Is this group still active?

Options
nedw3
nedw3 Posts: 379 Member
I have been looking for a group of women dealing with the same issues as me.. however every group I have looked at nobody is active. I dont understand how that is as there is so many of us. Is there something we can do to make it more active and supportive?

Replies

• Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Options
    Hi, im also struggling with perimenopause and weight gain, looking for ideas and support that may help, if the group is not active you could add me as a friend? Maybe we can help each other
  • azzie23
    azzie23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me 3! I've pretty much always carried some weight but the last few months it feels like if I even think about having a snack I put on pounds that I just can't seem to shift. It's beginning to get me down and it would be lovely to talk to others in the same boat who may have insights.
  • msdramatic
    msdramatic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I recently came back to myfitnesspal specifically for this reason. I am 45 and entered menopause earlier this year. The weight is steadily increasing. I am suffering from low energy and constantly feeling hungry. I have joined a gym to try and help with the laziness that I have been feeling. Right now I am just walking on the treadmill.
    In my circle of friends, I am the only one currently in menopause so I have no one to share and compare with. Would love for this group to fill that void.
  • journey2ahealthierme
    Options
    Me too! (Although I see this group thread is already 4 months old, so I'm guessing the answer is 'no, it's not active.'
    But I'm peri, and have so many weight related and exercise related questions I'd love to hear others experiences and opinions of.
    Anyone out there who would like to revive this group?
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all! I'm back to MFP because I was hoping to find an active discussion, but no. SO WEIRD.

Feel free to send a friend request. My profile tells you about me and I just wrote a blog about the lack of chatter about peri- and menopause on the forums. Maybe we could cobble something together or at least interact with each other.
  • ARenae8484
    ARenae8484 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested, I’ve lost 43lbs since January this year by following Melissa Neil on YouTube. I’m in medical menopause due to a hysterectomy in 2020 and it’s been a long battle. This year I put my foot down and told myself there’s gotta be something I can do! her diet and fitness tips definitely work, check her out on YouTube, she’s amazing and you won’t be disappointed!! I will say this, protein is or best friend in menopause for fat loss.
  • primalpam
    primalpam Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just sent friend requests to three people in here who to appear to still use MFP regularly.