I'm new!

Options
texastapdancer
texastapdancer Posts: 20 Member
edited April 2022 in Social Groups
Hi y'all! I'm new to MFP and I'd love to find a few new friends. I'm a former member of WW and I just needed a change, so here I am! I'd like to lose about 30 lbs. I lost 40 with WW, then gained 20 back because...life, and I'm human. ๐Ÿ˜
I'm a stay at home mama of 3 littles (4, 6, 7). Yep, you read that right. I started a bit late.๐Ÿ˜Ž I really want to be healthy for my family and be able to play with the kids for as long as possible. I love being active and I exercise 7 days a week, in one form or another. My favorite is dancing. I'm a tap dancer (obviously...my username probably gave that away). I also enjoy strength training, but that is on a little hiatus due to tendonitis. Apparently it can last up to 12 months. I swear when I turned 40, things just started falling apart. ๐Ÿ˜‚
I'm also a crafter so if there are any crafters here, we probably have something in common. ๐Ÿ˜
Please feel free to add me if you'd like an accountability partner or even just a friend to chat with.

Replies

• Italianma7
    Italianma7 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would love a motivation partner. I'm 44 and it's been rough the past few years. I really need to get back into fitness. Not only for my physical but mental health. I'll send you a friend request.
  • texastapdancer
    texastapdancer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Italianma7 I just got this message because I haven't figured out how to use this site yet. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I am not sure how to add people or I would add you. ๐Ÿ˜
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hi. I sent you both a friend request. Trying to get back at it. Get sidetracked very easy. 4 months into a full house Reno. Really want to be able to start doing BOD workouts but my house is upside down. So been walking and jogging. At least getting my steps in. I will be 45 in august. My goal was/is to get down to 145 by then. So have around 17 lbs to lose. (I have 2 kids 14 and 16)
  • johnsorj
    johnsorj Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ Fellow "geriatric" mom! I couldn't believe that when I would go for my prenatal visits! I'm a Texas native (live in Virginia now). Would love to connect! Not sure how to 'friend' but I'll see if I can figure it out. I work full-time, so my schedule is tight. That just means that I'm focused mostly on nutrition right now, and working to incorporate exercise as the girls get older and don't require constant attention (3 and 5). Nice to meet you!
  • grlmunk
    grlmunk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 30-35 lbs. left to lose. If you are still looking for motivational friends I could really use some. I keep losing and then gaining 5 lbs back. canโ€™t seem to stick to my plan.
  • heatherdpaulick
    heatherdpaulick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the party! I am struggling with my weight loss at the moment. I started with MFP in April, SW was 200lbs, CW is 182.8โ€ฆI canโ€™t seem to get out of the 180โ€™sโ€ฆI will gain and lose, gain and loseโ€ฆmy GW is 150. I would love some accountability buddies to take this journey with me.