Divorce Made it Worse

Options
I've always struggled with emotional eating, but it's gotten worse since my separation and divorce. I'd really like to put myself first for once and make myself feel better and healthier. I'm looking for friends that I can motivate and support, who can do the same for me. I'm from Southern California. Add me and come say hi!

Replies

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I tried adding you as a friend but can’t seem to figure that out since they changed the forums. Add me if you can. I’m right next door in sunny AZ. I often log in daily, we can support each other 🤗 Replace the eating with something else just for you. Since your wanting to do more for yourself and work on you. When you feel the emotional craving kick in go for a walk, or have some herbal tea, or paint your nails, or just pace back and forth in front of the pantry sipping water until the urge passes. Finding your triggers will be helpful. I know that if I’m in the kitchen past 8pm I will eat everything, I think I get tired, so I send my self to bed to avoid eating. Find your triggers. Stress is another for me, that’s when I’ll choose a walk. Take care.
  • broadwey21
    broadwey21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to support and encourage anyone who needs it as I think we all do, I'm just starting out on a mammoth journey as I have a lot to lose, divorce and separation is so difficult, my ex got remarried at the weekend and I'm feeling all kinds of out of sorts, but I'm trying not to solve it in the biscuit tin, it's bizarre I don't understand why I feel this way at all as I ended things due to many reasons and I'm with a lovely man who treats me with respect so I don't get it, but I feel it ...

Some mutual friends didn't tag me out of their photos on FB so I've seen it all which I could have done without to be honest. Onwards and upwards
    I've always struggled with emotional eating, but it's gotten worse since my separation and divorce. I'd really like to put myself first for once and make myself feel better and healthier. I'm looking for friends that I can motivate and support, who can do the same for me. I'm from Southern California. Add me and come say hi!

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible friend to have on here. :/ But I hope you find the encouragement and support that will help you through this. Think of it as being empowered to be YOU now. YOU can make your own decisions, do what you want when you want, go wherever the wind takes you, be who you were meant to be.

I lived by myself for a dozen or so years, after being married for 30ish years and felt so empowered by that. Now we're back together and I'm back to what I was before, as a person. I'm just saying there is so much 'out there' for one person, so much to explore and discover, do for themselves, etc. Be YOU and change things the way YOU want them to be!!

Life will get better than it is right now for you. You Will find your way and find happiness, contentment, once again.

Be gentle and kind with yourself during this transition in life though. It takes time to find yourself after such an upheaval in one's life. Good luck!!
  • bamamadeus1
    bamamadeus1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know all to well about emotional eating, especially after a relationship ends. Hurts to the core but dont let them take your happiness. Even if you cant manage to work out cause your in mental pain at least try not to eat as bad. Keep up the hard work yall. :)