May 5

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    edited May 2022
    I rather like the "ninja sneak-attack" approach to increasing general-activity (over and above the UAC tracked "20 minutes intentional activity-exercise of choice".) TRY to be "inefficient" through your day. Take extra trips to carry in a load from the car instead of carrying in all bags in one go; use the farther-away bathroom; squats or leglifts (or laps around the kitchen island or practice balancing on one foot holding on the the counter) while waiting for the microwave to finish reheating the coffee. Etc Etc. The amount burned is too small to track, yet a mini-burn is still a burn and adds up over a month or a year. The magic of compound interest!

For the not-putting food-in-mouth bit .... do you maybe have / could you try a hobby where sticky or greasy hands would be counter productive? Any hand craft (knitting / crocheting / mending or sewing); most artsy-crafts be it some kind of cutting, or pasting, or assembly ... scrap-booking, jigsaw puzzles lego or 5D diamond painting ...

Or alternatively something where your hands are GONNA be dirty in a way where you wouldn't want to be also handling food (gardening, chopping & piling wood, something in woodworking where there is plenty of sawdust involved, or mechanical where there might be machine oil etc)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    I'm writing this while away in my motorhome ...

I know from your intro that your starting point is somewhere in the "SW of the UK" .... where are you motorhoming to? I got on a train in Hampshire and traveled to Cornwall - Penzance & Land's End once, years ago. Anywhere around there?
  • atoina
    atoina Posts: 35 Member
    @BMcC9 I'm in North Devon, between Barnstaple and Ilfracombe. Only 3 nights then back home to Somerset. It's less than 2 hours driving time but feels like a proper holiday, very peaceful here.

I'm not far from you but crossing the Bristol channel. I'm from Cardiff.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,711 Member
    edited May 2022
    atoina wrote: »

I'm not far from you but crossing the Bristol channel. I'm from Cardiff.

I haven't been to Cardiff for years but I have relatives in Monmouthshire. We had a holiday in West Wales last year and we're going to a campsite near Rhyader* in a few weeks time.
    Did I spell that right? On the river Wye.

• Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,171 Member
    @lesdarts180 I will put the treat/snacks outside in the garage fridge. That way they are not calling me every time I open the fridge or cupboard. I am making progress on not eating my husband's and daughter's snacks although 3 weeks ago I ate everyone's treats before they had a chance to taste it themselves (*mental head slap*)... But overall I am much better at resisting.

Yes x 3 today for me.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,529 Member
    edited May 2022
    Tracked and logged walked at lunch almost 3mph trying my hand at some race or speed walking depending on which one you prefer. I worked on leg length and arm form today my son thinks I nuts walking around the house that way, I thought since I don’t run just maybe this could be fun.

I stay away by doing some dirty outdoor work or playing guitar no one wants smudges on the fretboard.
  • snowshoe072
    @lesdarts180 nice opener made me think a bit. Love that you are always off on an adventure!

@TerriRichardson112 good plan for snacking.
  • snowshoe072
    @ideas2 interesting that you mentioned eating at the table I wonder how many of us eat elsewhere in the house I know I usually eat in the living room to watch the news.