WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hi all...
    So @Jugar I could not find the batteries to my scale, I know I bought a 4 pack last time I had to replace them, so there are 2 tiny little batteries somewhere in my house.... I ordered more, they will be delivered today. So I will weigh in tomorrow, although I already know it will be a bad one... I am just having a hard time depriving myself... It's not even depriving... it's being healthy, and my brain and heart know this, but my hands and mouth have different ideas... Anyway, I am not giving up.

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy That reminds me that I should make sure I have some backup batteries... I don't remember ever changing the battery in my scale, but that can't be right (LOL) or else it's otherwordly in how efficient it is

I think there's a lot of good in weighing in despite it being "good", as long as you can manage your feelings around it. I think some studies suggest just the act of self-monitoring even if it's not doing what you want is really helpful. You are here, checking in regularly, and that's great. Focus on what you can implement on a small scale to move you towards where you want to be, and I think you'll be finding great success.
  • ashleycarole86
    edited May 2022
    Options
    5/22 exercise
    7470 steps

I could have gone out for another walk after our evening boat ride to hit 10K, but I got into a nice conversation with Brad (that involved cake) and it got too late.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    It's a holiday here in Canada, so we get to see our son a bit and hang around outdoors with the people who are usually at work :smiley: It also is really cool out after quite a hot/humid spell, so it's garden time! Got to plant a bed or two today, and trim down the remaining winter rye before it takes over the universe.

The discipline/motivation/self-sabotage discussion is a timely and useful one. It is ridiculously easy to slide around in there and struggle with the right balance of rules, kindness to oneself, the form of that kindness, and all the slippery things. For those of you who feel stuck at the moment, one glimmer of hope is that sometimes what starts as a rule that is hard to stick to becomes a pleasure. Of course, not all of them make that lovely transformation, but hang on to the fact that some of them do and keep experimenting. I used to hate forgoing my evening tipple and now celebrate non-drinking days with a good session on the exercise bike while watching an exciting episode of something I enjoy. I am so proud and happy when I do that, so now the drink-skipping has become "yay! I get to cycle and watch something tonight!". I never thought that would happen - and I have seen it happen with other team members over the years as well. Keep trying new ways to make your own rules so that they grow into a source of pride and pleasure. You can still leave some days NOT to follow it, as long as they are in the minority you're golden!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @DD265 everything you mentioned from your session hits the mark for me. I'm excited for employer-sponsored healthcare again so I can start going to therapy and discussing my bingeing with a professional. (Ah, American healthcare... >:) )

The heat certainly broke - I took a 45 min walk this morning and it was about 64 degrees out and SO perfect. Really comfortable, so I think I am going to try to set my hammock up on the grass outside and do my reading and journaling out there.

I'm on track for that "one perfect day." I didn't sleep perfectly but I was up at 8am, had my breakfast, took that walk, did about 1.5 hours of vacuuming (hello spring cleaning!), had lunch, did yoga, and a workout. I just iced my foot and I'll be able to elevate a little bit in the hammock. I still have to work on my resume and do a little more meal prep this afternoon before swinging into a healthy planned dinner.

I took a peek at the scale and tomorrow might not be pretty for weigh-in but I'm still trying to turn the boat around.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,495 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's... Another new member heading your way .. Please welcome @ametoyer1969 :)
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Welcome @ametoyer1969 ... looking forward to getting to know you!!

@Kali225 Some hammock time sounds so lovely... especially for your foot!! But I love lounging in a hammock.. great relaxation
  • jugar
    Options
    It felt good to get out in the somewhat soggy garden today - thunderstorms have been frequent lately and it is mighty wet. The beds themselves are fine, though, and after tonight's cool descent to 4C (39F) I'll get the carrots and maybe some other stuff planted tomorrow. The lettuces, kale, and arugula are coming along slow but sure. Tomatoes and all are waiting for warmer soil... I can't wait for those amazing salads straight from the garden :yum:

It also feels good to get back to my Pilates and kettlebells after a couple of weeks off - amazing how fast the muscle tone slips, though, in spite of plenty of walking and horse riding. :grimace:

@PlaneMonkey is your power back? I sure hope so! It is still bad in some areas.

