May 28

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    Hi, all you Saturday people. The weekend is under way.

Live each moment completely. Fully enjoy the wonder and the beauty of each moment, and let the future take care of itself.

👍🏻 Have a great day👌🏻
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,747 Member
    edited May 2022
    The topic for today is water. Do you purposely drink a certain amount of water or set a goal to do so, or do you just naturally drink per your thirst.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,667 Member
    28/05/2022
    Exercise – yes, bike ride, and cardio.
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes

I don't set a goal for water and I don't track my intake. I think there is a lot of misunderstanding about water intake. Fluid intake is important but all fluids count including the fluids in your food, coffee, tea etc.
    I drink when I’m thirsty and plain water is my preferred drink during the day. I have a hot lemon first thing in the morning, one coffee after breakfast and another after lunch. I drink water with meals.
  • SummerSkier
    ✅✅✅ a quiet day on the UAC I see. I agree with you Lesley but I know that some folks set significant goals for water and feel like it helps them to lose weight and keep their systems moving.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited May 2022
    ✅✅✅ 2️⃣ pass days left

There are lots of myths about drinking water. I follow medical advice, which includes all fluids. I drink herbal tea first thing, and decaf tea/coffee or water with/after meals. I drink water when I feel thirsty and have extra water if I eat out, or have something extra salty. My MD advises checking the colour of your pee. If it is pale straw coloured, then you are getting more than enough fluids.

@lesdarts Well done on the 3 yeses. I thoroughly agree with you on water intake.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    yes x 3
    6 pass days used
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,174 Member
    Saturday

yes x3
    0/3 pass days used
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,456 Member
    I try to drink more water on a regular basis there are times I am not so diligent. But I know that various foods and other beverages count.

Todays exercise was pool opening and tai chi tracked and logged
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    May 28th.
    Exercise - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Calories - Yes
    3/3 pass days used
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 970 Member
    May 28th
    Exercise- Yes -no formal workout but had 31 minutes of activity according to my FitBit. Chores and playing with grandkids.
    Tracking and Calories Yes.
    I drink 32 oz of water in the morning and by the end of the day, I have had at least 80 ounces. After being in the hospital a couple of months ago with a severe UTI I monitor the color of my urine. I enjoy my coffee in the morning and drink herbal iced tea in the afternoon. I have been adding Crystal Lite drink mixes to my water
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited May 2022
    ✅ Exercise: 30 minutes swimming, 30 minutes walking
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 passdays used ( )

I drink 2 glasses of water shortly after waking, an extra glass of water mid morning and after workouts, and after that generally it is to thirst. When I am drinking my resistant starch shake I have to push myself to consume more water--- it has so much fiber that more fluids are needed to avoid constipation. For a long time I have paid attention to the color of my pee as described above by Terri, but I still need to add more water to avoid problems when my fiber and resistance starch consumption is very high.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    edited May 2022
    5/28
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30

May goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited May 2022
    3x yes

I drink a few glasses of water each day but find it boring. I prefer flavored sparkling water and more recently I've been making fruity teas to put over ice. Mostly because I moved to a place that doesn't pickup your recyclables (we have to take them to a center ... so backwards in my opinion) so I'm trying to cut down on the number of cans I open.

I actually thought about buying a soda stream so I could make my own sparkling water and then add citrus to it but after reading the reviews it seems like they don't work all that well.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    I drink the water recommended as a minimum by my nephrologist, but I find that aligns with my natural thirst

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 57 minutes walking, 80 minutes hiking the Grouse Grind Trail or what they call nature's stairmaster
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 4

I track water but not because I think it's critical to my weight loss, but because I used to just drink very little of it before and it keeps me mindful to stay hydrated. I like it now and would drink it fairly naturally but I feel better knowing I've hit 64 oz.
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    Sat 28
    Exercise: hiking around the sleepaway camp my daughter is going to attend for the first time, on a tour. She is really excited about it now! I am so excited too.
    Tracking: Planned the day - though not until right before lunch - but I did!
    Calories - Followed the plan

I drink to thirst but I just naturally like to drink a lot of water. I also drink herbal tea throughout the day and now that it's hot some seltzer. I've had people comment before that maybe I drink too much water, so I have never focused on it even though I've seen that advice. I don't drink any caffeine or soda and very little alcohol.

@LazyBlondeChef we have not a soda stream but one from Hamilton Beach (fizzini) that we've had since 2015 and it works very well. I also just heard advertisement for the "sparkel" on a podcast and that sounds interesting. It is pretty fun to be able to fizz your own water. And that's annoying about your recycleable situation.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    Yes x3
  • Maggie_MJ
    Maggie_MJ Posts: 654 Member
    Limit daily caffeine, seldom have alcohol or soda. Drink minimum 3 cups of water daily and supplement with Sodastream.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • SummerSkier
    Dang… Now I am reminded of the soda thermos looking thing we had when I was a child in the early 70’s. It had co2 cartridges which you used to carbonate the drinks. Such a strange memory out of the blue.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    Pass day. I think I am up to 7.
    Water? I drink 5-7 cups a day-just part of my routine. Even easier when exercising