Eating Clean, Detoxing?

tvsloan9438
tvsloan9438 Posts: 11 Member
Hi there

I just started eating whole clean foods! I was told I need to leave 2st to be eligible for fertility treatment on the NHS, but since I started I’ve been unwell, head is very sore, extremely tired and my eczema has broken out! Is my body just detoxing? Or what do you think?

Replies

• cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Hi! I don’t have an answer for you but I hope you have found one!
  • Niecy1212
    Niecy1212 Posts: 3 Member
    Sounds like you may be detoxing too quickly. If you are giving up coffee try reducing it by 1/3 per week. So if you normally have 3 cups a day, reduce that to 2 cups, if you only drink 1 cup a day, then only have 2/3 of a cup per day for the first week... 1/3 of cup week week 2......no coffee after that. It may take you a few weeks but it you don't have to be miserable. By week 3 or 4 you will have eliminated your caffeine without head aches and feeling awful. Sugar/white flower/ processed food can all be cut out immediately without pain or too much suffering. You will have cravings but once you get past them they go away, sugar is a tough one but it only takes a few days to stop those cravings. Be sure to eat plenty of fiber by way of vegetables and grains. Fasting on water alone will cause you to detox too quickly and get flu like symptoms, so take it easy.