Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Greetings Friends! Sunday weigh in:

PW - 186.7
    CW - 186.7

Treading water, but not going up. I'll take it!
  • YinxFed
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 And here are my exercise and steps stats from last week:

Sun - 3136
    Mon - 6381 / 31 mins HIIT (GrowithJo)
    Tues - 2155
    Wed - 4022
    Thur - 8094 / 21 mins Yoga
    Fri - 2752 / 26mins Cardio Legs, Shoulders & Abs (SELF Spring 2022 Challenge - Day 1)
    Sat - 7200 / 26 mins Yoga

Hmmm - This week I have to focus on WALKING! I can't understand my current block with this simple, vital, habit.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Exercise:
    5/20: 6922 steps + 46 minutes Peloton
    5/21: 11004 steps + 10 minutes strength
  • YinxFed
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Friends!

So now that I have finished Caroline Girvan's Epic 2 program, I am on to something else. I did consider going back and completing Heather Robertson's 12 Week program, (Version 2), but instead decided to go with SELF's Spring 2022 Challenge, which I've just discovered.

Last week I did Day 1, and I enjoyed it. It was a cardio bodyweight workout, but I felt good afterwards. Other than that I also discovered how much I missed - and needed - yoga in my life. Plus a realisation that I need to seriously up my regular walking habit. I don't understand myself!

Here's my workout schedule for the coming week:

Monday - SELF Spring Challenge 2022 (SSC22) - Day 2
    Tuesday - Yoga
    Wednesday - Forest walk
    Thursday - Yoga
    Friday - SSC22 - Day 3
    Saturday - Yoga

AND 2 additional walks on top of my forest walk on Wednesday.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

q2pps8e12ys4.png
    dycs4x156v7l.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    huq8df3e1dem.png

By Pounds
    tlcelalb68gi.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    dxxniw3buykc.png

By Pounds
    rskvvcoc5zyn.png
    ar8fn0fic47e.png

Team Winners
    n2cd9m58hrbl.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Congratulations to our top 3! Well done @conleywoods @EvMakesChanges and @MoonlitMuse :heart:

All of our losers for this past week deserve a pat on the back --
    @MoonlitMuse
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @PlaneMonkey
    @EvMakesChanges
    @eggfreak
    @kellie_erin

WTG!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Agreed, great job motivating the team
    jugar wrote: Β»
    Congratulations to our top 3! Well done @conleywoods @EvMakesChanges and @MoonlitMuse :heart:

All of our losers for this past week deserve a pat on the back --
    @MoonlitMuse
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @PlaneMonkey
    @EvMakesChanges
    @eggfreak
    @kellie_erin

WTG!

Agreed, great job motivating the team!

Welcome back @jugar ... bet you're missing your daughter after a long day of travel. Glad you had such a fantastic time.

The warmth has come to Alberta today. The sun is out, there is very little breeze, and it's time to put the pontoon boat in the water! Woot woot! We have had a series of mishaps (sorta story of our lives... lol) but it looks like we'll be able to get it done.

We bought a two person kayak but we haven't been able to get it out here.. we thought we could install the carrier easily and we had some challenges. Neither of us are handy - lol!

I am feeling the "woot let's party" vibe of being at the trailer. A little bit of drinking.. which then makes the day hard as it sucks up so many calories.

What can ya do? I'm still sticking in it and that's the most important thing!

My weight has been steadily averaging in my intended maintenance range for the last two weeks - but the fluctuations have been anywhere from 161.8 to 167. This last weigh in was just outside the range I plan to switch to maintenance in, so I'm resetting my two week timer - I want to weigh in with the team two weeks in a row in my desired weight range before I officially switch to maintenance. It's odd because I'm not really eating at a deficit anymore - a slight one but nothing significant, and it feels no different. Even though I have extra calories, I don't feel like anything has changed. I was prepared for this feeling and I suppose it's good I was because I haven't had any major "oh wow look at all the extra calories I have now" moment.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up on reading.

May certainly feels like it got away from me. I also have to face that although I started 2022 thinking (as I have since 2019..), "this will be the year I reach a goal zone/lose the weight", with gaining weight continually from January until now, that simply isn't possible anymore. If I can get disciplined again (loving the conversation on that vs motivation, because I struggle so much with motivation!), end of next year or about 18 months, seems more reasonable. I still have this wedding in November that I am looking forward to and want to feel more comfortable in my skin by then.

So what am I going to change this week? I have my meals planned out, including a baked chicken thigh dinner for most nights with a lemon/rosemary/garlic/dijon marinade. I got the 100 calories bags of skinny pop as my afternoon snack. I think, fingers crossed, that my foot is actually on the mend and I can push my walks to ~45 min each day.

I'm going to stop letting myself take any naps during the day. This has been an unfortunate side effect of being unemployed, and it messes up my sleep. I know myself and starting the morning right is basically the MOST important step if I am going to stick to the plan during the day, and the naps lead to sleeping in.

I also think I am going to join the Planet Fitness that is less than a 15 min drive. It's so cheap and the access to indoor cardio machines as it gets hot (93 degrees today haha STAYING INSIDE, thank you!) or rainy will be so convenient. And I can use the bikes/ellipticals for lower impact on my foot. Ultimately, I do want to start lifting but that's a bit down the line.