So, it is time for the usual daily update - who is due?
    @Gidgitgoescrazy (hope your battery is working!)
    @MoonlitMuse (hope I didn't miss yours if you posted)
    @Kali225

Thanks!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Monday, Monday. I've gotten more steps in today than in ages because I walked the mile to and from work and also did some pool exercise. I'm loving the job and getting ready to take a week-long intensive seminar in June. Keeping up with drinking water & electrolytes has helped. It's also interesting to see how my body is adapting to the more humid work environment. I can almost see the yellow sponge-like layers of adipose tissue (sounds nicer than fat) surrounding my internal organs. Time to get some of *that* knocked down. I'm ready!
    My food choices have been better and having a chance to be around others during the day is helping my mood stability in wonderful ways!
    Onwards! This week, I plan to add two days of aquarobics to my schedule (6 a.m. at work...with a small group - yeah!) and work towards selling my car. I intend to replace it with an e-bike so I can more easily get to work and the local store while getting more exercise.
    I'll be on maintenance sometime in the future if I keep this up. If nothing else, I feel empowered to make more changes.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Still no power here and likely not for awhile. Went for a wander and discovered a downed tree on the hydro lines on a parallel street to us. It only affects 39 houses out of the 5200 homes still without power in our municipality so we are likely low on the priority list.

I have definitely gotten my steps in carrying jugs of water up the 46 steps from the lake to use for dishes and toilet flushing. My motivation to keep my portion sizes and booze consumption under control this weekend was strong lived until the power went out but I've been so busy most days that I probably burned most of the excesses off. I will try not to keep using the lack of electricity as an excuse to misbehave! 🤣

• jugar
    Options
    Monday, Monday. I've gotten more steps in today than in ages because I walked the mile to and from work and also did some pool exercise. I'm loving the job and getting ready to take a week-long intensive seminar in June. Keeping up with drinking water & electrolytes has helped. It's also interesting to see how my body is adapting to the more humid work environment. I can almost see the yellow sponge-like layers of adipose tissue (sounds nicer than fat) surrounding my internal organs. Time to get some of *that* knocked down. I'm ready!
    My food choices have been better and having a chance to be around others during the day is helping my mood stability in wonderful ways!
    Onwards! This week, I plan to add two days of aquarobics to my schedule (6 a.m. at work...with a small group - yeah!) and work towards selling my car. I intend to replace it with an e-bike so I can more easily get to work and the local store while getting more exercise.
    I'll be on maintenance sometime in the future if I keep this up. If nothing else, I feel empowered to make more changes.

Now THAT is some power! Go my sister go!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Last check in for Sun-Sat exercise steps
    @micki48 @jugar not sure if you were taking the week off with your travel?
    If I have them tomorrow, great.. if not I'll go ahead with the report as is :)

Not getting to bed early enough - but food is prepped for tomorrow! Enjoy the day
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi WA's ...You have a new member joining your amazing team ... Please welcome @JessiBelleW :)
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    So put new batteries in the scale, and it was painful !

PW - 179 - Which obviously wasn't correct
    CW - 185.2

Kinda makes sense, when I started keeping track I knew my clothes fit more like I was somewhere close to my highest weight of 192 - but the scale kept saying high 170s...

Anyway, this was a real kick in the pants... Maybe just what I needed...
  • jugar
    Options
    Quick before it's too late! Sorry @ashleycarole86 - steps for last week:

8848 (guess which day was rainy as heck?)
    5935 (dreaded travel day)

I didn't count any other stuff, and the riding I did was not terribly strenuous - thank you Jasper for not taking off, bucking, or any of the other crazies that 3 year-olds sometimes do!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

@conleywoods sorry to hear about the difficulties at school - poor kids! It is hard enough when changing teachers late in the year, but when they are not treated well or are not treating the kids well, that sounds pretty desperate. I'm sure your OH will help put things back on the right footing. Hugs!

@Gidgitgoescrazy consider your pants kicked!
    zhlrdr8qmxrp.png

Welcome @JessiBelleW ! We look forward to getting to know you :smiley: If you have any questions, fire away. I hope you'll enjoy our team of lovely people.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    HI WA's another new member joining your wonderful team ..Please welcome @JEB03253 :)
This discussion has been closed.