WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    @ashleycarole86 Congrats on nailing your crow! It's so satisfying when you take flight :) I'll definitely be including that in my 'learn to fly' workshop for the yoga festival! Go for side crow next!

@DD265 a more controlled handstand is definitely safer unless you're at a wall or have a strong wheel. My teacher would have me demo in the middle of the room for classes because I have a rubber back and could land in wheel. It's kind of a scary thing at first though lol
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 588 Member
    Seeing lots of good weigh-ins! I'm going for 4 weeks in the green, which I don't think I've accomplished with this group since like late fall 2020?

Yesterday did get way too snack-y. I stuck to my dinner plan, but also ended up having a friend over to watch some tv and split a bottle of wine. Oops. Not a good calorie day but I did get a lot of movement in, including meeting 10k steps (I haven't been doing that intentionally with the resting foot) and an ab workout. Today is arms and stretching, and I am only moderately reducing calories today to adjust for yesterday. Better to just stick to the plan than punish myself for going overboard.

I just finished my hill walk. Absolutely gorgeous weather out. Workout next and then a relaxing shower before lunch. Friday is shaping up to be a bit busy with an interview, a networking call with a friend from college, and an evening with girlfriends to watch the Selling Sunset reunion on Netflix :D I assume most of them will be drinking/snacking while we watch but I am resolving not to.

@ashleycarole86 I love crow pose! Need to get back into good form with it, but I find the biggest factor in my being able to hold the pose is what kind of leggings I am wearing haha. Any really slippy material and I am doomed.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    @MoonlitMuse @DD265 @Kali225
    Thanks ladies. I agree about the right leggings.
    Side crow is nothing I've tried before. I will have to see how I can work on that.
    Wheel pose is on the list to work up to as well. Handstands are interesting... something from my past as well in my gymnastics days. You've all given me lots to ponder!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 459 Member
    Another good day of tracking today!

@ashleycarole86 I have been going to orange theory fitness since December 2021. I love the workouts there, with the coaches telling us what to do. When I was going to the gym before, I was like eh maybe I'll lift this weight, maybe I will do the ellipitcal. I havent been in a week since I couldn't breathe out of my nose 🤧
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Greetings Friends!

So I managed to fit in a 20 minute yoga session before going to my café job this morning (Thursdays and Saturdays). I will be starting a new training contract later this month and I am very excited!

And ... I have booked our flights to Virginia for mid June. We're going for 3 weeks! We haven't seen our son in almost 3 years. Beyond excited.

I am so jealous of your obvious green fingers @jugar and @DD265 - I can't be trusted with plants. Every one who knows me feels sorry for any plants that I acquire! Having said that, I am going to try again with a tomato plant this year. Just one tomato plant - I should be able to manage that, right? And I love tomatoes, so I can always eat whatever successes I manage to produce.

Sadly I won't be able to join you for the group Zoom call as I will be at work.

TTFN
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    What a day! I spent a lot of time in the car back and forth to Montreal, but I am glad I was able to help my friend. We took a good walk together while talking, but then had a terrible (but filling!) lunch. I got home in time to make my own dinner, which was better, and to see that my first little tiny greens (arugula and lettuce) are starting to appear in the big garden. I have been singing and telling them stories :blush:

All the workout news is inspiring - I did a good Pilates/barre session today when I got home, and I am happy to have been working harder in strength sessions this week. I need to try crow again - or work up to it. We could have a crow selfie collection in a few weeks???

Hopefully @EvMakesChanges will be able to post the link to our Saturday zoom meeting very soon - watch this space!
  • jugar
    @PlaneMonkey Don't you hate the almost-impossible-to-return-so-don't-bother tendency in ordering clothes from certain sources these days? I just hit the same dead end with a pair of shoes I ordered that were of poor quality (missing stitches, stained spots, etc.). Returning would have cost money with no guarantee that they would be "able" to process the refund. They kept offering me to send a new pair or to give me a partial refund so that I would keep them. I finally gave up, got a 30% refund, and am now stuck with the things. Burns me up. (rant over!)

@YinxFed that is so wonderful that you'll be able to visit your son!!! It has been a long haul. You must be so excited!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Just got home from doing landscaping at my mom's. Went over my calories because she fed me too many yummy quesadillas but I definitely burned off most of it hauling the soil and mulch bags around the yard and replacing the edging around her front garden.

