• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Username: trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 229.0
    CW: 232.4 :(
  • trooworld
    @askewcr You probably are retaining water from the increased workouts. Just keep doing what you are doing and the scale will eventually catch up! :)

@gwamajtw91 I'm glad you had a good trip. Welcome back!

@Katmary71 Thank you, yeah I hope I don't too. I really liked The Storyteller's Secret, too. Poor sick possum! I hope you can capture him and take him to the wildlife center. Sorry about your brother.

@amioc Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that you have lyme's disease. I hope you get better soon.

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. Well, this is what a stressful week and not dealing with it well will get you: a 3.4 lb gain! I'm not going to flog myself or dwell on it, I'm going to move on and concentrate on getting a WW blue dot today. I don't know if it will be possible because we are having filet mignon with a blue cheese sauce, baked potatoes with light butter and fat free cottage cheese, and lightened up creamed spinach but if I don't get one today, I will definitely get one tomorrow.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,741 Member
    Digger61
    Saturday
    PW - 220
    CW - 220
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,899 Member
    The May Week 3 Challenge is up and ready to roll for Sunday:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10864503/may-week-3-challenge-fight-sitting-disease/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @amioc I do think the body's good at holding onto weight when health issues are worse than normal, that was definitely the case with my CRPS last year. I hope you're feeling better soon.

@trooworld Your dinner sounds awesome, hope your blue dot is possible! I'm glad you aren't beating yourself up and moving on, I really think that's the best thing to do. Hope Sunday is a blue dot day! I don't really know what I'm talking about but I got your back girl!

Slow day today, hope you're all out having fun! The plant sale wasn't a big success but we did sell some, unfortunately one of the people that bought them was me! Yep I have a trunk of dirt again and more grow bags will be here Monday. I got some for my SIL too as the head of the farm was saying cucumbers do decent in shade. Came home and did some yardwork and my belly dance challenge, my abs are super sore and it's only like 12 minutes a day, I do some core work every day and the other people doing it with me are sore too. Just got out of the tub and finished watching the new Firestarter. Tomorrow I'm either going to my brother's for a visit or we're going out for my SILs birthday, not sure yet. I'm in charge of the seedlings at the food bank farm the next couple days too. The next two weeks are going to be real busy. Have a great Sunday gang!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Saturday, another day of birding. We had fun, but there were ticks. I hate ticks. The mere mention of the word makes me want to run home and shower. We were walking along one of the trails, pretty early in the morning, and Rich calls out to me "I've got a tick on me!" He wanted me to come and confirm it before he flicked it off. To be accurate, it was on his pants, not on his person. But then I started checking myself and sure enough there were 2 ticks on my pants! It's a good thing we always wear light-colored clothing. So we sprayed the bottom of our pants with bug repellent, and I think I was checking for ticks every 15 or so minutes as we continued to hike. No more ticks were found. But of course I was implementing full tick protocols when I got home - put all my clothes straight into the dryer to kill any ticks on the clothes, and then jumped into the shower and gave my skin a thorough check. No ticks. Phew!

On a happy note, my front door lock has fixed itself. My house is highly subject to frost. In winter the whole house does a bit of a twist, which means the doorknob latch doesn't line up with the hole in the door frame, so I can't lock the door with the knob. I have a deadbolt lock as well, and most of the time that one will still line up OK and I can lock the door, but I much prefer to lock the door with the knob. The frost heaves must be all thawed out now (after 2 days of temps in the 80's) and viola! the door shuts latches and locks.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @trooworld - I'm sorry all these things are happening. I hope you will stay Covid free. Tomorrow is a new day and a new week to get back at it.

@davors19 - Congrats on 50 pounds! That's awesome!

@askewcr - Five days at the gym is awesome!

@gwamajtw91 - Welcome back!

@Katmary71 - I'll take a belly dancing link. Or just tell me the name of the channel. What's the status on the possum? Hope you had a fun day with your family.

@amioc - Oh no Lyme disease! That's the pits. Sending you healthy vibes.

@micaroo4 - I don't like ticks either. That is crazy about your house.

Well Slims, it's an uneventful weekend here in FL. Doing some chores and some relaxing too.

Lisa

• trooworld
    edited May 2022
    @Katmary71 It was really good but I scrapped the sides and we had a beet salad with goat cheese and blood orange vinaigrette per my husband's request. I did not get a blue dot but I will today! LOL I'm so thankful you have my back and I have YOURS too! You probably have such a nice deck with all of your plants. I bet belly dancing is good exercise. How was the new Firestarter? Have a great day!

@micaroo4 Oh gosh, I would hate ticks, too! I'm glad you didn't have any ticks on you. That's good that the lock fixed itself.

@Cornanda Thank you! I am back on plan now. Enjoy your Sunday!

