WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    This is a seriously inspiring team.
    YinxFed wrote: »
    So I plan to cut back on carbs, eat more veggies, drink lots more water and walk more.
    Sounds like a pretty perfect plan to me!
    Kali225 wrote: »
    For the past several months I have been approaching my weigh-in day as "this is the day to cheat because you have the most time to make up for it before the next weigh-in." This thinking was predicated on the idea that I was going to binge at some point, so better to get it out of the way. It was also any easy way out. Once I started bingeing, the all-or-nothing thinking kicked in, and then it was time to give up because I had already ruined the week.

But these things are in my control. I've got about 100lbs to lose ahead of me. And yes, I am going to binge at some point. I'm going to have bad days. Cheat days. Vacations, family parties. But the habits can be broken.

Oh man, that is the familiar pattern. I still do this even in maintenance! But then the "free" days spread... Thanks for the reminder that these things are in our control. They are! And habits can be broken. Yes.
    And I have a 40 minute easy run on the schedule tonight but I'm still kind of sore from Sunday's run. Pray the gods of muscle fatigue take it easy on me :D
    Yes, please! I have been inspired by @Gidgitgoescrazy to get back to my strength and Pilates workouts, and it is making me sore! May your prayers be effective...
    @ashleycarole86 So I'm really torn on the Calgary Stampede. I've been told my (almost) 15 year old wannabe-cowboy would love it since we're only a few hours away from there, BUT I've also ready atrocious things about the treatment of animals there and since I'm the crazy (but not quite PETA level) animal person, I've shunned the idea of going. What are your thoughts on it?
    Because my daughter is involved with horses and knows many rodeo people, I can at least somewhat reassure you that the animals are treated well, and if they have made it to this level of competition, they are extremely well taken care of and actually enjoy it. I think some of the news of cruelty is based on misunderstandings. One example - the rear cinch on the horses' saddles does NOT touch their sensitive parts at any time, and is quite loose. It prevents the saddle from bouncing on their backs which is much more of a problem. It helps them. I agree that the chuck wagon races have caused some scary moments, but generally they are conducted in the safest way possible. Vet checks happen with every event, before (for equipment violations) and after (for animal condition). When the animals are not showing (which is most of the time), they are grazing and being well tended. I think you can enjoy the show without too much worry. Talk to some participants and see what they say. I know that showing in all kinds of disciplines is not a normal activity, but animals adapt to being athletes the way humans do and I have certainly experienced horses loving that and showing off with great pleasure.

My office today has been lovely:
    my7wqx8nf1t6.jpg

One row planted, the rest still sporting their "green manure" winter rye soon to be turned over. More planting to come! Today the compost got turned over too, which is a heckuva job. I'm taking it easy tonight!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Happy Tuesday!
    Wow. Two days of work in a row. Wild times! I like having shorter days as a part time worker. I haven’t worked since March 17, 2020.
    @jugar I’m interested in the zoom call on Saturday and can set up a space and send out the info. There’s a chance I won’t be able to be on very long because of Tom Barefoot’s memorial service is set for that day in Waitsfield.
    More on that tomorrow.
    Good report then, too.
  • jugar
    Quick update for weigh-ins:

Due Wednesday -
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit

Overdue -
    @BlissfulK
    @kathrynartis2271
    @sophsjw

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Wow! It’s hard getting back on track while enjoying so many foods I missed while out of the area. Diners! That was today. I had a yummy spinach feta omelette, but only ate some of the hash browns. Diner coffee is so good!!!

Made sure I surpassed my 8,000 steps today, but no specific workout. My water was off today. Mostly, I had coffee. I know that’s not good. Tomorrow I will focus more on drinking that water. Maybe I should measure it out and really look at it. 8 cups. 64 ounces. More if possible. I wonder what difference I’d see if I actually got 80 ounces a day for the rest of the week?

I know this post menopausal skin is scaring me. I read women loose something like 80% of their estrogen within one year of hitting menopause. Wonder if water will help at all??

I did log my food at the end of the day after I ate a cupcake 🧁 🫤 Maybe tomorrow I need to log as I go. It may stop me from that later night sweet snack. @jugar I remember you saying once you eliminate sugar, the cravings are less intense. I was doing pretty well and now that I’ve been eating way too many sweet things, I want them. Need to stop that. Besides, I don’t want diabetes.

