Monthly Post for April 2022

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
Happy April everybody!

Here is our new thread. Back soon with a post.

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday too!

Weeee! Yes, it is nice working from home.

Not too much happening here, which is fine by me. I like low key.

Saw your comments on the last thread. Thank you! Hoping today and the next few weeks are better for all of us. Spring is a good time to refocus and for me think about how I will look in a bathing suit soon *screams* and in lighter, warmer weather clothing. :) Thank you for the sock tip, Kate! Going to invest in some thicker socks that don't shift as much!

53 degrees F and cloudy here but better than rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice so we are planning to BBQ chicken thighs on the gas grill. We purchased a smoking box on Amazon for less than $10 USD, that you put wood chips in and then we should get a nice smoky flavor with our food. Much cheaper than a big smoker that stands alone. Will let you know how it works!

Hope you guys have a great day and a great weekend. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Wait! April?! I have too much left to teach! :D

On the plus side, my stomach bug made me fast, so I am feeling better.

I fell asleep after I wrote that! LOL Have a good weekend!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Woah yes April already!

Lol on your weather Kate!

And yes my soup was quite yum! I made it up!!After making bacon one day, I saved the fat in a jar (for Yorkshire pudding for the son) but instead of washing out the pan I deglazed it with some beef stock! All the flavour from the pan is cleaned up with the broth! I kept that in a jar until I was ready to make my soup. It separated in the fridge with some fat solidifying on the top so I used that to sauté my veg in! Just a cup each of tiny diced celery, carrot & onion. Then I added 2 tablespoons tomato paste, 3 large crushed garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp chili flakes, small pinch of thyme, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 reg sized tin of mixed beans, and enough beef broth to make it look like soup, about 3-4 cups , simmer for a bit, then I used my immersion blender for only about 15 seconds to purée a small amount -this made it a bit thicker which is good.. then I added about 4 pieces of cooked bacon diced up small…. S&P to taste!! Viola!! Yum! I also used a combination of beef broth… lower sodium and one that had red wine flavour!! It’s new here but really made a good addition to the soup!!

Hope The bbq chicken went well Meghan.. sounds yum!

I’m super lazy today!! Really should be cleaning but it’s raining and I do t want to do anything! Planning a rotisserie pork shoulder roast tomorrow!! Not sure why I’m cooking up a storm here… must be the weather!! Will use lakanto sugar in my rub!!

Looking forward to a more productive week!!! Ugghhhh….

• KateNkognito
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen That soup sounds wonderful! I hope you have a productive week!

Who has two thumbs and tracked all her food today?! This girl, that's who! Also, I have made my step goal every day for two weeks. That's the first time I've ever done that. AND I helped the stray kid with his Eagle Scout project yesterday and push mowed today. Suddenly feeling some motivation today. Going to ride this and see how it goes.

I hope everyone has a great week! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Loving the vibe here today!! Hope you all had nice weekends.

We love the new smoking box that we purchased for our gas grill. We made chicken thighs cooked slow and low with apple and mesquite wood chips. Had some salad on the side. Yummy! Can't wait to try other items! Warmer weather will be here soon and it will be easier to BBQ without freezing our butts off!

@mamainthekitchen that soup sounds fantastic! Thank you for the recipe.

@KateNkognito way to go on the food tracking! I find that definitely helps me keep accountable.

Our new Assistant is starting later this week, so woo hoo less work and chaos for me soon! Looking forward to that. They hired the lady who I met a few weeks back. I think she will make a nice addition to the office.

Hope you have a good one. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    This was a Monday of a Monday, BUT I have done really well fasting/eating wise. I fasted until lunch, didn't even have my caffeine until then. Then I only ate until 6, staying slightly under my daily calories. Going to do the same thing the rest of the week. Once I am really good at that and my brain gets in the right mood, I will go back to modified ADF. It really does work best for me, weight loss wise. And I really need to lose some weight pronto. I don't fit my clothes. Or ring. Or anything else. Although, I got on the scale and I am down about 4 pounds from the other day. :)

@Meghan509 Glad the smoker box works so well! I am looking forward to grilling more. It makes dinner so much easier. Protein, side, and a salad.

Going to grade papers and get to bed early. Super tired lately.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Been sitting here on this page for quite some time now trying to type and submit a post! LOL

@KateNkognito glad you had a good day yesterday!

Monday was a very low key day. Not a lot of steps or movement. I did stick to my calories pretty well though. In the office today.

Going to keep this short and see you guys soon. Hope you have a great day!!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Another crazy day at work today. Sigh... The good news is I have fasted this AM. I will most likely have my lunch at around 12:30pm or so.

Hope you are all well. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't get home until about 9:30. My son had a track meet. I got lots of steps in and not many calories. I am still doing well at tracking and fasting. :)

Have a lovely rest of the week! Be healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi all!

Awesome job Kate… I know what you mean… getting in the groove takes some drastic measures to kickstart the brain! I need that!!

Good job on fasting too Meghan!

I’ve been super busy with gardening.. huge tree taken out of our yard yesterday… so big they had to come back today! Tomorrow the stump grinder guy comes! Transplanting shade plants to shady area again!

