30 Day Back to Health Challenge

Options

Replies

• Lopeyp
    Lopeyp Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Day 24: Try this recipe:
    Say goodbye to standard pasta noodles and hello to refreshing zoodles with this Zucchini Noodle Primavera. This recipe cuts down on carbs while bringing in some of our favorite summer flavors.

Or you can substitute pasta for vegetable noodles.

- I am going to be away for a few days so take a break and have a good weekend. We'll finish this up when I return.
  • janeem1
    janeem1 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Have a nice weekend and enjoy the break :-)
  • ruthe_51
    ruthe_51 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Had a shared meal last night. No alcohol.
  • kde490
    kde490 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I ate zucchini and lots of other green vegetables - spinach, cucumber, brussel sprouts, avocado.
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Day 25: Get enough sleep:

Get enough sleep: This one is easier said than done, but there are some serious health benefits to catching enough zzz’s. To help you practice good sleep hygiene, set a bedtime routine and stick with it. Set boundaries with technology and food before bed to help you fall asleep better and feel refreshed in the morning.
  • ruthe_51
    Options
    I do have a regular time I go to bed and get up but am flexible when I need to be.
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Day 26: Opt for whole grains:
    The Dietary Guidelines for Americans suggest making sure that at least half of the grains you eat each day are whole grains. Enjoy some oatmeal for breakfast, or a quinoa salad for lunch. Maybe swap out white rice for brown rice at dinner. Whole grains are packed with fiber and nutrients to help keep you more full for longer, and definitely deserve a space on your plate.
  • ruthe_51
    Options
    Wish I read this before breakfast! ;) I did have whole grains in my cereal but I would have done the oatmeal thing.
  • janeem1
    Options
    I use whole grains a lot in my meal planning. I love oatmeal for breakfast.
    I also try to set a regular bed time routine.
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Day 27: Treat yourself:
    Allow yourself some wiggle room in your plan to treat yourself occasionally. Whether it is a better-for-you twist on a classic treat or simply something you are craving, giving yourself flexibility is key to long term success.
    🍕
  • ruthe_51
    Options
    Without that flexibility I never could have made it as far as I have.
  • kde490
    Options
    I also have a regular bedtime. I had steel-cut oats with dates, banana, and walnuts for breakfast today. Flexibility is an easy one.
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Day 28: Plan healthy snacks:
    Get ahead of hunger and save on money and time by planning out healthy snacks in advance. Having snacks like mixed nuts, veggies and hummus or fruit and cheese slices ready in advance will also make the healthy choice the easy choice, especially on busy days.

Typically, I eat hard-boiled eggs and nuts.
  • ruthe_51
    Options
    I like to have fruit available for snacks. I love nuts but I tend to eat too much of them.
  • janeem1
    Options
    one of my favorite snacks is fat free plain yogurt mixed with fruit and granola
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Day 29: Try this recipe:
    Salads don’t get much more comforting than our Spinach Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes, White Beans & Basil. Packed with vegetables, fresh herbs and filling beans, this will become a weeknight go-to.
  • ruthe_51
    Options
    Here's a reminder to check announcements. I have a Bingo challenge beginning Wednesday. Get your cards ready!
  • kde490
    Options
    I snack on cheese, nuts, and carrots.

Bingo card ready.
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Last but not least............ Day 30: Add vegetables:
    Vegetables are the cornerstone of a healthy eating pattern, and adding them to what you already eat can help you boost your daily intake. Add spinach to smoothies or onions and peppers to tomato sauce, or make a side salad to pair with your meal for a delicious veggie boost.

See everyone at bingo!
  • ruthe_51
    Options
    Thanks, Diane, for giving us those food tips. Many were more reminders than new info but reminders very much needed.