Monthly Post for May 2022

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,603 Member
    He's all graduated. Having a super proud/super sad moment. Where's the cake?! Carbs are the answer!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 2,060 Member
    Good morning!

We are back home in the USA and feeling grateful. We had a nice time in the Caribbean and I am looking forward to not having to hop on a plane again until December. :#

Hope you ladies are well. I will be back tomorrow with a longer post.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Back to the grind. Work is not crazy which is a relief! The good news is I am working from home today. :)

Hope you guys had a great weekend. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    7 more alarms! I am going to miss these crazy kids! Need more carbs!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Back in the office today! Grumble grumble. The highway to work was not kind today. Oh how I didn't miss it while I was away!

Just had my oatmeal and am tackling my never ending inbox.

Hope you are well. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Stay strong, Meghan!
    6 more alarms for me!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Woo hoo, @KateNkognito summer is almost here!! You got this!

Feels like summer here. 62 F and sunny, been 70's F during the week since we have been back. I likey!!

Nothing exciting happening here. Same old.

Have a good one and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    It is always hot the last few days of school. I finished teaching human growth and development today. Fun times. There are a few parts of the human anatomy I don't want to have to say again for a while. :D

@Meghan509 Enjoy the rest of your week! I hope it stays nice and ordinary.
  • Meghan509
    Hello!!

LOLOL @KateNkognito got to love science stuff! Reminds me of when we had to learn about the birds and the bees and our "Health" teacher gave us index cards to write embarrassing questions on. Could tell what questions the boys submitted! They were all curious about "TOM" stuff and the girls were like sigh... Been there, done that! LOL

Today we had an evacuation drill at work. This means the fire drill goes off and we vacate the building. Fun thing is we are in a high rise so we need to walk down 15 floors. Good times... RIP to my legs for the next few days. :'(

Have a good one and see you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    That sounds like so much fun Meghan! ;) At least you got a good workout?!
  • Meghan509
    Happy Friday!

LOL @KateNkognito right, aren't you jelly?! The good news is my legs are not that bad. Just a little sore vs. full blown limping as experienced in years past. Fingers crossed that tomorrow it doesn't all go to h*ll... Going to take some Advil before bed!

Otherwise things are good here. Plugging along. :)

Hope you have a great weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    Yesterday was a LONG day! But there are only three more school days left! I am teaching 6th grade science next year. It should be fun!
    @Meghan509 I hope your legs are good today!
    Gonna go catch up on house work, then veg out for the rest of the day. Have a lovely weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Monday is here! We had a nice productive weekend. Got the garden ready to go for new tomatoes! Got my Impatiens planted in two cute metal buckets that hang off the railing of the deck, as you walk up. Beautiful light lavender color. :)

Had a nice dinner with friends on Saturday night. VERY WARM here lately! Sunny and 80's F! I will take it. Bought four red Adirondack chairs, the plastic kind, for the yard yesterday. So cute and comfortable!

Planning to make a few yummy recipes for dinner this week. Looking forward to that!

Hoping to pick up some new tomatoes tonight for the garden. Looking forward to seeing friends this weekend and having an extra day off for Memorial day on Monday of next week.

Let's go summer!!

Kate, hope you are having a good last bit of school and Mama, hope you are feeling better.

See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Two more days. Plus I got good sleep this weekend. Nice and cool weather here over the weekend and for the next couple of days.

@Meghan509 Sounds like you had a great weekend. Enjoy your garden!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Tuesday is here. Finished up the last of my almond milk, which means going forward I am going to scrap my morning oat meal. I am planning to finish up the crappy low carb protein bars I bought and then after that I will go back to fasting in the AM. Time to get back on track.

Have not been logging in too much food wise, but have been sticking to my calories pretty well and drinking my water. At least during the week!

Good luck with the last few days Kate!

See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Sounds like a plan, Meghan! I am going to start ADF next week. I have rebounded back to where I was a couple of years ago. I have 60 pounds to lose. That's 1/3 of me. I feel gross and I need to get healthy.

One more day! Summer's coming!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning,

Good for you, @KateNkognito! Yes, I am in a similar boat with having to start from scratch again. Will be hopping on the scale soon to see how much I need to lose.
    So funny how bodies are different. I would like to get down to 170 lbs as that is a good weight for me at 5 feet 4 inches tall and an hourglass body type. I can be a comfy size 10 and feel good at that weight. I am done trying to get to 140. It is just not happening...
    Have a great last day of school!!!

Pretty day on tap here. Currently 60 degrees F and mostly sunny. Going out to lunch with a hotel sales person today. Planning to make healthy choices like a salad with protein. :)

Have a good day and see you soon!!

• KateNkognito
    Last day of school! I am going to miss these crazy students of mine!

@Meghan509 I am currently 184 and would like to be 128. I am 5'1" on a good day. At that weight I would be healthy and happy. Enjoy your salad! That sounds really good after all the junk I have been eating lately.

• Meghan509
    Good morning!

Hope you had a great last day, @KateNkognito now you get to sleep in and enjoy your summer!!

Lunch went well. I ended up with fish tacos. Just couldn't resist and they were good!

Not much new here. Just looking forward to a long weekend with Memorial Day on Monday. :)

See you soon!

• KateNkognito
    Got my room packed and all checked out. I have already taken my first nap of the day. Going to go take my vitamins and a nice long bath. Tomorrow will be a fast day.

@Meghan509 I have never had fish tacos. I feel like it is something I need in my life, though.