Fasting is not going well… too many other requests in this house… need I say more? >:) Anyhoo…. Gotta run, sleep helps & hopefully more determination to do my own thing tomorrow!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen I get it about the family breaking your fast. It happens. Have fun gardening! I need to get to my flower beds this weekend.

I am still on a roll and down 6 pounds. I should start being able to zip my pants without laying down, soon. :D
    Have a good day! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thursday is okay so far! Yesterday was crazy silly busy, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Going out for lunch today to welcome the new Assistant. Looking forward to that.

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Ahhh how nice Meghan! So glad for you….I hope the new assistant is everything you need!!! Enjoy the lunch out!

Way to be inspiring Kate!! 6 lbs down?? That’s really great!!! I’ve got to keep that in my mind all day!! I know I have no one to blame but myself but it IS easier to blame these people I live with!!!! ;)
    Also, re rings…. Try Windex!! A jewelry staffer once told me that… it works like a charm to get them on or off!!

I’ve had tea so far… but it’s only 10:20.. sigh… :/ gotta keep busy today!!!!

Enjoy the day people!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Working from today. I enjoy being comfy my sweatshirt and leggings!!

Yesterday was crazy busy but good. The new Assistant is really nice and I think she will surely be a good addition to our team! Grateful to have a job where everybody is nice to work with.

Next week I'll be in the office Monday to Wednesday and then home on Thursday and Friday. Our office is not closed on Good Friday unfortunately. :( At least I am home instead of sitting in the office where it is typically crazy dead that day because all of Europe and other locations are closed. Sigh...

Anyone doing anything fun for Easter? We are having my guy's parents over for the weekend. I am going to make a ham and some sides. Looking forward to that.

See you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hallelujah! It's Friday! Managed to do well today, though my inner fat girl is currently screaming for ice cream.

@mamainthekitchen I hope you did well today! I have no idea what changed, but suddenly I am in the right mindset. You will do it when you are ready. :)

@Meghan509 Glad the new assistant is fitting in well and you are enjoying your comfy pants. :) We get a three day weekend and the a sort of fourth. It is an easy professional development day.

Enjoy your weekend, all! I have lots to do tomorrow so I can enjoy Sunday off. Be healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Working with nice people make ALL the difference in the world Meg! Glad the new assistant is joint in well.

Hey Kate … I just bought a sugar free ice cream for my son… it’s amazing! By Chapman’s… not sure if you get that brand down where you are but it’s a really great tasting & creamy ice cream!

I did pretty good yesterday… no logging but I ate low calorie with low carbs. One day at a time!!

Easter plans may be on hold… I’ve got my house decorated, but the daughter just informed us she’s driving to the interior to visit friends… :/ the last 2 years we’ve had no dinner, and I’ve usually made a Turkey, so plans are up in the air so far!

Today I’m hoping to complete a big chore!!! Sort through photos and organize &,label the boxes!!!! Cross your fingers for me!!

Happy Sunday!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!!

Sounds like you ladies are good! Happy to hear it!

Hope you were able to enjoy some guilt free ice cream, Kate!

Hope your plans for Easter work out, Mama.

Weekend was good. Flew by but it was nice. We had an unexpected late lunch / early dinner with friends on Saturday which was fun. We are going with them to the Caribbean next month. Looking forward to that!

Hoping that my BF's Mom is feeling okay for them to join us for Easter this weekend. She has been dealing with rheumatoid arthritis for the last few years and doesn't always feel up for too much. Fingers crossed. We bought most of the food and stuff. Just need to get some fresh veggies later this week.

Hope you have a great day. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, all! Just another manic Monday. Woke up at 3 am with hot flashes. Never got back to sleep. But the day went fast. :)
    Made a nice little dinner that everyone liked. Perfect Pinch steak and chicken seasonings are fantastic. I have been thin slicing strips of chicken or steak and then seasoning them and cooking them with a wee bit of butter. Throw a rice/potato/pasta side and a salad together and dinner is done.

@mamainthekitchen My inner fat girl woul kill me in my sleep if I got sugar free ice cream. She's vengeful. However, she's usually good with a small serving of whatever it is I'm craving. :D Tell those kids of yours they better come home and see their Mama!

@Meghan509 I hope your BF's mom feels up to it. My mother-in-law is 90 and has been slipping lately. Not sure what we are doing for Easter. MIL usually comes over, but we might be taking dinner to her. Husband's sister might be coming down too.

Going to bed early. I am caught up on my grading and planning. That never happens. I think it might be one of the signs of the apocalypse. Just a warning. ;) Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Been sitting on this darn page for a while now, trying to type a response! LOL

Too funny, @KateNkognito I know what you mean about an apocalypse! I kind of feel organized and ready for Easter and house guests and we are still quite a few days out. :o

Hope Tuesday is going well for you all. Same old, same old here. Busy at work but good. Another luncheon today at work. Sigh... One of these days I hope to be able to stick to a healthy WOE for a FULL day. :(

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    The children have gone wild. Storm front, full moon, and spring fever.

I had popcorn and a slim Jim for lunch. Probably going to have tacos for dinner. My nutrition is probably not all it could be, but hey, I won't go over on calories.

@Meghan509 I totally understand the food at work thing. I was talking to someone about how hard it is to lose weight when every teacher appreciation is food related.

Off to teach something. Be healthy!