I mostly get around the same (small) amount of exercise. But yesterday when I didn't get in any I found myself noticeably less hungry throughout the day than I usually am. And this morning I am seeing a small gain on the scale where I would ordinarily expect a small loss from the calories I ate. I guess the math really does work of counting exercise calories. Still I think for me it definitely averages out and I think it is mentally healthier for me to not count them.

Re: habits, I have not read the book or taken the course and I don't know how this fits in, but I what I have been saying to myself these past few years that allows my good habits is not quite identity based but is "I deserve to do some minimal care of myself" or "I need to ..." or "I will prioritize ..." I think it really is the truth that I am a person who wants to take basic care of myself, but that is so true that I don't need to focus on it. I just am also a person who does well at my job (a job which I think is important work), who meets the needs of others, who takes good care of my family (immediate and extended), who values my friendships and puts time towards that, etc. etc. and I just run out of hours.

What I replaced tracking exercise calories in MFP with is a habit tracker app on my phone. I get to check off MommaStrong, walking, and stretching. Those are the three actual movement habits I am trying to do daily to take care of myself. I've been doing that for a month so far and I like it I think. I really like having the calendar to look back and say "Wow, I've been doing a fairly good job of that!"
  • hopefaithlifts
    hopefaithlifts Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    April 6

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
    0 Pass days
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Ditto! :smile: Revamping my habits in this new way has been interesting and enlightening (as to my thoughts/beliefs behind some habits)!
    @jmu1965 I hope you like the book! The free e-course has a lot of the same great information, too.
    @loopydo2017 Glad you liked the opener and I really think the e-course will be helpful, too!
    @jamcnewman I love those characteristics! James' book/course are really helping me reflect on this.
    @enlightenme3 That is a great one. It articulates some of the reason "organized" is on my list. I have it written as "organized" but it really has a lot to do with daily decluttering and having a home for items. We downsized significantly with our last move and there is still so much that doesn't have it's home yet so it gets shuffled around. I want to put an end to the clutter shuffle! Thanks for sharing :smile:
    @ashleycarole Those are great identity habits! "Intentional choices" really rings true with me, too.
    @Caroline_slowandsteady Thank you for sharing - you are clearly someone who is generous with their time and energy for others!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes stretching and a 30 minute walk
    Within calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Super job getting all three yesterday:
    @lesdarts180
    @ashleycarole86 (and welcome home!)
    @calvin20874
    @DebyS137
    @readnlift
    @888Angie888

Wonderful insights @Caroline_slowandsteady Sounds like it was a very busy day πŸ’
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    ❎❎❎
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    April 6:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, walking around the building at work.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

I'm not doing very good with the new lower daily cal goal! :( Need to get the exercising up a little more as well! I'll get there!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. 1 pass day used for the month
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    @makattack220
    Important post!
    Ever since @themedalist introduced this in our other group, I’ve been a changed person

Thank you!!

βœ…βœ…βœ