April 20-26, 2022

Options
Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
LW/TW: 223.7

Maintaining is not gaining – So YAY! I will take that as a win. With hubby gone last weekend, I thought I did fairly well, until Saturday. My daughter Audrey came over and we ate – not so great. And with it being Easter weekend, and not having bought ANY Easter candy, thought about Rhea coming by on their way home and so we ordered candied apples from Rocky Mountain Fudge Company. Audrey and I split one apple. I attempted to send another at least ½ an apple with Audrey but she slipped out the door without taking the apple I had in the Ziploc for her. BRAT! Sunday, my son texted that Rhea was in meltdown so they weren’t stopping, they were going to push through and just go home, so waaaaaahhh!!! And then Seg didn’t come home until 10:45pm so waaaaahhh…. We’re still eating candied apples….

Way back in 2003 or 2004 I was in an accident and hit at an angle. Ever since, my SL joint slips out just from simply scooting my chair in, or bending. This has happened even when my muscles were nice and strong as well as when they’re weak. I settled for pennies without realizing I was going to need adjustments for life. I saw my primary yesterday for my back. Instead of doing chiro adjustment, we did flex/stretching. Still in pain today, but after icing this morning, I’m hoping to have more mobility. I see him again next Tuesday. Also still taking the Celebrex and muscle relaxers. The Celebrex makes me very thirsty and cotton mouthy. I didn’t take it when I was alone, but I am now that Seg is home. No activity but sitting on ice pads in the recliner.

Working at wrapping up Mom’s estate still….so many little pieces and parts. And it really made me think of our stuff, so now I’m working on wrapping up a living trust for us as well. UGH.

I reached out to my old trainer and touched base. We’ll be talking in the next week or so about coming up with a program. I don’t have the energy to find someone new and I’m hoping we can figure out something. However, her two girls have graduations coming up – one from college and the other from high school and other high school senior stuff. It may be end of May before we have a good schedule, which is ok by me with the other stuff I have going on.

My little brother called last night to let me know that my older step brother was in the hospital as he had a heart attack yesterday afternoon and they installed a stent due to blockage. Their mom nor dad had heart issues, so we’re all thinking weight and stress. He is a banker and apparently his bank had been robbed at gunpoint prior to him arriving, but one of his close co-workers was actually held at gunpoint during the robbery and after he consoled them and calmed them, went into his office. We found out that my brother’s been seeing a cardiologist and had nitro. Drove himself to the hospital when 2 nitros didn’t help. I had texted and reached out to my trainer PRIOR to this phone call, but as we’re all discovering, it’s a scary kind of time right now with struggles and losses. So that’s where we are.

Kelly, I’m glad you didn’t get too much more snow AND that you’re suffering from a good old-fashioned cold. It sounds nice to hear some normalcy. Sorry to hear about the kid’s mom tho. The kid’s hockey stuff sounds fun. Stuff we used to do as kids (but football or kickball, not hockey). Stay focused on your meals and intake. You’re doing WONDERFUL!

Sheesh – yikes!!! I know our shoes break down but the fact you’ve been working out with a fracture for so long. Please heed the dr and keep it easy. Glad to hear everyone is well after your travels. I love my Hoka’s. I didn’t like them when I was “running” or trying to anyway, I felt it took too much pressure to kick off. I LOVE them for general walking and when I’m going to be standing for longer timelines. They feel so supportive and my legs and back don’t hurt after. I love Brooks for my workouts and intense walking and Saucony for the trail. Hubby wants to hit the trail with me, so we may be headed out there sometime soon some super early morning. We’re in summer heat already. The AC is running.

Sarah – EEEK about the fire! Keep up the activity. Great job on getting the burn numbers up!

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Oops . . Lois, I think we stated the new thread at the same time . . sorry.