@YinxFed congrats on Epic 2!!! I feel the exact same way about yoga. I was in such a good pattern from April 2020 - March 2021 with a semi-daily practice and I want to get back to it. My hips and upper back especially feel so much less flexible.

This week should be a little cooler with some rain come Thursday, thank goodness. I was not prepared for this heat. It does motivate me to get going, since it would be so much more comfortable to wear shorts and I have not owned a pair of shorts in about 4 years....I used to be really proud of my legs and I want to get back to that!

happy sunday team!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to our registration for June ...Please encourage friends or share the link to join our awesome team ...Thanks :)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865076/registration-for-new-members-june-2022#latest
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Severe thunderstorms came through Saturday afternoon and we have been without power since. We have a generator but we haven't set up the electrical connections in the house yet so we were at the hardware store when it opened Sunday morning and bought everything we thought we would need. 4 hours later we go to plug it in only to realize that the cord plug doesn't match our generator receptacle. Cue eyeroll. Being without power is exhausting. There is not enough coffee!!

Most of the neighbours are reconnected so hopefully it will happen for us soon.

@jugar did you make it back ok? Fare ok in the storm?

Needless to say my food diary will be cold cereal and bbq'd foods for the next bit...
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 12,991
    30 min strength
    Mon 12,901
    15 min elliptical
    Tues 7,711
    Wed 11,523
    Thurs 11,504
    Fri 13,688
    Sat 8,221
  • jugar
    Options
    Wild weather indeed @PlaneMonkey - luckily I was only mildly delayed for my mildly rocky landing yesterday. Today we had a quick violent storm that brought the temperature down by 12 degrees in no time flat. That's more in Fahrenheit - from about 78 to 58 in 20 minutes! I hope your power comes back soon.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am finally feeling better. I did my first workout today and it went well...but a few hours later, my shoulder really started to bother me!

Who said they did 80 Pbession before? I did read that comment when I was sick, but I didn't respond and now I can't remember! I just wanted to say I have done Phase 1 and 2, but I have always quot before 3. I have workout ADHD. Also, I don't use the supplements either, I just really like the workouts. I have been doing them so long, I have several sets of DVD! Several of my friends have switched to Pelton, but I don't think I will..

Tomorrow is Kindergarten Graduation, which is special no just because I am a teacher, but because Jonas, baby #3, is graduating!!! This is my last week of work. I will try to do better with keeping up with everyone.
  • jugar
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I think you have nailed it - workout ADHD :D It seems that @YinxFed and @kali225 and probably loads of us can relate! A big part of sticking with exercise is varying things as we go, I'm sure. Adjust by season, by time of life (or month!), by mood, whatever it takes - just don't sit back and do none.

Now that I am back home, I am planning my workouts for this week too -

every day - Pilates at least 15 minutes
    every evening but 1 - exercise bike
    MWF - something strengthy

I'll miss the horseback riding of this past week or so, but the garden is out there shouting at me for attention :grimace: It isn't as fun, but it will do!

@ashleycarole86 welcome to the maintenance fringe! You're settling in - and it is true, it does not feel that different from the losing phase, just a bit more even. I think it is awesome that our team will soon have the most people on maintenance :smiley:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ..You have a new member heading your way ...Please welcome @CarolAnnM2 :)
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Sorry to hear you were affected by those crazy storms yesterday. Brad has friends in Ontario who were without power as well... sounds like it was something else. I feel for you with the generator story.. all that work and not the result you wanted!

@KellyBgetsfit Kindergarden graduation for your guy - how fun! Enjoy the celebration and the wind down at work. A well deserved break is just around the corner!

@CarolAnnM2 Welcome to this great group of people.. we are so happy to have you! Tell us a bit about yourself and how we as a team can support you!
  • jugar
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Our select list of Monday and remaining Sunday weigh-ins:
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @MoonlitMuse

Thank you Vikki and Ashley for getting our final week of May rolling on :smiley:

Welcome aboard @CarolAnnM2 - if you want to update your Monday weigh-in please feel free to post it here. Otherwise, next Monday will be your first. If you have any questions or need anything, don't hesitate to ask - I hope you'll enjoy our team.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Welcome @CarolAnnM2 :)

I've just caught up on last week's posts and the motivation/discipline thing is really interesting.

I had my second BED therapy session last week and our focus is actually low self-esteem, but it all ties in together. We've been talking about 'rules'; the 'if I'm perfect, I won't have to feel like X' and the all-or-nothing mindset. Plus there's the whole beating yourself up over breaking a rule thing, which in my case often leads to binge eating, and there's a cycle going on with that which is very difficult to get out of. When you break a rule, you end up putting more rules around it so you don't break it again, until you end up holding yourself to completely unattainable standards. Ahem.

I feel like those rules are what we use for discipline, so they need to be reasonable, but also we need to be allowed to break them, without all the negative self talk that comes with that. Maybe they shouldn't be 'rules' but 'guidelines'. I've yet to learn how I can be disciplined without being too rigid!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to June πŸ˜ƒ
This discussion has been closed.