I loved gymnastics as a kid but when I switched from Brownies to Girl Guides as I turned 9 the nights conflicted so I gave up the gymnastics because I loved Brownies so much. Turned out to be the wrong choice as my Girl Guide group was a huge letdown and I stopped going after the first year. By then playing Ringette had become a big part of my spare time so I gave up on the idea of getting back to it.
    I still love cartwheels and trying handstands and I used to be able to do crow (which we called a teddy bear stand as kids) I had completely forgotten that name!
  • jugar
    We are now officially ready for the Friday crew! Bring it on :smiley:

@EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @ells_bellz
    @lexabeep
    @Pearl4686
    @happimess01
    @micki48
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Today was ok. Still need to drink more water. Why is it so hard? I think I got everything logged. Did not meet my step goal and had an ice cream treat after dinner.

@lauren_989 I just moved from Greensboro!! You must have joined the team while I was packing to move. I lived near Friendly Center if you know where that is.

Looking forward to the zoom call. The event I had to go to was cancelled due to bad weather predicted. So I have no conflict.

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member

Evelyn K (VT) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Evelyn K (VT)'s Zoom Meeting
    Time: May 7, 2022 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us04web.zoom.us/j/2356048826?pwd=ZUtBMzNZM3kwcEU3VDlyRURkN3JxUT09

Meeting ID: 235 604 8826
    Passcode: 0000

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    PW 86.6
    CW 86.2

Can't make it on Saturday as I have an all-day training, shame as I would love to put faces to names.

Happy with my loss and with my effort this week. I went back to open water swimming, which was amazing. The water was 14 degrees C and I love the adrenaline rush. I had to get out prematurely as I was in a rush, but as I was getting changed in a cubicle, I could hear 2 woman talking about 'did you that lady who just went in without making a sound?'
    They went in screaming lol but it was funny to hear them talk about me.
    I also managed to squeeze in 2 excersize classes and work up a good sweat.
    I increased the weights I use from 3 kg in each hand to 4. Tiny compared to others I know but nonetheless an achievement for me and an effort.
    Have a great week!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Last night, I got snacky... still within calories but lots of snacks... We had a great dinner of Chicken fajitas and a pineapple jalapeno margarita...

I did not exercise last night.. Eeeeh

No exercise this morning either, I am pretty sore, feel it mostly in my obliques, but it's pretty much all muscles.. LOL, so I decided I was taking a 24 hour rest period. I will do some light cardio this evening, and then some yoga and strength tomorrow morning, our walk at the park before the movies isn't going to happen they are calling for yucky windy rainy weather, so it will be indoor stuff..

Have a wonderful weekend everyone...

• jugar
    Happy Friday!

@Pearl4686 It is wonderful to hear you building back the energy, getting the exercise "high" and losing some weight. You had a stretch of doldrums, and it is the best kind of reminder that those times end. Sticking with it even when things aren't great helps you climb out. Or jump in!! I love your story. I'm not sure how you did it without screaming either :grin:
  • jugar
    Evelyn K (VT) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Evelyn K (VT)'s Zoom Meeting
    Time: May 7, 2022 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us04web.zoom.us/j/2356048826?pwd=ZUtBMzNZM3kwcEU3VDlyRURkN3JxUT09

Meeting ID: 235 604 8826
    Passcode: 0000

Thanks!! I'm looking forward to it. And I'll have a fresh haircut from that morning :smiley:
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    First day of my new job! I'm overwhelmed but cautiously optimistic. My neighbours decided they wanted a rave at 3:30 this morning so I'm more tired than I wanted to be. But my husband lost his s**t at them and they shut up. My husband hates confrontation so I was very impressed and relieved.
    Go Kellie's husband! That sounds like a heckuva prelude to your first day, but it will surely grow into one of those great stories to tell at parties :smiley:

So Wednesday has rolled on through, and it is time to get ready for Thursday -
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86

Are you still with us? A few people among the missing:
    @BlissfulK
    @kathrynartis2271
    @SatanLuciferJones
    @sophsjw

Thanks for checking in, still here :) I stopped tracking for a couple weeks because I had to reorganize the kitchen for healthy eating ‘consistently’ and a new lifestyle. Pretty much finished. Have to get in the habit of counting macros for a ketogenic diet. I haven’t calculated any recipes yet, but Ill weigh in this Sunday. I may not track diet well until the following week.
This discussion has been closed.