Hi all. Last night's dinner was a hit. I had a beet salad with goat cheese and blood orange vinaigrette instead of the sides I had planned. Today is meal prep. I plan on making:
    • Pozole Rojo (making with chicken instead of pork)
    • Instant Pot Chicken Marsala + Classic Lightened Up Creamed Spinach + these cauliflower noodles I bought
    • Braised Chicken Adobo with Greens
    • Weeknight Thai Peanut Chicken with Spicy Lime Mango
    • Tuscan Farro Soup (made with barley instead of farro)

If anyone wants any of these recipes, please let me know. I'm happy to share!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 137.3
    CW. 136.6

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

wkabrunmor5k.png
    ysltlu7xao0x.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    pcvh6e8bqsfb.png

By Pounds
    vtsura4kcm25.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    8h02zk09pczk.png

By Pounds
    fdymyybfojvs.png
    aig6wcbubovz.png

Team Winners
    fmtvyr43bjlw.png

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hi Team! Joe and I came home from the hospital yesterday evening. The doctor had told us that we could go home at 8 am and we didn’t walk out until almost 6 pm. Ugghhhh!! :s Joe got a good night’s sleep and feels better today but is still very weak. We are learning how to do self-catheterization, which is an experience, but we are managing it better than we thought we would. Today, I’ve been cleaning the house and catching up on bills and other stuff on my to-do list. The Never Binge Again program has been a struggle since I’ve been completely out of my routine, but I’ve done the best I can and today, I’m back on track and that feels really good. I did read everything and tomorrow I will start replying to you all. Special thanks to our wonderful motivators for keeping this group on track! <3
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    @askewcr I am always up in weight the day after I work out. That is why I switched my weigh in day to Sunday, I don’t usually do gym days on the weekend.

@amioc I am sorry to hear that you have Lyme disease, I have heard that that is brutal!

@trooworld I love your attitude about moving on! That is the only way to do it. Sounds like you had a fabulous meal planned! Seriously, you and your husband make the most appetizing meals! Your meal prep for the week sounds delicious! Lots of blue dots coming your way!

@katmary I would have been right there with you buying those plants! Lol I spent all today working on my little tiny piece of greenery, it was fun! Would you share your belly dancing workouts? I really do need to do serious core work!

@micaroo4 you just talking about ticks makes my skin crawl😯. We did not used to have ticks here, but over the years it has warmed up enough for us to be blessed with them 🤮. My garage door is the same as your house door and last week I could finally shut it and it would actually connect!

@Cornanda an uneventful weekend in Florida sounds heavenly! Anything uneventful when it is warm, is rather like a slice of heaven!

@TeresaW1020 oh my word, you and Joe have been through the wringer! I can’t believe the energy that you have, after all you’ve been through and you come home and clean the house and pay bills, I think I might just collapse on the couch! Please know that I am sending all of my best wishes and prayers for you both!

Sorry I have been MIA. My hockey team has made it into the finals and every second night they have been having a playoff game not ending until 11 or 1130 at night, I am getting way too old for this😜.
    I was super surprised that I lost a little weight, I think I will just keep on with the 1500 cal for the time being and see how that goes.
    It was a beautiful day today and I was able to get some yardwork done, which was desperately needed! I am now going to try to stay awake until 9 o’clock and then pass out
  • trooworld
    @laurelfit57 @amioc @MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad Joe is home now. Hugs to you both.

@laurelfit57 Yes, no point in dwelling on it! Thank you, we do like to cook and eat lol. I hope the blue dots just pour in! Congrats to your hockey team woo hoo! Congrats on the loss, too. :D

Hi all. The Mexican soup I made for dinner (pozole rojo) came out so good but it was labor-intensive. This slowed me down and zapped my energy so I only made 3 meals + cut up 3 pineapples for meal prep. That's certainly better than doing no meal prep so I'll take it.

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,940 Member
    @MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO - Congratulations!!
    99y1v84nf6xt.jpg
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    @broncobuddee Sorry!

Username:@leonadixon

PW 4/29: 227.0

Check in weight (5/6/2022): 225.6
    Check in weight (5/13/2022):224.4
    Check in weight (5/20/2022):
    Check in weight (5/27/2022):

Loving Noom so far!
  • TeresaW1020
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 188.2
    CW: 190.0
    Month +/-: +1.2
    Total Loss: 74.4

• TeresaW1020
    @laurelfit57 Thank you and believe me collapsing and doing nothing is what I would love to do, But I have to try to keep as much order in my life as possible or I will go crazy. Yayyy for your winning hockey team and for losing a little weight this week. Enjoy the time outdoors. :)

@trooworld I have got to go buy some pineapple because every time you talk about it, I want some!! :)

Hi Team! Today has been another crazy one. When we came home from the hospital, they gave us enough catheter kits to get through this morning. They told us that Home Health would be bringing them out today. So, I called and found out that they don’t do that. They were only coming to teach us how to do the cath. Yeah, I already know how to do that thank you! So, I canceled those people and got on the phone with our doctor and the urologist's office only to get the answering machine over and over again. Tried to call the hospital and they were no help. So, I put Joe in the car, and we drove to the urologist where they told us that they need to put in an Rx and someone would be calling in a day or two to set up mailing them out. In the meantime, they gave us some samples to last until Friday morning. Seriously annoyed is an understatement for how I have felt today. Plus, Joe is confused about everything and keeps asking me the same thing over and over. We have an appointment with his primary next week and I’m demanding a complete cognitive workup on him. I hate what has happened to my brilliant husband, but I can’t sit and wallow in it. I am the only one to take charge of his health and that is what I will do. I’m also trying to get back on track with my health. I haven’t worked out in over a week and the scale was up this week as well. But I’m not giving up and I’ve done well today with my eating and fasting. One day at a time right! :#
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    5/8 - 193.6
    5/15 - 194.8
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Life sucks monkey butt right now. Have gained and gained and gained. Sorry to bring the group numbers down.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    Life sucks monkey butt right now. Have gained and gained and gained. Sorry to bring the group numbers down.

What's a few pounds among friends? I just thought you were experimenting trying to figure out what your maintenance calories are. 😁
This discussion has been closed.