@jugar @DD Your gardens are amazing!! So jealous and missing my garden in NC. Some day, I’ll have one again. I will plant tomatoes.

I will try and make the video call. Love seeing you all live. I do have an event at my new (old) school from 11-3 so maybe I’ll go after the Zoom.

Well… on to Wednesday!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    edited May 2022
    Thanks @jugar for answering @MoonlitMuse on the animal part specifically. Your experience with horses and that community makes you way more qualified to speak on it than me, that's for sure.

5/2 exercise:
    11386 steps
    46 minutes Peloton

Thanks for setting up the call @EvMakesChanges .... looking forward to it!

I had a long leadership summit at work today, but they gave us a 40 minute break and I made sure to pop out for a walk. The weather is nice so I really enjoyed getting out with the dog after work as well. Brad has been out biking outdoors with a couple of his friends. We both collapse into bed at the end of the night - this going to the office is for the birds!!! I just can't remember feeling this busy in a long time, lol.

Nice catching up with everyone... good progress @Kali225 and @DD265 I am looking forward to hearing about your binge eating therapy session.

@jugar @Kali225 Brad has the same vibe - he saves special meals and bigger eating for Thursday and likes to do a big workout Wednesday night. He's all about that Thursday morning team weigh-in :blush:
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @jugar I'd like to delay my weigh in until tomorrow please. I overindulged in super salty food last night as we went to my mom's so she wouldn't be alone on her first wedding anniversary since my dad's death this winter. It has affected the scale more than I'm willing to accept. A perfect day with lots of water will hopefully steer the ship back in the right direction.
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    First day of my new job! I'm overwhelmed but cautiously optimistic. My neighbours decided they wanted a rave at 3:30 this morning so I'm more tired than I wanted to be. But my husband lost his s**t at them and they shut up. My husband hates confrontation so I was very impressed and relieved.
  • jugar
    edited May 2022
    First day of my new job! I'm overwhelmed but cautiously optimistic. My neighbours decided they wanted a rave at 3:30 this morning so I'm more tired than I wanted to be. But my husband lost his s**t at them and they shut up. My husband hates confrontation so I was very impressed and relieved.
    Go Kellie's husband! That sounds like a heckuva prelude to your first day, but it will surely grow into one of those great stories to tell at parties :smiley:

So Wednesday has rolled on through, and it is time to get ready for Thursday -
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86

Are you still with us? A few people among the missing:
    @BlissfulK
    @kathrynartis2271
    @SatanLuciferJones
    @sophsjw
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 478 Member
    The past few days have been good! I tracked everything I ate and stayed within my calorie limits! I am finally starting to feel better after my cold/allergies and look forward to getting back to the gym tomorrow.

@jugar @DD265 your gardens are beautiful! That allotment is bigger than what I had in mind for what you were talking about.

@jugar I would be interested in a video chat Saturday!

@MoonlitMuse I live near Greensboro, NC which is halfway between the mountains and the beach. We usually head to the beach on vacations but I love the mountains as well. Asheville is beautiful!

@Kali225 I do the same thing on my weigh-in days too. Like I have a whole week ahead of me to work this off. But I agree, sometimes it can be a slippery slope and lead me to binging.
  • jugar
    Great rush of messages this morning! But I'm in a great rush - heading to Montreal to help a friend who is having a rough time. I'll post more tonight!

If @EvMakesChanges is able to - the link for Saturday (noon our time) could be posted any time so that people who do not pop in every day can get it. Thanks!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    PlaneMonkey
    PW 191.6
    CW 192.4
    LTD: 51.6 lbs

I was able to flush the salt but there's likely still some 'food in progress' ;):D

I too use my weigh-in day as a bit of a cheat day but this week got a bit out of hand with post-boat arrival celebrations and other events.

I'm back on track now.
    I bought myself a pair of cute jean shorts since I finally feel good enough to show my knees in public and based in the size chart on the website I had to order a 2XL still.... Well, they arrived and they're the equivalent of a size 8 in Canada. So I'll be lucky if they fit my teenager. So much for that! Return shipping isn't worth it so I will be passing those along and maybe going to the mall to purchase items I can verify that fit. ohh well!
This discussion has been closed.