Sharing my Journey so Far

Options
cooperandleo
cooperandleo Posts: 1 Member
Hi all, I haven't posted in one of these since high school. I'm 23 now and I've returned because I find that binge eating is so accessible and I have lost so much weight and will gain it back if I can't learn to control myself. For context, I was an overweight child and weighed about 200lbs when I was a freshman in high school, slimmed down to 140lbs by the time I was a senior, then gained 60lbs in 9 months the next year as a college freshman. Awful. However, I was 140lbs by the time I graduated college, and I have maintained that now 1 year after graduation.

Graduating college has been difficult because I don't really know my place in the world, I was smoking too much weed in college and had to change a lot of my habits to now fit into the world as a working adult.

Fitness-wise I have been doing great this year beginning in January, where I worked out once a week, then twice a week in February, then 3 times a week in March, and I was feeling great at the beginning of April, but then I got COVID and basically ate whatever I wanted in bed for two weeks. May has been difficult to get myself back on track, I still don't feel 100% better after being sick, I had trouble going to work, kept eating junk food, and now I can't seem to stop. It's already better than it was, I'm back at work and making all my food at home; except for snacks. I find it so difficult to not pick up a bag of goldfish or chips on the way home and I can't help but eat it all. There's a lot of shame there and I don't know why I can't stop and the lack of control worries me. The accessibility to junk food is unreal, it's so cheap, fast and always available so I'm finding that having tons of fruits and vegetables around helps me. I'm drinking tons of smoothies and cauliflower rice dishes, going for high volume highly nutritious things. But I still am able to down a whole pack of twizzlers when I'm sad. I know I am not alone but I feel like a gross monster sometimes.

Hopefully someone can relate and share what has worked for them. I just want to know I have control over this.